Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

List- Inspiration needed (please)

louby loo

Air Ambulance used to collect used stamps - worth a try. Haven't done Ellie's Fund this year. You need to store up soooooo many packets before sending them off, I suppose you can pay the postage yourself though if smaller amount. When they switched from baby wipe packets to food packaging, I thought, no, I don't want to store those!!!!

So it's the 'plastic cleaning stuff' that I have collected for Ellie's Fund this year - so washing up liquid tops, bleach tops, cleaning wipe packs - you can send just a carrier bag full so no need to store for too long!

Air Ambulance - I will check that out - thank you :1b

• Like 1

Ok. Beginners mistake. I'm new to this long list lark! But having looked at 2 other nearby threads I spotted a trend from previous years. Same people, same lists. Now, does this mean you all do the same things each year or do you never finish your to do lists!!!?

And I'm still adding things after I've already done them that weren't even on the list just so I can tick them off :)

Note to self....find pension company

• Like 1

I am jealous of all this summer holiday list making - I have 4 days left to go and my list of things to do before then is epic! Not helped by the fact that I am so shattered I get in a little after 6pm, eat tea and then crash on the sofa. By the time I'm 'awake' enough again technically it's bedtime. I've been resorting to getting up at 4am as I'm a little fresher in the morning but that of course has a knock on effect on how I feel at the end of the day! I am resolved to work until midnight or so tonight and see what I can get done...

HOWEVER - first thing on everyone's list (if they haven't already done it) is the FUNDING CONSULTATION !!!!!!!!!!!

:wub: some people even have the cheek to start a thread on this very subject and then don't even have it on their to do list........hanging my head in shame here......

• Like 2

Perhaps that what the DfE want - for us to be soooo bogged down in what we absolutely must do that we miss the these "additional little extras" - don't most of these consultations/surveys from the powers that be pop up just before holidays with closing dates in them - oops how cynical of me ;)

• Like 2

Children finished Friday so all staff in yesterday and today to clean and sort all resources , yesterday art cupboards done , books and trolleys done , transisition sheets , teddy bear picnic yesterday afternoon , today wellies, playhouse , mud kitchen and all resources to be washed to dry in sun !

Staff have shared washing

I stayed til 8 updating all photos etc to download to PDF .

Children finished Friday so all staff in yesterday and today to clean and sort all resources , yesterday art cupboards done , books and trolleys done , transisition sheets , teddy bear picnic yesterday afternoon , today wellies, playhouse , mud kitchen and all resources to be washed to dry in sun !

Staff have shared washing

I stayed til 8 updating all photos etc to download to PDF .

Oh that is quite some achievement - I really need to add 'clean setting and resources' to the to do list but it's quite long enough already :unsure:

I am about to start sorting that Registration form folder which should (please note the should) lead me neatly into preparing the register........

I'm waiting for son no 2 to deliver his beautiful chocolate lab to me - he will be here for the next 10 days - more distractions - but what a lovely distraction he is! :1b

• Like 1

Ooh Sunnyday my neighbour has 2 gorgeous choc labs - but then anything chocolate usually is ! Haha

It was a good exercise for all staff to be involved as they started to realise how much work goes on in holidays.

And hopefully take more pride in how they pack away!

Playhouse cleaned and welly boot mountain too.

We are planning to re landscape the whole garden over the Summer so it was good to do today.

All prospective parents home visits organised for 1 st week back and register sorted by admin , have to say we made the decision to employ ( colleague ) to do this couple years back and it really helps , we pay 4 hours per week but some weeks she does 4 others less so works out well.

• Like 1

Dare I ask - do people get paid for emptying, sorting, cleaning, disposing of, putting back, relabelling (is that even a word?) and closing the doors???

Nope - but then I don't expect the staff to do it, I generally set aside a day and then tell the staff I'm going to have a tidy up and then if one of them turn up then great

• Like 2

Do you know, reading this and other threads....there IS SO MUCH to do during summer holidays - do you think one day we might be funded for 'The To Do List' or do they think it 'just happens' eyfs magic!!!

• Like 3

Maybe paying all managers/leaders some hours during holidays should be factored in when completing funding consultation

We "broke up" on Friday, however I have with my two fab. deputies and my Mum and Dad been in Mon, Tue and Wed this week from 9 until about 5 where we have completely emptied our indoor and outdoor storage, sorted, tidied and steam cleaned all our kit (that we hadn't managed to steam after final uses during the last week of term) ready for September. Tidied the allotment and disposed of our rubbish.

Thankfully my deputies and Mum and Dad all volunteered their services as there is no way that the budget would stretch to paying everyone for all of this with current funding rates - I provided teas, coffees, danish, pizza and today a fish and chip lunch to sustain the troops as a thank you.

We have yet to tackle the shredding mountain of records that have reached their retention limits but that will be a job in early September.

All this before I begin the paperwork list !!!!

I reckon that this adds about one full working week of say 35 to 40 hours to costs insofar as that blooming consultation is concerned xD

• Like 4

Oh Sue J that actually sounds lovely! Is'nt it nice when folk rally together - your M & D too! : )

Wish those jobs had been first on MY To Do now..........only I had - pack bags and off to lay in the sun! ha ha! As did 4/5 staff members - so we have it all to come back to! I pay 2 staff 2 days and 2 staff 1 day. If all intogether they waste too much time swooping holidays stories!!! Really cant afford too...but its got to be done....... and its going on my consultation thing- when I get off my sunbed..... : )

• Like 4

Well today I have two big (I mean BIG) boxes on the floor in front of me-

One full, one empty - one 'in' box, one 'out' box.

The full box is all preschool paperwork stuff to be sorted and dealt with.

My plan for the day is to end the day with 'one out box' only - ready to take back to hall tomorrow.

The other box will be used to sort my wardrobe tomorrow, then taken to charity shop :1b

...............like that's really going to happen. xDxD :lol: xD

Yes we paid staff to come in , I think it's gives a realistic view of what has to be done and why should I be the only who does it and spend my holiday doing it.

We have very little to do now .

I spent yesterday washing and even posted the photos on our FB page so parents realised ' ooh you have 6 weeks off ' how wrong they are.

• Like 4

Nearly there now young froglet! xD

Lot's of great work has been going on then - sadly none of it here :blink: will make some sort of better effort today :D

I made it, am still upright (just)! My poor little ones - 8 weeks was just too long for them. I started the day with 2 in tears, multiple incidents of tears during the day and lots of hugs and I ended the day with 2 more in tears - and one of them was me!!

Have just ordered take out and will spend the weekend resting and rediscovering my house before producing an epic to do list on Monday!

• Like 3