Articles
About Us
Tapestry

No mention of nurseries in the PM’s statement then

anju

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

Yeah I believe you louby xD

Tat said I really hope that you can put it out of your mind for a while now

Look, as I posted somewhere here....... I got a large bottle of Pimms in a sub for a small one today.... I'm not really a drinker ....but....:D

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, lynned55 said:

I have just sent a letter for parents to my Deputy to see what she thinks of it (she's a good sounding board)

I've spoken to our parish priest and he is agreeable to us opening

Sent the full guidance to staff yesterday and asked them to let me have their thoughts/ideas. Couple have come back with some surprisingly good ideas, one is moaning about no masks (but that isnt going to happen) One has said she's more than happy to come back, one has said 'why are you sending us this- its by no means definite that we will open June- just a maybe'  (I give up!) one said- I have received your email and read the guidance-  and I'm still waiting to hear from 3!! Did hear from our local school asking me to verify that two of my staff will be working as they've asked for their children to be in school. 

So I have asked parents who is willing to come back. Told them that-

we will open mornings only (to start with) for just 3 hours (our morning sessions are normally 3.5)  to start

open for those going to school in sept only - to start 

no lunches - to start

no parents - children handed over at door- if your child is not willing to come in- keep them home

no shared care - us or them

That's as far as I have got with planning- loads of other bits but not for parents. I do wonder if I've given too much info- I said our aim was to try and follow guidelines, keeping children in a small group (the same ones as far as possible) and they probably wouldnt be with heir friends or able to choose who to be with. I also said please be aware that just as our lives have now changed I didnt think preschool would ever be the same as we were. 

So I will wait and see- I'm not even sure if trying to keep the children in a 'bubble' will work- not all of our children do the same days and not all staff work every session. I did add that any decision we make will be conditional and subject to change with little or no notice.

I think we have 26 going to school- so I'm going to see if it is practical to keep them in separate groups. 

Need to do a risk assessment

proper plan for how we are going to run the sessions

a cleaning rota (just so we dont all clean the same thing 10 times throughout the morning and miss something else)

maybe some guidelines for staff on how to approach and what messages we send to  children- just so we are all singing from the same song sheet - I dont want us to be giving out the wrong messages to children or making them feel worried or anxious they are doing the wrong thing- but equally I think staff have to feel comfortable.

However the thought of trying to have a meeting (virtual or otherwise) to discuss this feels me with horror- so I think I may do a 1:1 quickly to get some thoughts and then decide. Being really mean here but apart from one staff and my deputy- I feel the rest have been so unsupportive that they dont deserve any consultation!  But like many of you I have a banging headache today and am back to feeling stressed again. 

Maybe they will change their minds about us opening in June

If you do a risk assessment I would love to see it.....I think mine might be the size of the Bible....and I still would be missing stuff!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stargrower said:

When we closed on 27th March I felt like my heart broke.  But this is even worse.  I am trying to balance the children/staff thing like everyone else but can't bear the thought of what our lovely nursery will be like when (if) we return.

Me too...I hated closing the doors and thought I wouldnt see some of our little ones again as they would be starting school in Sept.....however like you I dread the going back to something that isn't pre-school, isn't ideal and probably isn't safe for staff.    I imagine of course as we are all carers we will do our best, try to be strong and we will adapt and manage but I'm not convinced its in the best interests of the children but then of course when have their best interests ever really been considered.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Well.....I have just sent my letter to parents, as I said somewhere upthread I am not going to re-open 1st June, I have said that I will continue to look at the situation and hope to return if and when we can do so safely and without all of the extra restrictions

(They are all going to hate me aren't they:ph34r:)

I could do with some of that Pimms louby:)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Well.....I have just sent my letter to parents, as I said somewhere upthread I am not going to re-open 1st June, I have said that I will continue to look at the situation and hope to return if and when we can do so safely and without all of the extra restrictions

Amazing...go girl!B|

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've been really surprised by staff reaction.  Out of 18 staff I have four who have said they will come back as soon as we open.  I knew there would be some with childcare issues as they have children in the years that aren't going back yet.  Plus one is 'shielded' so won't be back before July.  The rest are saying they don't feel it's the right time.  I think I'm going to have to speak to LawCall tomorrow as I don't know where I stand.  I know I can keep them furloughed but can they just choose not to come back?  One has asked to see risk assessments and the government guidance so I'll send that tomorrow.  I'm still waiting to see how many children we will have though, so maybe four staff will be enough! O.o

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Stargrower said:

I've been really surprised by staff reaction.  Out of 18 staff I have four who have said they will come back as soon as we open.  I knew there would be some with childcare issues as they have children in the years that aren't going back yet.  Plus one is 'shielded' so won't be back before July.  The rest are saying they don't feel it's the right time.  I think I'm going to have to speak to LawCall tomorrow as I don't know where I stand.  I know I can keep them furloughed but can they just choose not to come back?  One has asked to see risk assessments and the government guidance so I'll send that tomorrow.  I'm still waiting to see how many children we will have though, so maybe four staff will be enough! O.o

Blimey that’s tricky. Even if you only need four staff, would you get the wages back for the others from the furlough scheme? Also, if you’ve got low numbers of children returning, meaning on the plus side you may only need four staff but on the other hand does that mean your private income is seriously depleted? And you can’t adjust that aspect of the percentage calculation for the furlough; it has to be February’s Private income still as far as I know. 

dont know if the above makes sense sorry! 

36 minutes ago, Stargrower said:

As much as we want to get back to what we do I’m not sure any of us would be by choice at this time, even though we had it in mind it could be after half term as time went on and things hadn‘t improved greatly it seemed like we’d be out till September, if they have no genuine reason other than feeling how the whole world is feeling I’d be telling them they are welcome to take unpaid leave if you don’t need them for now, will you have enough private income loss to keep them furloughed?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, anju said:

I'm pretty sure there is not much difference - some how I got to see it on the download page where they add notes of the updates.

Ok so it may have been around 3am when I saw it but I do remember thinking it was only a very minor change.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, louby loo said:

I'm pretty sure there is not much difference - some how I got to see it on the download page where they add notes of the updates.

Ok so it may have been around 3am when I saw it but I do remember thinking it was only a very minor change.

OMG there’s another one today 😩

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-early-years-and-childcare-closures/coronavirus-covid-19-early-years-and-childcare-closures

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, anju said:

The changes :)

Updated guidance for early years and childcare providers during the coronavirus outbreak

The DfE has updated its previous guidance for early years and childcare providers during the coronavirus outbreak. The main changes include:

• updated links to new and revised guidance
  • a new section clarifying the position on welcoming all children back to early years settings from 1 June
  • clarification on the responsibilities for settings and local authorities in relation to safeguarding (section 3)
  • information regarding testing for essential workers (section 6.4)
  • link to guidance on free early education entitlements added (section 5.1)
  • information for parents on temporary changes to the 30 hours free early education entitlements (section 5.2)
  • revised recommendations on the use of Personal Protective Equipment (section 6.2)
  • further information on safeguarding requirements during this period (section 7.8)
  • information on when can childminders can reopen to more children (section 10.5)
  • Thanks 2

On 5/13/2020 at 19:41, enuffsenuf said:

If you do a risk assessment I would love to see it.....I think mine might be the size of the Bible....and I still would be missing stuff!

Yes of course- although haven't a clue where to start. 

Just listened to a video conference and an EY consultant speaker said start with a blank one, do not use anyone ele's^_^ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lynned55 said:

Yes of course- although haven't a clue where to start. 

Just listened to a video conference and an EY consultant speaker said start with a blank one, do not use anyone ele's^_^ 

Well that sounds unhelpful - I’m hoping our LA will produce something we can use as a starting point and adapt as required. 

I can send the one our LA has sent. It's not a RA as such- but a 31 page document reminding us of things to do/think of. I have only skimmed it but my deputy said she thought it was pretty good as a starting point- she aid it made her think of a few things e hadn't yet.

I dont like to post it here though so if anyone wants it email me 

sjf.preschool@gmail.com

Happy to email back

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 13/05/2020 at 19:46, sunnyday said:

One suspects of course that it would naturally be the ones that "hate you" who would be the first to sue for negligence f their child picked up covid from being in the setting!   ps as Pimms has an alcohol base is it now a legal item in pre-school unlike lego?   #asking for a friend

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, enuffsenuf said:

One suspects of course that it would naturally be the ones that "hate you" who would be the first to sue for negligence f their child picked up covid from being in the setting!   ps as Pimms has an alcohol base is it now a legal item in pre-school unlike lego?   #asking for a friend

I have to update you here enuffsenuf - I had nothing but kindness and support from my parents :)

As for the Pimms - whatever gets you through I say xD

Just now, sunnyday said:

I have to update you here enuffsenuf - I had nothing but kindness and support from my parents :)

As for the Pimms - whatever gets you through I say xD

that's brilliant unlike one of mine who gave notice today expressing his thoughts that it is "unfortunate" his child has not been able to attend for the last 2 months...mmmmmm

• Sad 3

Have you seen that Ofsted are sending out a survey to parents to see if they should start inspecting again!  It’s thought that it might make parents feel it’s safer to send their children back! I’m speechless!

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, enuffsenuf said:

that's brilliant unlike one of mine who gave notice today expressing his thoughts that it is "unfortunate" his child has not been able to attend for the last 2 months...mmmmmm

Oh my actual goodness what is wrong with some people :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Have you seen that Ofsted are sending out a survey to parents to see if they should start inspecting again!  It’s thought that it might make parents feel it’s safer to send their children back! I’m speechless!

Oh my actual goodness again - that's all anyone needs :ph34r: