Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A fond farewell

catma

Hi,

I've realised of late that I don't use the forum as much as I used to and that maybe the time has come to bow out. Most of my interactions are via direct messages!!

I have loved being part of this community and sharing my experience and knowledge particularly in things related to assessment, but coming from a school background there seems to be fewer conversations where I feel I have something relevant to offer so I've decide not to renew my subscription this year.

I've been kicking around here for 15 years and that feels like a good anniversary to reach.

I have been developing my writing career (picture books) alongside my education job and now have a literary Agent so I need to focus my energies into what happens with that too. Who knows, I may be back sometime sharing news of publication!!

So lots of love to Steve and Helen and the team, plus all the fabulously talented practitioners who I have got to know over the years!!

Best Wishes,

Catma :bananas:(I still don't know why we have the bananas)

• Like 2

Oh Catma, you will be sorely missed.  Thank you so much for your words of wisdom and insight both on the board and through direct messages.  It has been invaluable and both informed and reassured me on countless occasions.  Although I'm not in that role at the moment it was a lonely job being the only EY person in a school and having your knowledge and experience as back up made such a difference.

Good luck with all that you are doing - I am thrilled at the idea of a new picture book and my fingers are crossed hoping for an announcement of publication soon!

Take care of yourself.  With love, Froglet.

• Like 1

Oh Catma!  I hope Steve gives you lifetime membership - certainly well earned!  I don't really pop in nowadays, but it's good to keep in touch on here and touch base with folk from time to time.  

How did you get your literary agent?  I've self-published a couple of children's books as you may know, and just about to embark on the third.  

Good luck with whatever you do in the future, and thank you for your companionship and sage words over the many years.  

X

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You are all too kind and I am feeling very humbled to be held in such esteem.

I'm also thrilled to be offered a very special FSF title. Thank you very much to Steve and Helen - it means a huge amount.

Everyone keep your fingers crossed for my two stories being taken to the Frankfurt Book Fair!

Cx

• Like 3

I must have had a sixth sense. I hardly ever pop in now, but thought I would tonight. I echo all that has been said about Catma. One of the wise, that we have all listened to over the years. I wish you well with your writing and hope to see you in print soon.

I have taken to the stage and belong to the Elders Company at the Royal Exchange Theatre in Manchester. We Early Years practitioners are a gifted lot, with many transferable skills. Retirement can be great!!!

Well I can confirm I'm going to be around here for a bit longer...will pop in from time to time.

Apparently leaving isn't an option! I'll add my new title of "Official FSF Saint" to my badge and mug and the certificate I was awarded for being the curriculum queen!!

Cxx

• Like 5