Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

P.E. Ideas?

My preschoolers loved Tatty Bumpkin. Have a look and see if there's a franchise near you. Once she had come fortnightly for a year, we were confident to 'go it alone'.

• Like 1

These are the games our children love to play

Whats the time Mr Wolf, great for maths too.

Duck, duck goose

Musical statues

Balancing bean bags. Children take turns to decide on which part of their body to balance them whilst walking around.

Parachute songs and games

Traffic lights

Bean game Runner bean, Broad bean (stretch wide) French bean (Bonjour)

Dough disco

• Like 1

Similar to both Jo and Panders + ours love an 'obstacle course' that we make up with various bits of apparatus - they can join in the planning and setting up too :1b

Races, moving in various ways i.e. hopping, skipping (that's a sight to behold), crawling, big steps, fairy steps.......

We use our hoops for all sorts of fun activities.......

We dance to lots and lots of different music......

We love a 'marching band'........

Oooh and our 'French beans' don't say "bonjour" they say "ooh la-la"! :lol:

Similar to both Jo and Panders + ours love an 'obstacle course' that we make up with various bits of apparatus - they can join in the planning and setting up too :1b

Races, moving in various ways i.e. hopping, skipping (that's a sight to behold), crawling, big steps, fairy steps.......

We use our hoops for all sorts of fun activities.......

We dance to lots and lots of different music......

We love a 'marching band'........

Oooh and our 'French beans' don't say "bonjour" they say "ooh la-la"! :lol:

My French beans say the same Sunnyday - what do your "coffee beans" do? Our kidney beans have to touch their toes and our Navy Beans have to say aye aye captain :P

At Christmas - am I still allowed to say that, or is it too early, too late??? We played musical hoops, when the music stopped I called out a part of the body which they had to put into the hoop - we also kept taking hoops away until they all had to try and cram into one hoop at the end.

All the above, tag rugby and team ball games are a favourite, as well as catching throwing to each other we use those coloured ball pit ones, (outside works best) throw them far and wide, put in colour teams and the first ones with all theirs back in a bucket/bowl/hoop wins, you can have a few able children as your 'colour police' and they have to run around and throw any wrong colours back out.

We've never had an American bean sunnyday, our Jelly beans wobble and baked beans dramatically wipe their foreheads and fan themselves :-)

• Like 1

ok now REALLY what are you lot talking about its obviously....

French bean..ooh lala

Mexican bean ...Mexican hat dance

string bean hands up and on tip toes

baked beans...curl up small

broad beans...make yourself wide

jumping beans...jump

jelly bean...wobble

and then beans on toast .....everyone runs to a designated area

other games grandmas foot steps and squeak piggy squeak. ;)

• Like 2

no no no Finleysmaid beans on toast you need to lay on the floor on your back "spreadeagle! Butter beans you "ice skate". Frozen beans stand like a statue, and baked beans sun themselves, however, I like mousie's idea of fanning themselves and mopping their brow

I think we need a definitive FSF List.

Suggestions in please and I will compile one. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

We do Fun Fit, which was Persil Fun Fit many years ago and I resurrected it two years ago. We also do

bean game, Sharks are coming, What's the time Mr Wolf, Musical hoops, different parachute games, ring

games, races, obstacle courses, walk like a ...... throwing, catching and rolling a ball to each other and Sticky Kids to name a few.

we also let the children outside to run and chase each other and climb and balance.

• Like 2

We do Fun Fit, which was Persil Fun Fit many years ago and I resurrected it two years ago. We also dobean game, Sharks are coming, What's the time Mr Wolf, Musical hoops, different parachute games, ringgames, races, obstacle courses, walk like a ...... throwing, catching and rolling a ball to each other and Sticky Kids to name a few.we also let the children outside to run and chase each other and climb and balance.

How do you play Sharks are coming?

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)