Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New update ... here to help!

FSFRebecca

Have you got a question? Any problems, however small and niggly (also if you notice things we might not have spotted!) If it's a general query then you can put it here ... if it's private then send me a DM (click on my name and you see 'message')

The first thing you'll struggle to find is 'view new content' - If you go to the Forum page you'll see a tab called 'Activity' and there are options to see 'things I haven't read', 'things I've started' etc have a little look. It's all there .... I promise x

• Thanks 1

Slowly finding my way around!

On the old system I always used 'view new content' which I realise now we use the Activity tab - but when you got the list of unread posts you used to be able to go the 'last unread post' so that you didn't always have to start at page 1 and flick through, especially as some posts are pages long! - can you still do that?

Hi thumperrabbit,

Yes, you can make the system show you whatever you want to see:

Go to the 'Activity' tab on the Forum page, click on 'My Activity Streams', at the bottom of the list it says 'Create New Stream' click on it.

Now you can choose what you want to see:  you can choose to see all the content and comments, then you can choose whether to see the first thing you haven't read etc

If you click on the little cog icons next to the records you get to see a little drop down box which will tell you what the particular record is (so you can say yes to articles,  but no to book reviews for example). 

At the moment, I've got mine set to show me 'All' if I then find that I'm getting things I don't want to see I can go into the records and check that particular thing 'out' of my selection.

Have a play with this 'Activity' bit and see how you get on. Ask again if you are still stuck!:D

• Like 1

Also on the list of unread posts there is a dark blue circle (or star if you already posted in that thread) to the left of the title.  If you click on this rather the title it will take you to the first unread post in the thread.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Also on the list of unread posts there is a dark blue circle (or star if you already posted in that thread) to the left of the title.  If you click on this rather the title it will take you to the first unread post in the thread.

ooh, fancy! I hadn't found that - thank you :)

• Like 1

Hi Chrissie -

Do you mean you used to get taken to the tapestry.info page and then log in from there? If so, you're quite right - there's now an extra step involved, as we decided to include an extra Tapestry information page on eyfs.info. So now, if you click the Tapestry sign at the top right of the home page, you will be taken to an initial page on eyfs.info, and from there you need to scroll down until you see a button called 'Visit Tapestry.info'. From there you'll be able to log into Tapestry.

Thanks for bringing this up though. I'll think about adding a button to that first page enabling you to log into Tapestry directly from there.

If I've misunderstood you please do get back to me. :)

PS - By the way, you do know you can always log directly into Tapestry like this don't you? https://tapestryjournal.com

Hello make over is good and refreshing well done. But l cant find the topics to help planning. :oThe resources where a great help as well l cant find them it had banks of templates for every areas like staffing leadership planning, please bring them back thanks.

On 23/10/2017 at 08:54, Rebecca said:

Have you got a question? Any problems, however small and niggly (also if you notice things we might not have spotted!) If it's a general query then you can put it here ... if it's private then send me a DM (click on my name and you see 'message')

The first thing you'll struggle to find is 'view new content' - If you go to the Forum page you'll see a tab called 'Activity' and there are options to see 'things I haven't read', 'things I've started' etc have a little look. It's all there .... I promise x

Hello Rebecca

under the resources l cant find the old topics to assist planning, they were quite useful can you please bring them back l use it to aid planning and also staff new to planning finds them useful. Thanks 

Ha! Maybe there would be - choices, choices ... what will you do?! Maybe I'll just get Tapestry removed from your stream and then give you a nudge if we need help!! Would you like one of our new banana emojis while you're thinking about it? :bananas:

• Haha 1

On 26/10/2017 at 09:16, Chrissie said:

I used to be able to click on the Tapestry sign at the top of page and get into Tapestry , but now i cant ?  how do you get onto tapestry from the forum  please ?

On 26/10/2017 at 22:51, Panders said:

Just click on Forums just under the banner.  They are all still there

They use to be under resources l cant find them

so you need to go to a page where you see the banner, and then to the lefthand side you will see  4 tabs, one says BROWSE, ONE SAYS ACTIVITY ANOTHER SAYS STORE.   Under those there are other labels saying LA Area, Forums, Downloads, Apps.  

Click on Forums and it looks very similar to the page we always had and scroll down the page and you will find topics you are looking for.

On 29/10/2017 at 20:17, TORO said:

They use to be under resources l cant find them

Is it these you are after? http://eyfs.info/forums/forum/19-ideas-for-activities-themes-and-topics/ 

However, I suspect it is these http://eyfs.info/resources/topic-support/. You are quite right, they were not there - we have uploaded them for you, they weren't transferred over from the old site as they need redoing and refreshing. They are very dated and the curriculum links don't reflect current practice. If you use them frequently you might consider downloading them and saving them to your PC in case when you come back to use them we have taken them down for 'Spring cleaning' !

On 30/10/2017 at 11:35, Rebecca said:

Is it these you are after? http://eyfs.info/forums/forum/19-ideas-for-activities-themes-and-topics/ 

However, I suspect it is these http://eyfs.info/resources/topic-support/. You are quite right, they were not there - we have uploaded them for you, they weren't transferred over from the old site as they need redoing and refreshing. They are very dated and the curriculum links don't reflect current practice. If you use them frequently you might consider downloading them and saving them to your PC in case when you come back to use them we have taken them down for 'Spring cleaning' !

Thank you so so much yes, l adapt that to the current curriculum

On 30/10/2017 at 11:35, Rebecca said:

found it x

On 10/26/2017 at 13:11, BedfordBoroughNicolaM said:

Hello,

Am I still able to cut and paste into an post? And if I can, how? I used to be able to highlight text from a document, then paste it into the post. It isn't letting me do that now.

Thanks

Nicola

I've put in a request that we get the 'Word' paste option back, most of the formatting seems to go over, but not all. If you have something that is taking up too much of your time then please send it to me, or Sue, and we will get it done for you :)

Morning all,

I've re-added the Paste from Word button but your browser may be set to not allow the clipboard to be used automatically. I've turned back on formatting when pasting which should fix a lot of issues.

Those finding Tapestry stuff cluttering up their FSF news,  I've created two new feeds:

http://eyfs.info/discover/16/ - This is just for FSF forums and articles, no Tapestry information should be in there.
http://eyfs.info/discover/17/ - This is just for Tapestry incase you need that stream too.

You can set any stream as your default just click the tick next to its name in the header.

Tapestry Feed - Early Years Foundation Stage Forum 2017-11-06 10-14-07.png