Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Planned The Day Off Until......

I arrived at the setting and Mrs O was waiting for me!

I was just popping in to make sure everything was ship shape and planned to take the day off and meet a friend (someone I havent seen for 12 years) however I quickly changed my plans and was Ofsteded instead!

I had a lovely inspector who spent half a day in the room and half a day in the office with me, she went through everything and I mean every file we have and my office looked like a bomb site when she left!

The relief is unbelievable - I havent had a day off for two years because I have been waiting for them to arrive and I can now have a day off!

My inspector was lovely, and the whole experience was a good one, it will obviously be two weeks before I can spill the beans but it was a brilliant day and I feel so pleased with my whole team the hard work has paid off :oxD:( :(

I arrived at the setting and Mrs O was waiting for me!

I was just popping in to make sure everything was ship shape and planned to take the day off and meet a friend (someone I havent seen for 12 years) however I quickly changed my plans and was Ofsteded instead!

I had a lovely inspector who spent half a day in the room and half a day in the office with me, she went through everything and I mean every file we have and my office looked like a bomb site when she left!

The relief is unbelievable - I havent had a day off for two years because I have been waiting for them to arrive and I can now have a day off!

My inspector was lovely, and the whole experience was a good one, it will obviously be two weeks before I can spill the beans but it was a brilliant day and I feel so pleased with my whole team the hard work has paid off xD:( :( :(

Yay! Well done you, now go and rearrange that day off!! I did that after ours last year, had a lovely day off after my inspection until the inspector decided to call me as she was typing up the report and couldn't remember some information!!!!!! Right in the middle of my lunch out with friends as well it was! Can't wait to hear the result, and hope some of your more tricky staff are sucking eggs right now because you have proved you are doing well :o

FABULOUS NEWS SHIREL. ENJOY THE PEACE FOR A MOMENT, REVEL IN THE KNOWLEDGE THAT IT IS DONE NOW. RELAX IN THE WARM FEELING WASHING OVER YOU.

I am sure congratulations will be in order in a couple of weeks' time, you have all worked so hard to achieve this for your setting and as an especially tough time for you has been going on for a few months now, I hope the future looks bright.

Definitely have a day off - if only to revel in the strange feeling of not waiting for the phone to ring with someone from the setting telling you Ofsted have arrived! Today I went on the first course in two and a half years where I didn't have my phone out all the time just waiting for that call, although what I would ever have been able to do from far flung places I don't know!

That's fantastic news, Shirel - well done to you and your team for all your hard work!

I do believe you are fairly local to me? Perhaps you can send the nice inspector down our way please?

Thank you very much everyone and a really big THANK YOU for all the support, all the listening, all the words of wisdom - without this forum to constantly call on over the last 5 or 6 years I would not of been able to keep going....I have had three inspections as manager and two of them have been in the last 6 years - both with the support of the foundation stage forum and both resulted in celebratory judgements....THANK YOU

I feel a renewed enthusiasm for the job I love......(please dont requote this at me in a couple of months when I am moaning about something!) I realise I am high on the Ofsted relief at the moment ... :(xD:o:(

Well done......a fre weeks off sounds good to me....lol again Congratulations XXXX we are awaiting our inspection any time............yikes......!!!!! Loraine

WOW - record time the report is out already - less than a week after inspection.. we got a lovely report with an overall OUTSTANDING!!

I have told staff tonight at a meeting....so pleased.. :oxD:( :(

well done !

but isnt it sad that ofsted have such a hold over us regarding taking any time off, we've just moved to new premises, we took 2 weeks over half term to move, which i worked all of and longer days than normal, chair keeps telling me take take some time off but when is this meant to happen with ofsted due in the next 6 months :o