Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ever so slightly fed up

Panders

Or a G&T fairy cake then technically you're not drinking at all.  I think I've just about reached a decision to give up on my TDL.  Not finished at all but the absolute musts in order to get through next week are and although I'm so much better than I was I still get overwhelmed and feel the need to fall asleep now and then (or is that just old age?!)

59 minutes ago, Panders said:

Getting through the TDL gradually but need a break.  Getting ready for a Level 1 student too - seems so much paperwork to get through for an induction I feel I'm wading through fudge!  I need cheering up and it's too early to open the gin!

What can I say - the sun is over the yard arm somwherexD

When are you back to work? I am this Friday - bet you are Monday! (this is my effort to cheer you up!)

Have just returned from a very 'blowy' walk wit the 'holiday doggie' - walk was lovely, but it might take a while for my ears to return to normal temperature - should have worn the balaclavaxD

33 minutes ago, Froglet said:

See... spies everywhere!  I can't believe she'd reject it - is Sunnyday actually royalty?!

At last - I knew you would come to this realisation eventually:D

Truth to tell - Mr S was making noises about taking the CHRISTMAS tree down and I thought blow that I will walk the dog, it was one of my better plans he had finished it by the time I got back - anyway in my rush to get out of the door I just forgot the balaclava........

51 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Yep - I work on the same principle but I needed that extra day to be 'compliant' this term

i was back today>:( inset day for us and then children back tomorrow (and after school club!O.o) i'll be pooped by the weekend! Early half term for us though and have plans to go away:P

23 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

i was back today>:( inset day for us and then children back tomorrow (and after school club!O.o) i'll be pooped by the weekend! Early half term for us though and have plans to go away:P

Where are you going fm and do you need me to look after your dogs?:D

Edited by sunnyday
had to change 'our' to 'your'!

27 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

Ha ...you haven't looked after mine yet! they pull like trains on the lead

The two that I look after for my sons and their families - Alfie is a chocolate lab who would look at me as if I was mad if I tried to put a lead on him - Beau is a Border Terrier, she does always need a lead because she is not good with other dogs - can you picture the scene - me with a red face pulling her in the opposite direction to other dog walkers and calling out "I am so sorry".......that's the only thing that is not good about her, otherwise she is a real little sweetie:)

We are back with children on Friday.  Spent yesterday having a room change (again) and a bit of a clean, you know what it’s like when you start moving stuff!  Going to go in tomorrow when hopefully the school will have the heating on and go through the post and try and update everything that needs it.  Also got an inclusion worker visit soon so need to ensure I have all the relevant documents etc.  Can’t wait to see the children again, just hope everyone returns healthy??.  Hope everyone has a good first day back.

5 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Yep - I work on the same principle but I needed that extra day to be 'compliant' this term

Well. 

We go back Monday, and it occurred to today me that actually we should have gone back this Friday :o 

I'm working on it..... 9_9xDxD.. We are allowed one day as a training/inset day, but I believe you are actually supposed to be there.  I think I may have to do some staff training perhaps spread it over a few weeks?

5 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

I work on a swings and roundabouts theory that the chn who miss their day due to BH happening during a term will come in at other times (Nativity, trips, party) which they aren’t charged for.

Yes, I may just offer our Friday children extra hours that last week.  :)

50 minutes ago, lsp said:

We started back today.  Can' believe - still children off with bugs of various kinds.  I thought we would all return fit, healthy and full of life - who am I trying to kid????

I actually had to come home from work the first Monday in Dec (unheard of for me)  struggled through the last week, then ill again ..... and I have only really felt 'well' again  yesterday.    I spent the day doing preschool stuff, checked the hall this morning ........and could quite happily gone back to bed this afternoon.

There seems to be some really nasty bugs/virus about this year.  :(

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

I actually had to come home from work the first Monday in Dec (unheard of for me)  struggled through the last week, then ill again ..... and I have only really felt 'well' again  yesterday.    I spent the day doing preschool stuff, checked the hall this morning ........and could quite happily gone back to bed this afternoon.

There seems to be some really nasty bugs/virus about this year.  :(

I too went to the hall today to drop off stuff and do a check, unfortunately immediately noticed one half of the 5 bar gate off its hinges on the floor of the car park.   Caretaker thinks a Lorry must have backed into it!   Until it's put right the children will have to stay indoors for the whole session??

sorry to hear it's taking so long to shake off your virus - wasn't Aussie 'flu was it?   Hope you are at full fitness soon, just delegate as much as poss and definitely rest in the afternoons for an hour at least.   

Edited by Panders
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Panders said:

I too went to the hall today to drop off stuff and do a check, unfortunately immediately noticed one half of the 5 bar gate off its hinges on the floor of the car park.   Caretaker thinks a Lorry must have backed into it!   Until it's put right the children will have to stay indoors for the whole session?? 

We had a roof leak, luckily it's in a smaller room that we don't actually use- we just have [staff] to walk through to set up.  it's annoying though as it started leaking around half-term but nothing was done and now with all this bad weather it's just got a lot worse.>:(  We pay such high rent I'm thinking of asking for a rebate!

I need to look up the Aussie flu, not sure what I've had....but I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

First day back today and arrived to find we had no heating and they were waiting for the part.  We are in an old Victorian building with mega high ceilings and draughty windows so was like an icebox.  So didn’t even open!!  Not a good start to the term?

11 hours ago, zigzag said:

First day back today and arrived to find we had no heating and they were waiting for the part.  We are in an old Victorian building with mega high ceilings and draughty windows so was like an icebox.  So didn’t even open!!  Not a good start to the term?

:o So whoever manages the building didn't let you know in advance?

We rent a room in the old infant building of a school.  The heating is centrally controlled by County apparently.  When I went in the previous day it was off but they didn’t realise that it was broken until later in the day and were waiting for a part.  Such a shame, was so looking forward to seeing the children again.