Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Half-term week- but not Friday!

louby loo

What's everyone up to this week?  Working, not working, retired or anything!

It's Tuesday, and I've done nothing since last Wednesday !🙀    Other than watching TV that is.... I feel I have 'walked' our area out now, and everywhere is sooooo muddy- that walking takes real concentration to stay upright at all times!!  Unless I 'street walk', but then I might meet people and be expected to chat - and I've discovered I quite like being anti-social these days ( well there is only so much chit-chat you can do at the moment)

Not worked on any TLD list - I've decided they will all be done worked/on during working hours from now on.  I'm amazed to find I actually just made myself more work really 🙀🙀.

I have also discovered that much of it doesn't really matter if it get done in time or not! 🤣

• Like 3

Well done for getting the JAB 😁.   If they do it 'age-down' in the next lot I'm hoping to get mine soon.

Ohww, I'm babysitting tomorrow while my daughter is working too!     😁

I have an Asda deliver too.... but it's my birthday so it's full of surprises 🤣🤣🤣  We're fully embracing new lockdown birthday  treat ideas!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

well there is only so much chit-chat you can do at the moment)

Well I did too much social distanced chit chat on my walk home from the shop and got drenched 🌧 

yesterday was work catching up and a bit more cleaning 🧽 

Tomorrow work garden tidy (weather permitting).

pleased your getting your vaccine Panda, hope it doesn’t affect you much 👍

2 hours ago, Panders said:

I have three things in the diary this week 😱  not sure how I'll cope 🤪

1 and 2 tomorrow.   Babysitting while son and partner are working plus GET THE JAB !!!!

3 Click and Collect at Tesco

😂

Yay!

I am having my jab tomorrow too - what a coincidence - can't wait! Only downside is that it is at a MVS, not sure how I will cope with 'people' 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good to hear people are getting jabbed. I spent the day in school yesterday catching up with marking and having a good tidy up. Today I’ve been preparing our engagement/safeguarding trackers for the next half term and cooking - tomato soup, cheese scones and sausage rolls for lunch this week. Had a really long conversation with a friend this afternoon. Tonight I’m going to do a load of governor work and some more sock knitting. 

Tomorrow I have a governor meeting in the morning, school work to do and then I’m going to see my mum and dad for the first time since Christmas!

13 hours ago, Froglet said:

Good to hear people are getting jabbed. I spent the day in school yesterday catching up with marking and having a good tidy up. Today I’ve been preparing our engagement/safeguarding trackers for the next half term and cooking - tomato soup, cheese scones and sausage rolls for lunch this week. Had a really long conversation with a friend this afternoon. Tonight I’m going to do a load of governor work and some more sock knitting. 

Tomorrow I have a governor meeting in the morning, school work to do and then I’m going to see my mum and dad for the first time since Christmas!

Young Froglet - enough with the work now!

Enjoy your time with your bubble buddies

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Young Froglet - enough with the work now!

Enjoy your time with your bubble buddies

Lol  I'd love to be able to just stop but some of it must be done!! However, today is a slower kind of day - by accident as I didn't sleep brilliantly and got up later than I planned.  I am currently taking the last of the wax out of a load of used candle jars and contemplating turning one of the large ones into a mini terrarium.  I don't have a great reputation with plants though.  Although having said that I do have an orchid that a child gave me on the kitchen windowsill that is on its third flowering!

28 minutes ago, Froglet said:

.  I don't have a great reputation with plants though.  Although having said that I do have an orchid that a child gave me on the kitchen windowsill that is on its third flowering!

That's the strange thing about orchids- once you find the right place they are pretty much indestructible !! My daughter call my utility room the orchid hospital - 'if/when' they finish flowing they get put ontop of a cupboard out there and get neglected  left until they all flower again!!  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, louby loo said:

I've discovered I quite like being anti-social these days ( well there is only so much chit-chat you can do at the moment)

This made me smile....I have airpods but when I walk I often used the wired headphones so it is perfectly obvious I am listening to something even if sometimes I have the audio turned off 😆  When you have wires hanging people seem ok with a nod and a wave lol

21 hours ago, louby loo said:

I have an Asda deliver too.... but it's my birthday so it's full of surprises 🤣🤣🤣  We're fully embracing new lockdown birthday  treat ideas!!!

Since March last year we always have naughty Saturday as in a pre Covid life we would often go out on a Saturday.  We are very good Sun to Friday (I am following the WW plan) but Saturdays are for indulgence.  We take turns choosing the Saturday night treat.....sometimes it's a take away and sometimes it recipes that involve cream and cheese that I cannot eat on my diet the rest of the week.....and bread....there is nearly always crusty bread Saturday lunchtime lol 

18 hours ago, Froglet said:

cooking - tomato soup, cheese scones and sausage rolls for lunch this week. Had a really long conversation with a friend this afternoon. Tonight I’m going to do a load of governor work and some more sock knitting. 

Froglet you amaze me and make me feel quite the sloth.....your wonderful cooking and craft.  I did make my kids laugh out loud at the weekend though when I said I was going to darn a wooly sock and they took the mickey....they soon shut up when I brandished my nans old wooden darning mushroom or is it a toadstool....anyway it works and I have no hole in my sock now!

4 hours ago, Froglet said:

I don't have a great reputation with plants though. 

Have you ever seen airplants....https://lovetillys.co.uk/product-category/air-plant-kits-and-gifts/   They seem to be a good idea for regular plant murderers lol

I hope you all enjoy the rest of your half terms week and are all getting some good rest before you have to start again.

Take care all of you and stay safe x

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Sue said:

Froglet you amaze me and make me feel quite the sloth.....your wonderful cooking and craft.  I did make my kids laugh out loud at the weekend though when I said I was going to darn a wooly sock and they took the mickey....they soon shut up when I brandished my nans old wooden darning mushroom or is it a toadstool....anyway it works and I have no hole in my sock now!

Have you ever seen airplants....https://lovetillys.co.uk/product-category/air-plant-kits-and-gifts/   They seem to be a good idea for regular plant murderers lol

I think of myself more as a plant torturer - I frequently remember them and dowse them in water which seems to give them a couple of days respite when they are looking sad and pathetic!  I hadn't seen airplants before but I'm intrigued - thank you!  As for cooking and craft would it help for me to tell you that I frequently spend the day/evening  pootling - achieving very little other than maybe having mindlessly watched some TV that I've seen before so I don't have to think about it, having a nap and maybe doing a game (or two or 10) of sudoku!  Someone earlier on the thread (Panders?) said something about me being busy and it just made me smile - I am so lazy compared to my sister and mum, am constantly playing catch up.  Plus I only tell you when I actually do something - if you add it all up over time, that's not much!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Whoop! Whoop! I have been 'jabbed' - feeling extremely grateful right now

Hey JAB buddy - How are you?   My arm a little sore yesterday, but no other effects.    I expect its awaiting me after the second one in May, i'll clear my diary for a few days😂

On 17/02/2021 at 09:51, louby loo said:

That's the strange thing about orchids- once you find the right place they are pretty much indestructible !! My daughter call my utility room the orchid hospital - 'if/when' they finish flowing they get put ontop of a cupboard out there and get neglected  left until they all flower again!!  

I have too have tried this trickery!   Not worked this time🙁  I gave this orchid so  many chances ...... it's looking so bad at the moment I really do think it is time to give it the heave-ho.    My poinsetta this year not so long lasting ....  They only ever thrive in one place in the house - but OH gave me a dodgy one to start with I think😂

18 minutes ago, louby loo said:

How are you feeling today sunnyday?    

6 minutes ago, Panders said:

Hey JAB buddy - How are you?   My arm a little sore yesterday, but no other effects.    I expect its awaiting me after the second one in May, i'll clear my diary for a few days😂

In a word 'rough' - but nothing that I can't deal with

Panders did you have the Pfizer - everyone that I know that has had that one seems to have been fine

Conversely all who have had AZ (as I did) seem to have shown side effects - I'm telling myself that it's all good and shows that my body is doing something!

I cut my poinsettia back when it starts to look like that.   I’ve had the same plant for about 6 years now and it looked lush this Christmas.    It was actually my daughter’s plant, and now she’s moved in with her partner, I gifted it to her at Christmas.    It’s well and truly dead now.  🤭😳

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Panders said:

Good to here your feeling ok 😊

13 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

In a word 'rough' - but nothing that I can't deal with

Andy was like that after his AZ

7 minutes ago, Cait said:

I cut my poinsettia back when it starts to look like that.   I’ve had the same plant for about 6 years now and it looked lush this Christmas.    It was actually my daughter’s plant, and now she’s moved in with her partner, I gifted it to her at Christmas.    It’s well and truly dead now.  🤭😳

Really? I didn’t know you could cut them back? How?! I always feel guilty about chucking them when I buy a new one each year.