Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted today

Our long awaited inspection today what a relief we have big smiles on our faces. During our feedback she told us what we did well complimented us on our audit/action plan that we use instead of a sef and made us feel proud. When she delivered our outcome my colleague cried we have worked very hard to upgrade our outcome so happy.

She loved our learning journeys our tiny outside space and our relationship with parents all of which our LA advisor thought we needed to work on .

Hot on our work with funded 2yr olds resources and changes needed to our practice for this. Supervisions looked at everyone's, and how we understood and showed a child's progression monitoring of ect. Looked at behaviour plans and how we handled this and followed our procedures.

A couple of recommendation's some staff do more supervision than play and don't use enough open-ended questions some staff did this really well. So discussed peer obs, training , supervision recap on ECAT training for future plans. (We think its our newest and youngest staff.from the description of the activities they did)

Coffee and chocolate demolished think I may start on a bag of crisps no wonder I am fat I eat when stressed and when I'm happy.

Sue xx

Coffee and chocolate demolished think I may start on a bag of crisps no wonder I am fat I eat when stressed and when I'm happy.

Sue xx

With you on that too Sue :D when I'm sad, when I'm happy, even when I'm full, I can still find room for chocolate and crisps!!

Congratulations on your Ofsted, sounds like it wasn't as stressful as you were thinking?

How long had you been waiting?

thanks all good team effort plus she was a brill early years inspector new her stuff so understood the ethos of a small preschool. The best inspection experience in over 20yrs this includes the ones before Ofsted our last one was a disaster and demoralising and was ages ago in 2009.

I genuinely believe it hinges on the early years experience of the inspector hope everyone gets this one, not selling ourselves short we have worked steadily to improve our practice that is how it should be.

still happy

Sue x

:D

Guest sn0wdr0p

Well done. It sounds like it was a really positive experience. I was really interested to find you did not do a SEF as this is something I have stopped doing - after a lot of problems with the Government Gateway passwords. During my inspection in December I showed her our five year review and plans for the future and she was more than happy with it.

Hi Snowdrop

We have used the same format but updated to reflect any changes in legislation eyfs ect I think since 2005 it was one if the things the inspector liked in 2009 and again this time.We review annually and ours also has forward plans for 5yrs she could see this as we have a file with them in she could see in real terms our pattern of progress as a setting . I found that a sef was a bit repetitive and grew in terror proportion in my head so didn't change to this. Our LA advisor has always said even though a sef is not a requirement Ofsted really like them and we felt deflated after these discussions, perhaps its a bit of a myth what Ofsted want or like perpetuated by a tick box drive to be all the same.

Hi Snowdrop

Our LA advisor has always said even though a sef is not a requirement Ofsted really like them and we felt deflated after these discussions, perhaps its a bit of a myth what Ofsted want or like perpetuated by a tick box drive to be all the same.

I agree with that last statement, it makes their job easier if we all use what county Ofsted produce - but as with planning it doesn't necessarily suit every setting

I always like to use their info but in my own style!