Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The Biggest Fsf Quiz Ever..2

mundia

Inge - I have no idea if that is correct or not but I'm sure Nichola or mundia will be along soon to let us know!

We still need answers to Q130 Who are the moderators and what do they actually do?

Also more guesses about the amount in 2ps in Jacquies mug! The closest will get a Fsf badge so it's worth having a go. :o

Well done to Wolfie for getting closest to Maz's Ikea shop - the actual amount was £117.26 and Wolfie guessed £119.27.

Oooh, did I win?? Was there a prize on offer for that competition??? :o

121 was that this thread where Shiny put in a correct link so save us all getting a picture of a man (presumably) named MacDonald demonstrated the Alexander technique when using web address put in by Susan.

Inge

Nope, sorry that's not the right answer!

121. Who saved Old Macdonald from the ministry?

This was the Farmer Drama! The children helped save Old Macdonald from the ravages of the ministry! Read all about it here!

Maz

Edited by HappyMaz

Im really sorry I missed the end of the quiz, I having terrible trouble with my connection.

Did we ever find out how many 2p went into that cup Jacquie?

I don't think you answered what we mods actually do...you're way too polite!!

So time for thanks and speeches!

First thanks to all of you who donated to Children in need, I do hope it was lots!

Then, thanks to people who sent in questions, and I would especially like to thank Nichola for taking over at the last minute, and Beau for sorting out the questions and answers for everyone (and writing quite a few too). Im merely the front of house person on this occasion, far more went on behind the scenes that wasnt done by me..so thanks to the unsung peeps there.

Then to FSF management, for letting us do these crazy things from time to time.

Finally to all of you that took part, these events can't happen without you, and I hope you had as much fun as I did. We really apprecaite your getting involved.

Out of interest, Maz, it was me that set the question about IslaDewar!!!

Now about prizes, Im getting my adjudicator to see who got promised what and so we'll be in touch with you shorlty, just bear with this very old bear wont you?

And finally, who is taking over next year...?

Out of interest, Maz, it was me that set the question about IslaDewar!!!

Well why am I not surprised, mundia: that's probably why it took the combined efforts of JacquieL and me to answer it!

But the biggest thanks must go to you for making sure it all happened (with the aid of your glamorous assistants) and keeping us all on track. You're a superstar!

Maz

Edited by HappyMaz

Well done mundia - as usual you have done us proud! And a huge thanks to Nichola too!

What do moderators do? According to Inge I am the only one that does any actual work around here - the rest of you had better pull your socks up. :oxD (Actually I just drink a lot of coffee and wine but don't tell anyone!)

Well done mundia - as usual you have done us proud! And a huge thanks to Nichola too!

What do moderators do? According to Inge I am the only one that does any actual work around here - the rest of you had better pull your socks up.

Ouch Inge! Actually you're right, Beau is the forum tidier upper, don't dare leave your dirty mug in the chat room, she'll whizz it away before you can say FSF

Just like to add my thanks to you all ....Mundia, Beau and Nichola...for a fab weekend. I couldn't participate as much as I wanted because I'm drowning in paper doing 2 assignments for FD.

A lot of hard work went into this quiz and I hope lots of money was raised by us all.

Consider yourselves well and truly patted on backs!!! :o

Aww thanks guys. Mundia did most of the hard work, I just strode in as a less glamourous assisstant at times!

Been fun, although I did at times miss hunting for the answers plus missed my chance for a mug or badge! :o Ahh well!

Thanks Mundia and Beau and anyone else who wrote questions and thanks to those who took part! Great fun!

Nichola how could I have forgotten to tell you that we've awarded you a badge and a mug for your hard work, and also years free subscription. Hope that cheers you up!

We've also awarded Aliamch a years subs too for answering the most questions correctly! Well done Karrie.

Oh mundia and the FSF gang, thanks so much! You're very kind! It helped to keep me sane in these days and weeks and now months of being off work!

Ouch Inge! Actually you're right, Beau is the forum tidier upper, don't dare leave your dirty mug in the chat room, she'll whizz it away before you can say FSF

Its just that I am continually seeing a comment by Beau that something has been moved , You probably all do it but she is the one I always seem to find.. (and at the time I was supposed to be on my way out.... not on here!)

I know the rest of you do a lot of 'behind the scenes work' making sure we follow the 'rules' for posting etc.. just shows how good a job you are doing if no one notices it..

keep up the good work and thanks to all..

Inge

It was Peggy was the nearest to the question about 2p's in the mug. It took £3.66 to fill it.

What a surprise xD I am going to give my badge to my son, he helped me to count the 2p's, although 10 yrs old he is only just grasping the concept of money, so when I tell him 'we' won he will be thrilled, and I am sure he will love to wear his badge to school. :( (I'll put a note in his home/school book with the FSF address for his teachers) :o

By the way, my foster son spent the rest of the day filling various objects with 2p's asking everyone to 'guess' the total. :(

Peggy

Just remembered that I didn't post the final 10 questions and answers! So for those of you interested here they are:

121. Who saved Old Macdonald from the ministry? This was the Farmer Drama! The children helped save Old Macdonald from the ravages of the ministry! - HappyMaz

122. What member number is Nichola and when did she join? Nichola 1122 - dublinbay and she joined on 28th September 2003 - HappyMaz

123. Ruthanne said “This will make enough for an entire class!”, but what was she talking about? Chocolate delights! - HappyMaz

124. Peggy has told us about 2 concerts she has been to - who did she go to see? Stevie Wonder and the Reverend Al Green (with Gabrielle) - HappyMaz and Wet Wet Wet was that the other group? - Rosina

125. 6. Who passed their 1000 post milestone during this quiz weekend? Shiny and Nichola - dublinbay

126. What was the final question in the 2007 great big FSF quiz and what was the answer? Ok Q121. When will Steve get around to the upgrade? - beth1 And the upgrade happened on 20th November, I think - HappyMaz

127. I just can’t help myself, I have hidden q 127 but where and what is the answer? Its in mundia's profile: the answer's lunar gardening! - HappyMaz

128. What is the main focus of the article entitled “Good Intentions" Inclusion, equality & diversity - dublinbay

129. Isla Dewar wrote which book that member was reading way back in 2005. Who had been reading it? Secrets of a family album - read by ASPK. - HappyMaz

130 Who are the moderators and what do they actually do? (clean answers only please!) So to help us on our way: the moderators are:- Beau, JacquieL, Linda McDowell, mundia, Nichola Call, Peggy, Sue R, Susan

Who is going to open the bidding by suggesting what their roles might be? - HappyMaz. 'Big Brother' ......... they are watching you.....Beau always seems to be moving posts.. either mid thread .. (which makes some look a bit odd! ) or to the correct topic area.. for those of us who really cannot decide where to post. as for the others......over to you I may think of something later.. bit early for me yet! - Inge one moderator in particular likes organising charity events, especially where children are involved and needs very special thanks for her efforts this weekend. - Susan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)