Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cloud Dough

Has anyone tried it yet with rice flour or cornflour? One of my little ones is allergic to wheat (so we use rice flour & cornflour for playdough as suggested on here & it makes the best playdough ever).

We made it today with rice flour and it was great! The kids really enjoyed it. I put it in the water tray as the tray was dry from half term and I wanted somewhere they could work with it but not too much off it go on the floor as happens when we've used moon sand...

So I made some yesterday - used Rose coloured powdered colouring but the adults said it looked like cat sick...... Anyway made some more with blue colouring today. It had basically all vanished after 3 hours and 14 children so I had to make some more for today

Yes ours got a little messy, and I was surprised that not more children had a go, however those that did managed to get a significant amount on the floor, tread in it and transport it round the setting- which was o.k, carpet bit of a nightmare, but we looked at the footprints made etc. so good for that at least, however, out in the loos it was a different story - it came off of shoes onto the floor, mixed up with some water that had been "spilt" for want of a better word and left a very slippery sheen once we had moped up! So it was a down on our hands and knees job to clean up.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)