Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Lovely 'O'

Cait

I know that many of you know that we had our 'knock on the door' this week; but I just want to say (as I know she lurks on here) what a lovely inspector we had. It was really nice to just sit with a cuppa and talk about the Preschool in a relaxed and informal way, having a bit of a laugh and just generally talking about how things were going. To be able to express my feelings about 'my baby' with another professional who really understood what I was saying was brilliant. I felt that she really listened and concentrated on what was important - which of course is what it feels like for the children we care for, how they progress and what the families think of us. She didn't 'nit-pick', didn't look for faults or things to criticise, she was just really lovely, and I wish/hope that everyone's experience can be as positive as ours.

Thank you

• Like 13

we had a similar experience with our inspection in November, I even had a call back from her to make sure that I was happy with how it had gone. If this a sign of inspections to come, I will not be worrying about it ever again. I smiled and felt positive the whole time she was with us and her remarks and feedback were so supportive I didn't want the day to be over!

Guest sn0wdr0p

We were inspected today and the inspector was super. She gave some super feedback and some great ideas for improvements. Very friendly and approachable. I was super stressed (I had been heading into town for what was only my second day of Christmas shopping when staff phoned me) more so when a staff member backed the setting minibus into my car in our car park. At least it wasn't the Ofsted inspectors car! At least it wasn't yesterday when I had a hospital appointment or Friday when I have another so it could have been worse timing.

Very happy with the result. Lord knows when I will get my shopping done now though as there is no other day I can go.

Guest sn0wdr0p

Oh no things are even worse. My FSF homepage went all funny this morning and the icons are all over the place. Just had time to reboot and it's no better. Everything is sat at the left of the screen. Doing a virus scan now.

I know I will laugh about this all in a few years but gosh what a day. I need a new bumper and wing for the car. Can't really claim on the insurance as I am the setting owner and the minibus is insured in my name as is my car. Hey ho. That's life. Cue hysterical laughter.

Guest sn0wdr0p

Internet Explorer. I don't know how to do a screenshot. Will ask hubby when he gets home. Same problem at work as well as on my laptop here at home.

So much happier today. Over the inspection visit now and looking forward to Christmas.

FSF - screenshot IE8.doc

Steve,

I'm getting this at school (IE8). The drop down menus have disappeared but you can still click on the links to forums etc.

Sorry, I know this isn't the most useful way to do it - I just can't remember how!

I'm not getting it at home (IE9) Have other problems (of a computer related variety!) there but I'm pretty sure those aren't specific to FSF!