Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Finished!

larnielass

Not right now I hope - she's put her balaclava on backwards!

Not so much 'backwards' I would call it a 'jaunty angle' :1b

LKeyTeach welcome to the team - I don't really have any authority to welcome you but I don't let small matters like that stand in my way ;)

• Like 3

Essential wear the thermal sarong when we used to visit Cait for the annual summer binge

It was! Shouldn't need the thermal base layer with them in jolly North Yorkshire!

• Like 2

Now that is what I call a balaclava!! Does anyone remember the thermal sarong?

Of course, mine was purple to match my very best balaclava..........couldn't possibly have risked a summer trip to Caits place without proper protection :1b

• Like 1

As far as I can make out Sunnyday, there is no dry season in North Yorkshire, but July is about the warmest month. Flippers as a precautionary device would be required I fear. Might just be able to get away with letting the thermals be replaced with a woolly sarong

• Like 2

We would like to extend a very warm welcome to any new members venturing into the Lounge for the very first time. Bet you weren't expecting this. Yes fashion tips for the extreme traveller. This is a fine example of the effects working in Early Years can have. Enjoy!!!!

• Like 6

What's the rain situation there - will flippers be needed as they were for Cumbria?

No, not at all! It's fizzling very gently this afternoon, but not enough to wet under hedges! So you won't need canoes, buoyancy aids, cagoules, wet suits or flippers! Fairly boring really on that front. Still, there's bound to be something!

• Like 2

As far as I can make out Sunnyday, there is no dry season in North Yorkshire, but July is about the warmest month. Flippers as a precautionary device would be required I fear. Might just be able to get away with letting the thermals be replaced with a woolly sarong

I beg to differ, my black and white friend. It was jolly dry here from may onwards last year and there was almost a hosepipe ban! Lots of dry days. I had to mulch the flowerbeds to keep moisture in, and most of my Cumbrian primulas went quite crispy!

• Like 3

No, not at all! It's fizzling very gently this afternoon, but not enough to wet under hedges! So you won't need canoes, buoyancy aids, cagoules, wet suits or flippers! Fairly boring really on that front. Still, there's bound to be something!

This is such good news :1b especially it not being wet under hedges - could just end up under one if the booze is flowing :blink: :lol:

I beg to differ, my black and white friend. It was jolly dry here from may onwards last year and there was almost a hosepipe ban! Lots of dry days. I had to mulch the flowerbeds to keep moisture in, and most of my Cumbrian primulas went quite crispy!

Oh my life :o crispy primulas :blink: nobody likes a cripy primula :lol:

Edit to say - or a crispy one

Edited by sunnyday
  • Like 1

Darling Cait, I stand corrected, I now fear burning to a crisp when we visit, you do remember how delicate I am, especially around the edges.

I can only imagine what Sunnyday and for that matter Hali will get up to under the hedges as you do know their roots must be kept damp at all times.

Edit to say - better add. Louby Loo, Isp and Finleysmaid to that list they certainly are no strangers to the odd drinky or two. ::1a ::1a only our dear little Froglet will add some decorum I am sure.

Edited by Panders
  • Like 4

Edit to say - better add. Louby Loo, Isp and Finleysmaid to that list they certainly are no strangers to the odd drinky or two. ::1a ::1a only our dear little Froglet will add some decorum I am sure.

Where on earth did you get that idea?!

Oh I know all that but as an apprentice I thought I might just be cleaning the naughty step or even looking for wool for the balaclava but now I might have to join your team and find witty things to post.

Definitely not scary, definitely mad! I am definitely in need of some new balaclava wool - have been unable to find just the shade of neon green I wanted. The naughty step is in regular need of cleaning due to overuse and as for posting witty things...I think it's more a case of random nonsense! Just invite yourself along to the party!

How VERY DARE YOU! I don't know what you're insinting,,,insinuaatin insisting HIC Blinkin bottles fallen over now :wacko: :blink: :ph34r:

• Like 3