Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Gloop

Hi,

Hope somebody can help, I am looking for ideas for a gloop activity that I want to do for ' people who help us' theme. I would really appreciate ideas on what I could put in the gloop tray.

Thanks in advance

Together

Just to let everyone know that we made and played with the basil seed gloop today and it was amazing. It has a brilliant texture and is wonderfully stretchy and slimy but leaves hands clean so is ideal for those children who resist 'messy' activities

Well it was supposed to be purple Cait but came out a very subtle lilac but the children didn't seem to mind. I used powder colour which is very strong in playdough but was tempered down by the cornflour I guess. How long did you keep it for?

Well it was supposed to be purple Cait but came out a very subtle lilac but the children didn't seem to mind. I used powder colour which is very strong in playdough but was tempered down by the cornflour I guess. How long did you keep it for?

They all took a bit home, so just the one morning!

• Like 1

(photo removed by Steve - apparently it infringes copyright. You can view the original image here)

Measure 1/4 cup of basil seeds into a bowl and add one full 16oz box of cornflour. Mix them together (kid hands are really good at this part). Add food colouring (if desired) to 2.5 cups of water. Add the water to your cornstarch and seed mixture and stir well. I find that it's easiest to do this part with my hands. You will ultimately end up kneading the slime like bread dough as over the span of 5 minutes, the seeds will begin to absorb the water and it will begin to thicken the mixture. If you find any clumps of seeds while kneading, break them up with your fingers. Once the slime is completely uniform feeling - you're good to go!

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)