Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

5ooo Posts

Rea

This is it., my 5000th post. JacquieL alerted me that my next post, this one, would be such a milestone. I joked that it had better be profound, interesting and thought provoking and then decided to try something along those lines. Forgive me if it isn't, I didn't say I'd be able to do it, just joked it.

I have been a member of the FSF for 6 years in May. When I joined I had recently become play leader of the loveliest playgroup. Staff were ok although not exactly a team, and we had a good healthy waiting list. This forum and all the wonderful people on it came to my aid over and over, as they continue to do for everyone who asks a question, pleads for help or merely wants to come in to throw things around and scream.

I have found out more about the early years through being a member here, even if it wasnt relevent to me, than through any course, day event or 'advisor'. I have been relieved that I'm not alone in my insecurities, although I bet I've got the most, and I've celebrated peoples achievements as if they were my own, well its sometimes the only way to have them.

These days as the Chair (a self appointed capital C) of the committee I find I have more questions, I discover almost daily that there are things I don't know, forms that should be filled in and regulations I have to adhere to. But I don't let the fear grip me. I know that my finger tips are only a mere dance across the keyboard from such a wealth of information that nothing Ofsted, the Charity commission, the Tax department, the accountant, the early years advisors, the parents or even the staff can fling at me will cause pain or even a wobble.

Thanks guys. Youre great xxx

Now, can just ask...?

Edited by Rea

Erm... why does it stil say 4999? Steve? Anyone?

I think it's because you are 'in the lounge'! :o

Congrats anyway and I'm sure I won't be the only person to say a huge thank you to you too - I always enjoy your posts and you have such a wealth of knowledge to share........

wow 5000! thats great, like you say I also have learnt more from here than any other source and ive only been a member for a few months!

long may you continue posting and heres to post number 10000!!

Erm... why does it stil say 4999? Steve? Anyone?

It might have taken you six years but you've finally broken the Forum Rea. Many congratulations on your milestone post - you always manage to make me laugh, or think more deeply about something. Thank you for your company, and all the times you made me laugh out loud.

Maz

Aaah, bless! Congratulations on making your 5000th post - even if it is uncounted! You've made me laugh again and taught me something new, too. I didn't know Posts in the Lounge didn't count :o

Nona

aaaw what a lovely post...you have been there for me over the past 4 years....and I thank you for that...congratulations on being a fabulous forum poster! :oxD

congratulations Rea :o 50000 posts!!!!!!!!!!!! a big thank you for being there for all of us. i don't know what i'd do if i didn't have this wonderful font of knowledge to be a part of. keep up the words of wisdom xD

Hi Rea

Congratulations on your 5000th post!!!

I agree wholeheartedly with you as I have discovered more on the forum than anywhere else and I too find comfort in knowing I am not alone.

And what a pleasure its been sharing your years on the forum and your 5000 posts Rea! Congrats on reaching your milestone, you have often asked the questions that were on the tip of my tongue, shared such good advice and given me a good laugh along the way. :o

You're all very kind. But, to those who said I've made you laugh...I dont know how. I read some old posts a while back while looking for something, and noticed a distinct lack of 'laugh'. I had become stuffy. They reminded me of my old head mistress in the juniors, lovely lady but very tweedy with brogues and a bun.

Thanks to Steve for changing the posting, that was a new one on me too!

Sue, anytime you're finished with the stuff you're doing to make you cleverer, we'll have a meet up and chat. :o