Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Walkie-talkies

Hi - I would like to buy walkie-talkies for adult use........to keep outdoors 'in touch' with indoors....

Wondered if anyone could make a recommendation - I have absolutely no idea what to buy xD

Make and source would be great!

Do you mean just for use in the garden/house sunnyday? You do know that walkie talkies have a pretty limited range don't you? Although technically they're good for a mile or so, in any built up areas they don't go anywhere near that far.

we used to have a landline phone with 2 handsets we used as intercoms.. worked really well - and meant we could answer the phone outside too..

Thanks Inge - we don't have a landline - we could, of course, just use our mobiles.......but that opens a whole new 'can of worms'! :o

We have some Binatone Walkie Talkies which we use on caravan holidays and when my girls are playing outside.

They have been really robust and reliable with good battery lives. The ones we've got are a bit out of date but these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Binatone-Latitude-...8445&sr=1-1

look like a more up to date equivalent.

I think they are similar to ours, we got ours from Argos and they have a surprising range! We took one up to the top of our garden when we first got them so I could find out the range and we could hear some fishermen chatting to each other in the Solway!!! I think it was them with the strong signal - but it makes you very much aware that other people can 'listen in' as they are an insecure radio wave.

Hi Sunny, those binatone ones are what we got. They work fine for us at a bit of a distance.

Although they are for adult use the children love to use them too.

They are cheap enough not to worry about them being bundled in when we pack away.

Hi everyone,

I just thought I would add that we also use Binatone, to ensure that we have a link between staff indoors and outdoors and they are brilliant.

Just one downside, we are a pack away setting, so we have to remember to charge them up every morning, before we use them!! its the remembering that is the problem.!

Zoe

Hi - I would like to buy walkie-talkies for adult use........to keep outdoors 'in touch' with indoors....

Wondered if anyone could make a recommendation - I have absolutely no idea what to buy :(

Make and source would be great!

Thanks xD

We have just got walkie-talkies for adult use, two on a rechargeable base station by B.T work all round our setting , very pleased with the performance. :o

Hope this helps you.

Jayr

Your dinner's in the dog, over and out!

xD:( :(

order me a G+T i'll be there in a minute :(

Hey - do you know me! :unsure: :wacko:

D'you know I've just realised I think our pub is close enough! Go to bed children, we'll be on the walkie talkies if you need us!

Disgraceful behaviour! :oxD

Wow! What fun we have had this morning with the Walkie-talkies! One of my better ideas! :rolleyes: Thanks everyone for your help!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)