Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Taken the Plunge

Well, four weeks from today, I shall no longer have the burden responsibility of being manager of a setting :1b

I have applied for and been offered a job as a playworker in a Preschool and I cannot wait to not have to spend twice as long working at home as I do at work in my current preschool!

I am very sad to be leaving, as I love my job, my children, families and team, but after several unsuccessful attempts at trying to get my committee to understand my workload and that it's impossible, I have thrown in the towel :/:(

At this setting only since September 2014, but have managed day nurseries previously. My home circumstances have changed since I started and the work/life balance is weighing far too heavily to the work side, so something had to give....

Well, four weeks from today, I shall no longer have the burden responsibility of being manager of a setting :1b

I have applied for and been offered a job as a playworker in a Preschool and I cannot wait to not have to spend twice as long working at home as I do at work in my current preschool!

I am very sad to be leaving, as I love my job, my children, families and team, but after several unsuccessful attempts at trying to get my committee to understand my workload and that it's impossible, I have thrown in the towel :/:(

Smooth move Tinkthing! This has also been my dream for awhile.....enjoying, what I know I do well, than waving goodbye (like my staff) and back to my own life!! Wouldnt even object to a bit of 'own time' Tapestry!! Anyone got space for me?! :)

Hope it works well for you....chuck that Managers hat to the back of the cupboard - you know, the cupboard your not responsible for anymore!! : )

• Like 3

Good for you Tinkthing - feeling rather envious

You mention you have managed day nurseries as well as being a pre-school manager - how would you compare those roles?

good luck in your new role

I had a lot less work and a lot less autonomy in the nurseries, as the owner was very hands on. This role has been tricky as the committee are not very, well, committed! Not a clue about the amount of work involved and being packaway having to do the majority all the admin at home as well as having a key group... Devastated to leave really, but NOT going to miss all the extra work! Hello family! ::1a

• 3 weeks later...

Well that was a 'brave move' there Tink Thing - I imagine lots of managers are thinking 'if only'.......

Not me - I'm far too much of a 'control freak' :ph34r: ::1a :lol:

Good luck in your new role! :1b

I sometimes daydream about finding something with less responsibility, balance etc but, like sunnyday, I don't think I could take a backseat any longer. I've thought about returning to teaching but don't think I could even manage to be 'under' a headteacher anymore! I really never knew I was a control freak until I was the one in control!!

• Like 4

I think it is a shame that you have had to take this step, but understand your reasons only too well. Wishing you all the best!!!

Thank you. Yes, I am so sad that it has come to this and it still doesn't feel right at the moment, but next week is my last week and then it's on to pastures new.