Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

leaving certificates

I am planning to give each child who is leaving a certificate and I would like to add "awarded for" and then some personal comment, e.g. always being kind. But I 'm running out of ideas. has anybody done this and can give me some more ideas that I can adapt to my particular chlldren? Thanks

Well apart from looking up the word "kind" in the thesaurus so that you get different words for the same meaning if nothing immediately springs to mind about a child when you think of them, I fear this isn't really worth doing, why not just have the certificate saying they attended .............. for ...............months/years and had tremendous fun and they will be very much missed by all the staff.

• Like 1

helpful, caring, problem-solver, good at persevering, friendly, good at looking after younger children, best constructor, super painter etc etc!

Or use their particular talents/gifts - one of mine is very knowledgeable about dinosaurs and a good source of information for his peers; if they want to know about dinosaurs, they ask Max.

x

ours show the child's name and date of attendance and the reason that the child has been awarded the certificate which is 'for being a good friend and helping the grown ups to play'. we write personal memories from each member of staff in the home/school diaries at the end of term

Edited by max321

Ours are all identical (apart form the names of course) and say they are a certificate of graduation from XXXXXXXXXXX pre-school. Then they say "your learning journey has only just begun but you are already a star!" We choose not to say "given for xxxxxxx" and individualise it because in my experience with adults they read things into what is written and compare their child's to the next....so I keep them uniform to avoid comparisons by the grown ups.

I added a poem Inge had posted on the back of ours and this year and last we created medals for each child - very simple - wooden discs ( could not get any stars this year) edged with gold glitter glue and childs name on one side and the nam eo fpreschool and date on the other - children and parents loved them .

We also gave all the children leaving a watering can as they loved watering the garden this year -well received too

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)