Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The Biggest Fsf Quiz Ever..2

mundia

What a surprise xD I am going to give my badge to my son, he helped me to count the 2p's, although 10 yrs old he is only just grasping the concept of money, so when I tell him 'we' won he will be thrilled, and I am sure he will love to wear his badge to school. :( (I'll put a note in his home/school book with the FSF address for his teachers) :o

By the way, my foster son spent the rest of the day filling various objects with 2p's asking everyone to 'guess' the total. :(

Peggy

If he wants another real life experience he can come and estimate how much is in my bank account - it won't take long as theres not much there! :(

Well done to everyone who took part in the quiz, even if you didn't manage to answer any of the questions. Some of them were pretty tough this year! Unfortunately mundia is having problems with her connection in the evenings so it falls to me to announce the winners and prizes.

I did a quick tally up (which may be slightly wrong but is pretty close!)

Well done to Marion, Sue, Susan, korkycat, hali, teahead, Rosina, Steve, glmaidment, JacquieL, Peggy and Susan who all answered between 1-4 questions right. mundia scored an own goal with 2 of the questions as well. :(

Next comes Hammered, beth1 and Lorna with between 5 and 10 correct answers.

6th place was dublinbay

5th place was MrsWeasley

4th place was Geraldine

3rd place was HappyMaz

2nd place was Inge

This years winner was aliamch! xD

The prizes awarded over the evening are as follows:

For her help before and during the quiz itself, keeping things going when mundia wasn't able to, Nichola gets a years subscription to the forum, a mug and a badge.

For answering the most questions including some of the really tricky ones aliamch also gets a years subscription to the forum, a mug and a badge.

Bad luck to Inge for getting pipped to the post for first place - it was very close! You win a mug and a badge for your contribution over the weekend. :(

Also winning a mug and a badge are Geraldine and dublinbay. Geraldine won her badge for perseverance and was voted as the deserving winner of Susans mug by the chat crew - well done. dublinbay won a badge for pming mundia and the mug from answering Jacquies question - congratulations to you too.

Wolfie was the proud winner of the mug after guessing the closest to Maz's Ikea shopping spree and Lorna also gets a mug for answering a tricky question.

Peggy won the badge for the mug of 2ps! Since everyone else who had a guess already had a prize she chose a most deserving winner - I hope he wears it with pride. :o

Other people winning badges during the evening for a variety of questions were Hammered, teahead, beth1, hali and Rosina.

Mrs Weasley spent an incredibly long time in chat on Friday evening and is awarded a badge, as this must be a record for the forum!

Finally korkykat was the newest forum member to answer a question correctly and gets a badge for joining in.

Once again, many thanks to all of you who joined in in some way over the weekend. Please don't forget to make your donations to Children in Need! :(

It's great to see so many people taking part in the quiz. Everyone comes together to make it such a fun event!

Well done to those who won a prize and thanks again for mine, I shall look forward to them arriving!

Well done to those who won a prize and thanks again for mine, I shall look forward to them arriving!

I'm surprised its not with you already, Nichola: Sue is fearsomely organised! :o

Wow! A FSF badge! Thank you so much. I really enjoyed the quiz though I struggled to find answers - I never can remember where I see things. This is such a great forum - I recommend it to all the parctioners I meet!

Thanks korkycat

:oxD:(:(:( :wacko: xD :rolleyes: :unsure: ;)

THANK YOU to everyone involved in the quiz.

I came home tonight to find a parcel :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

It's a MUG ..for me... A MUG...yes a real FSF geunine 100% MUG

I am ecstatic and my coffee has never tasted so good :ph34r: I got so excited and then saw THE BADGE hiding in the mug -oooohhhhhh it's almost too much to cope with :ph34r:

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY

(and in case anyone thinks I have lost the plot I have been longing for a mug for I don't know how long!!)

Edited by Geraldine

SO glad you like the mug Geraldine!

Im afraid I still having connection troubles so I hope I get to the end of this. Thanks peggy and beau for sorting out the PMs and list of prizewinners etc.

So glad the quiz went down well, I think the social side of the forum is really important so thanks to everyone for entering into the spirit!

I want a mug :( can't we do another easier quiz.

How about the answers to jokes?

Whats balack and white and red (read) all over?

A newspaper :oxD:(

Now you have to start filling it with coins ready for next year :wacko: :ph34r: We've done 2ps so what next...?

:oxD Fill my precious, precious mug with coins?!! :(:(:(

What a suggestion :unsure: ;)

It has been lovingly washed and has it's own very special place in the kitchen - FAR too good to live in the cupboard with other mugs xD :rolleyes: I even dried it with kitchen roll, no tea towel used for other crockery was good enough :ph34r::ph34r: (even though it was clean out of the drawer tonight!)

However, I do have a wicker basket thing ( a big one) and we chuck loose change in there so you can guess how much will be in it by next Children in need!! It is now about a quarter full and only contains 5p, 2p and 1p coins and there is somewhere between £40-£100.

:oxD:(:(:( :wacko: xD :rolleyes: :unsure: ;)

THANK YOU to everyone involved in the quiz.

I came home tonight to find a parcel :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

It's a MUG ..for me... A MUG...yes a real FSF geunine 100% MUG

I am ecstatic and my coffee has never tasted so good :ph34r: I got so excited and then saw THE BADGE hiding in the mug -oooohhhhhh it's almost too much to cope with :ph34r:

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY

(and in case anyone thinks I have lost the plot I have been longing for a mug for I don't know how long!!)

Can we assume you like the mug then Geraldine!! :ph34r:

Goodness knows what you'd be like if you'd won the t-shirt!!!!!! :ph34r:

Good for you and well done. :ph34r:

o0o0 I look forward to mine arriving! It will be my photo for the day (I've been doing a photo a day project every day since March 19th 2007!).

Oh my tattybogle! I've never understood that joke.. and now I get it :o

I'm afraid this runs in the family. I was 34 before I got the joke in "Ernie - the fastest milkman in the west".

It goes "he said you're wantin' pasturised 'cos pasturised is best - she said Ernie I'll be 'appy if it comes up to me chest."

Geddit? They don't write them like that any more do they? xD

I was 34 before I got the joke in "Ernie - the fastest milkman in the west".

It goes "he said you're wantin' pasturised 'cos pasturised is best - she said Ernie I'll be 'appy if it comes up to me chest."

Ooh, don't mention that song! As the youngest of five, I am STILL teased by my older brothers and sisters about the fact that they had to turn the radio off during that song, at the request of Mum and Dad, because I got too frightened at the mention of those ghostly milk bottles "a-rattlin' in their crate"! :o

Edited by Wolfie

I'm afraid this runs in the family. I was 34 before I got the joke in "Ernie - the fastest milkman in the west".

Geddit? They don't write them like that any more do they? :(

Ive just got it too!!!! :o

P xD ast your eyes!!! :(

Ooh, don't mention that song! As the youngest of five, I am STILL teased by my older brothers and sisters about the fact that they had to turn the radio off during that song, at the request of Mum and Dad, because I got too frightened at the mention of those ghostly milk bottles "a-rattlin' in their crate"! :o

.... they won't forget Hernie! xD

I think this is dating all of us isn't it - but I used to love that song - when it first came out...

Tattybogle, I reckon you deserve one last try for a mug. This question is for you only:

What was the name of Ernie's horse?

Answer back before midnight please and no hints from anyone!

Can we assume you like the mug then Geraldine!! :rolleyes:

Goodness knows what you'd be like if you'd won the t-shirt!!!!!! ;)

Good for you and well done. :unsure:

:oxD:(:( WHAT!!!!! how did I miss the fact that T.shirts are in existence! :( :wacko: xD

I think we ought to start a T shirt quiz NOW :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I am busy looking at unusual/different wedding dresses and an FSF Tshirt could just fit the bill :ph34r::ph34r:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)