Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fed up already....

grumpymum

with the Olympics!

OH had it on constantly over the weekend and I've had enough! I like to know when we have won a medal and might watch some of the more high profile short races, but I am dreading it being on non-stop over the next few weeks.

Might have to invest in some boxed sets to relieve the tedium.....

I'm not a huge sport fan but I do like a bit of Olympics. I like the variety and seeing different things. So yesterday I caught some judo, table tennis,diving, gymnastics and fencing. It's not like footie cups where you get a month of one sport that goes on many channels and disrupts usual tv programing. It's mostly on the beeb and red button so you can avoid it to a certain degree.

Hang on in there, it's only a fortnight, just catch up on those fav series you like to see again, if you reaaly can't abide it.

• Like 2

OH is seriously into his sport - as a spectator I hasten to add! Plus he has an extra excuse at the moment due to injury to his achilles tendon - slight tear due to running after our 29 year old! So... he's been advised to keep his foot up and rest it! Not that he needed much persuasion - just needed it sanctioned by the medical profession ::1a ::1a ::1a So we are wall to wall olypmics, but like Megamum I watch a few bits that I like, but don't watch it all, generally I watch it on catch up.

I also have a fair extensive library of DVD's, and really enjoy listening to music and radio while attending to the TDL of the day

Excuse me Panders but the 'TDL' is a vitally important piece of Early Years Management! How would we survive without it??? We need to review, evaluate and note what we need to avoid and to put off, so that we can feel guilty about it! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Mundia - you must pay more attention to the nutty things we post about on here!

My report card reads 'could do better'

At least you don't need to know what it means to know that you have one, or in my case, several!

• Like 1

It's driving me mad. Football , Formula 1,Olympics......and back to football. If it's sports related, hubby has it on and then expresses genuine surprise if i have the temerity to complain. I have had respite this evening as he is out HURRAH!!

Same in this house...bore, bore, bore. I must asdmit to like watching the...i dont even know what its called...the suspended rings that they flip themselves over and balance on in mid air. I love the power they must have, it doesn't seem possible!

But apart from that I really don't care if they all fall in the sea!

I have been so busy and out not really seen any of it,

Sunshine and warm weather calls me out and it has been lovely out , yesterday was not so good, but met friends who came for the day at the seaside and had a great day out with them.. suppose my location has a lot of benefits..

Am also happy to say sport does not feature on our tv schedule at all.. but I do enjoy a bit of the olympics, not the track part but definitely the swimming/diving , gymnastics, riding events and lots more we seldom see on tv.

Now for me the sun is out and back to the garden - lots of weeding to do out there, all gone a bit wild .

Edited by Inge
  • Like 1

I know the feeling. Been watching equestrian on the Internet and I guess synchro swimming next week on there. These are the only two sports that I am interested in, the rest can get lost. Itv is just has bad with silly repeats.

I have to say I really enjoy the mens diving ......... B) I wonder if they need help wringing out their little towels and help in the hot tub lol x

But why do they take their little towel thingies into the shower with them?..... can't they leave them on the side like normal people :unsure:

Oh gods!! He keeps talking to me about what's going on o the tv and i absolutely dont care!!!

Yes, been having that a lot - was a bit surprised when I said through gritted teeth "Just tell me if we win a medal".

I suppose it does have the advantage of variety, as he normally watches golf (yawn....) all the time. We are just spending time in totally separate rooms at the moment and shouting about whose turn it is to make the tea!

Thank goodness I am out at work and not at home - that would be unbearable!

But why do they take their little towel thingies into the shower with them?..... can't they leave them on the side like normal people :unsure:

No idea!

We've only watched the eventing, thank goodness. My girls are in awe of William Fox-Pitt and so they should be. The guy was in a coma 9 months ago and he was in first place at the end of the dressage. That beats a swimmer who was afraid of the bath as a toddler hands down in my opinion.

Luckily for us the tv is rarely on in our house anyway so I only need to make an effort to avoid it all on the internet.

It will all be over for another four years soon enough :)

Yes, been having that a lot - was a bit surprised when I said through gritted teeth "Just tell me if we win a medal".

I suppose it does have the advantage of variety, as he normally watches golf (yawn....) all the time. We are just spending time in totally separate rooms at the moment and shouting about whose turn it is to make the tea!

Thank goodness I am out at work and not at home - that would be unbearable!

No idea!

I'm at home. He pops in during the day with bits of paper and stuff but now he puts the tv on! Today it was cycling. Because hes ALWAYS interested in that!! :rolleyes:

I have to say I really enjoy the mens diving ......... B) I wonder if they need help wringing out their little towels and help in the hot tub lol x

I thought it rather odd that the Brazilian synchro men had very modest cossies compared to Tom Daley!

• Like 1

I thought it rather odd that the Brazilian synchro men had very modest cossies compared to Tom Daley!

Saw in the newspaper that Tom Daley worked with the designers as they had been a bit skimpy in previous years and he wanted to feel more comfortable!

• 2 weeks later...