Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Moved to tears today

sunnyday

Many, many years ago I had the privilege of working with 4 super boys from one family.......

The youngest has always held a very special place in my heart - I have seen him on and off over the years as we live in the same village.....

However, we had pretty much lost touch when he went off to Uni - see his mum from time to time and she updates me - imagine my surprise when I came home today to find that he had dropped a letter through my door......

He is studying Drama and Theatre Arts and it has been a long running 'joke' that I gave him his love for all things theatrical - I spent many a happy time playing Dorothy for him (Wizard of Oz) :1b

Anyway fantastic surprise and a lovely letter full of how well he is doing.

He is now moving into stage management.

He ended his letter with 'if I end up stage managing a production of The Wizard of Oz you will be the first person to get a ticket to the opening night!

How special is that?

• Like 24

Thank you for all of your lovely comments - I am so lucky to have you to share this with - it is only fellow early years peeps that would understand :1b

I don't kid myself that I really gave him his love for all things theatrical - all I did was what we all do everyday for the children in our care - I encouraged his interests and maybe, just maybe I was lucky enough to be one of the first people to recognise that he could go far! :1b

• Like 3