Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cloud Dough

I expect a lot of you know this recipe, but I made it today for the first time and the children loved it. Its called cloud dough and the recipe is from the Imagination tree website, its more like silky mouldable sand.

Mix seven cups of any flour with one cup of baby oil and thats it!!! I gave the children heart shape silicone bun cases and birthday candles and it kept them at the tray for a really long time. Plus the room smelled lovely because of the baby oil. (remember any allergies)

I expect a lot of you know this recipe, but I made it today for the first time and the children loved it. Its called cloud dough and the recipe is from the Imagination tree website, its more like silky mouldable sand.

Mix seven cups of any flour with one cup of baby oil and thats it!!! I gave the children heart shape silicone bun cases and birthday candles and it kept them at the tray for a really long time. Plus the room smelled lovely because of the baby oil. (remember any allergies)

I s this a "one off" play activity, or does it store well to use again during the same week?

Guest pamgreen

I passesd this idea to another member last week, we made it on Monday it is amazing, it is actually just like moon sand it is utterly brilliant the children have had such fun so have the staff. We have has such problems with our playdough going sticky, we have used the non cook dough recipe from this site and it is als excellent.

Can wait to try it Thanks I love new ideas that are so simple!!! and Cheap!

i made some today ....even my 10 year old enjoyed it lol.....one question....has anyone made this and managed to colour it? it says on the website that because the oil and water based food colour dont mix that its not easy to do xx I put glitter in mine ...i really like the texture...its so different to the stretchy texture of normal play dough x

It is lovely stuff but a warning - it's not great if it gets water in it. I had some as part of a small world set up which got left outside with a tarpaulin over the top. Unfortunately it rained and the tarpaulin leaked - weird gluey stuff was the result! Mine wasn't quite as sandy looking as in the pictures - more a pale powdery fudge!

Did it and had fantastically zingy yellow stuff...........................not sure if I made it properly as i just guesstimated the quantities, but it smells lovely and was very silky............sticks like a devil to the carpet and shoes though and it was going well until one of the children did a HUGE snotty sneeze into it!!!!So, it's gone, but I will try again LOL

We made it today too and I added intense food colouring powder to the baby oil and it made lovely orange mixture. It was fab but need to make double the quantity as everyone wanted a go. I put it in an airtight tub so hopefully can use next week

is baby oil ok for nut allergy children? I seem to remember its actually made from a mineral oil and not a vegetable oil but havent been shopping yet to get any so havent been able to read the back of the label...so long as its ok for that I am definitely going to give this a whirl next week after half term is finished!

is baby oil ok for nut allergy children? I seem to remember its actually made from a mineral oil and not a vegetable oil but havent been shopping yet to get any so havent been able to read the back of the label...so long as its ok for that I am definitely going to give this a whirl next week after half term is finished!

I should think baby oil as such would be ok for anyone with nut allergy, but I think I'd check specifically as if one's allergic to 1 thing, the chances are one's allergic to other things... Someone said you can use vegetable oil though, & both of my people with nut allergy are ok with sunflower oil.

according to info on the web Johnsons baby oil is mineral based BUT a lot of more expensive baby oils are almond oil based ...so i guess check the back of the packet is the way to go!

Sainsburys Little ones baby oil is liquid paraffin & perfume. Guess we'd best not buy the expensive stuff for cloud dough!

thats what mine was like,Hoglet.....................sort of like damp sand?

I thought it looked like crumble mix! I did add a little extra oil until it could be moulded and bound together

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)