Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What is everyone reading?

I am going to treat myself to some 'chick lit' soppy holiday books that require no brain power and totally withdraw from the real world!!! (Apart from having my parents staying and cooking for 10 on Christmas day) Hence my choice of reading material - can pick up and put down easily!

Enjoy your dissertation Rob!

• Like 3

I haven't read Gone Girl yet so it might be that. I usually get books as presents so I'll have to wait and see. I love Bill Bryson and he has a new book out so I'm hoping Santa has made note! Haven't got my feet up yet, as we don't finish until tomorrow but not long to go now... :1b

I must confess that having a kindle has revolutionised my reading and I tend to read anything that's free!! So it means I read all sorts of random stuff.

But at the moment I am reading a more serious book, well serious in the sense that it's about a serious subject but it's so brilliantly written that it is making me laugh and cry in equal measure. It's called 'the little girl in the radiator' it's written by a chap about his mum's journey through Alzheimers.

But I'll not have much reading time as it's family visitors in various configurations all the way from Thursday to New Year, by which time I'll probably need a serious amount of sleep!

• Like 1

I haven't read Gone Girl yet so it might be that. I usually get books as presents so I'll have to wait and see. I love Bill Bryson and he has a new book out so I'm hoping Santa has made note! Haven't got my feet up yet, as we don't finish until tomorrow but not long to go now... :1b

I watched the film of that the other evening and will say nothing to spoil the story for you but quite intriguing twisty thriller ::1a

• Like 1

I watched the film of that the other evening and will say nothing to spoil the story for you but quite intriguing twisty thriller ::1a

The book is better than the film - pleased that I had read it before seeing the film - had to really work hard not to tell Mr S what was going on! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I only read when I go to bed so its only fluffy easy going chick lit for me!! Not sure what my book is called at the moment! Husband always buys me a couple of books for Christmas so looking forward to them. I can reccomend the girl on the train, it was an unusual read and I really enjoyed it.

We could start a forum book club and nothing related to work on it!!

• Like 7

Gone Girl had me glued to my kindle! Enjoy!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Gone girl. Really enjoyed it and went to bed a little earlier each night so I could read it! Have literally just put it down but have to say I felt the ending was a little abrupt.

I loved the girl on the train. Off to raid the book shelf now for another read.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)