Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Our own 'makes'

Cait

56 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Our nearest is 2.5 hours away!😢 Only ever been to IKEA once in my life, good job I don’t live nearer as I loved it!

Trust me you are lucky!  

Yes, it does have some good bits - however I cannot seem to get out without spending a minimum  of £126.37p !!!    AND try making sense of the receipt when you get home and try an sort the work stuff out!   I'm sure it randomly changes the order that you put stuff through the check-out.😬

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, zigzag said:

Our nearest is 2.5 hours away!😢 Only ever been to IKEA once in my life, good job I don’t live nearer as I loved it!

Yep, although we’ve moved a bit nearer since that only visit, it remains the only time I’ve been.   Our nearest is the far side of Leeds, well over an hour and a half away.   

I am undertaking a sewing project atm - they are called Podlettes - foldable pods for storing things like nail varnish etc.   my friend tells me they are really easy - I am half way through the first one, will begin the sewing tomorrow!    My top stitching is not clever though, so we shall see - if any good I'll post a photo, if not I'll still post one for a laugh 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Seriously, I don't know why I do it to myself its like Year 8 Needlwork all over again🤣  except there's nobody to send me out of the class for chatting.

Went ok until the top thread snapped when I was doing the top stitching - will try harder.

IMG_5349.JPG

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Panders said:

Seriously, I don't know why I do it to myself its like Year 8 Needlwork all over again🤣  except there's nobody to send me out of the class for chatting.

Went ok until the top thread snapped when I was doing the top stitching - will try harder.

IMG_5349.JPG

Well I think your effort it very good! !!!

(now I want to make some 😁

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cait said:

these are great fun for little scraps and odd zips too.  I’ve made loads of these - ideal for a face mask and dog poo bags and treats attached to leads. 

I like making those, and also the little pyramid ones.  I sometimes make them as a de-stressing chill out  activity for myself- I then donate them to the local care home for the their C/summer fairs.  

I've still haven't tried out Panda's one - as I can't find where I've put my stash of iron on interfacing and I REFUSE to by more as I have loads!  Once half the preschool contents (might be a slight exaggeration- but it feels like half!!)  leaves my house again next week I hope to return to some sort on normality.🙂

• Confused 1

• 3 months later...

I’d completely missed all those bags - they were gorgeous! 

well, I have managed to stay awake all day for the first time in ages and have started a winter window display and made a Christmas gnome (which wasn’t actually on the crafty TDL but I couldn’t resist!)

413C5C7F-0587-47C7-80EC-0182A13C9BBB.jpeg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

The blue thing is something to do with knitting, I think for when you do multi colour work -you wrap wool, as for the yellow thing- I do know but I've forgotten ... however I'm happy to confirm/deny it's use when someone else suggests it!  (can you tell I'm a bit brain-fried after the last two weeks  😂)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Panders said:

Tantalising Louby Loo!   I can see how the blue thingy would work given what you say.    Also had these two things - obviously I've worked out what the yellow thingy is for, however, most of my cotton reels do not fit as they are too tall.

The blue things- they are actually two that need cutting apart (like the airfix models circa 1967- they may still be the same for all I know 😂)

They are then used to thread ribbon through knitted item such as baby booties and matinee jackets - circa 1980s ... things do not have ribbons like that anymore. You wrap the ribbon through (threw?) the prong bit then use like a needle.

I have the feeling the yellow thing needs cutting apart too, my head is saying it's then used as embroidery templates.

Edited by louby loo
  • Like 1

I can see how the ribbon threader could work - I sewed a few gift bags before the season of goodwill to put presents in and they had ribbon drawstrings, I used a safety pin for those.   Yes they would come apart like an airfix model.    The yellow thingy taking those bits apart would be more difficult, it's fairly thick plastic, but probably could be done.   The last odd item in the bag was a plastic hexagon shape which I assumed was used as a template for quilting.

Thank you Louby Lou

12 hours ago, Panders said:

I can see how the ribbon threader could work - I sewed a few gift bags before the season of goodwill to put presents in and they had ribbon drawstrings, I used a safety pin for those.   Yes they would come apart like an airfix model.    The yellow thingy taking those bits apart would be more difficult, it's fairly thick plastic, but probably could be done.   The last odd item in the bag was a plastic hexagon shape which I assumed was used as a template for quilting.

Thank you Louby Lou

Yes the yellow thing is bugging me! I feel like it's some kind of Celtic embroidery stencil, I want to say for sort of 'tufty' type work (not sure how to explain that.

May I crop the picture and put it on one of my sewing groups pages?