Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Beautiful weather here. My family are down  from kent, so today we are all going out to a beautiful cafe for breakfast and then back to their amazing place where they are staying for pasties and yummy homemade desserts. So it should be a lovely day. Good luck with the fundraising Sunnyday, hope it’s a good day today.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

...and I'm done - what a fabulous weekend - I am sure that we have made lots of money - yay!

I have so enjoyed chatting with our customers, including a pretty bizarre conversation with an elderly lady who has moved away from the village but was back visiting her daughter and granddaughters - we did all the usual "lovely to see you, you look well" and then the following:

Her: I was looking through some old photos and came across one of you

Me: Oh good heavens, destroy it immediately! 🤣

Her: I will not, it is a lovely photo of you.

Me: Hmmm, thank you, when was it taken?

Her: When we all went to visit the war graves.

Me: Oh, it can't be me, I didn't go on that trip.

Her: It is you and it was definitely the war graves visit.

Me: But...

Then I thought I would just give in 🤦‍♀️🤣 although I am quite fascinated by this - can't be me on that trip, I really wasn't there! 🤣

• Haha 4

Oh how funny!   It would be interesting to follow that up!    

An exhausting day yesterday, on top of the usual baking for Monday coffee mornings, (carrot cake, fruit and plain scones) I had all the lawns to mow and the privet hedge to cut (which, like a sensible woman, I did first, so the mower picked it all up) it was really warm here so I was pooped!  Still, it got me 6,560 steps, so worth it! 

• Like 3

Brilliant day yesterday with the family and the place they are staying is just lovely with the most stunning view over a beach and a massive garden. My dear dog was in her element and was exhausted by the time we got home.  Today I met up with my old dream team from the good old days at pre-school they all retired before me and we went to lunch at Roskillys which was really lovely.

IMG_5680.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 20/05/2024 at 08:36, Cait said:

Oh how funny!   It would be interesting to follow that up!    

An exhausting day yesterday, on top of the usual baking for Monday coffee mornings, (carrot cake, fruit and plain scones) I had all the lawns to mow and the privet hedge to cut (which, like a sensible woman, I did first, so the mower picked it all up) it was really warm here so I was pooped!  Still, it got me 6,560 steps, so worth it! 

Are you ready to come and do my hedge now ? (please 🙏)  Hawthorn.... and you definitley mow after cutting - else you end up with 50 thousand  little hawthorn trees growing in the lawn 😭

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 20/05/2024 at 19:30, zigzag said:

Brilliant day yesterday with the family and the place they are staying is just lovely with the most stunning view over a beach and a massive garden. My dear dog was in her element and was exhausted by the time we got home.  Today I met up with my old dream team from the good old days at pre-school they all retired before me and we went to lunch at Roskillys which was really lovely.

IMG_5680.jpeg

That looks beautiful!

Good morning - 'tis Friday!

Hope everyone is okay?

Happy half-term - wow just one more term to go - amazing...

Still haven't got a confirmed figure for last weekend's fundraising - but it's going to be an impressive amount - go us!

We are off to a big Garden Show on Monday - hope the weather is kind to us.

Have a lovely weekend all x

• Like 1

Ooh that sounds good.  Still waiting here for my husband’s ‘urgent’ phosphate infusion, ordered on 24th April.   Sigh.  
but the sun is shining again after a lot of rain - the grass is laughing at me - I can hear it growing     

• Sad 1

On 24/05/2024 at 11:56, Cait said:

Still waiting here for my husband’s ‘urgent’ phosphate infusion, ordered on 24th April.   Sigh.  

That is absolutely b***dy awful - I am cross and frustrated on your behalf - what don't they understand about 'urgent'

• Like 2

I enjoyed a very entertaining hour or so with one of my lovely daughters-in-law this morning - I had asked her to help me with an online passport renewal - the idea was that she would take a photo - honestly, about 25 photos in we finally got one that was accepted 🤦‍♀️🤣

• Haha 1

On 24/05/2024 at 21:06, sunnyday said:

Oh bother! Have you got a plan to ensure some time for you?

Well, I’ve recently started doing jigsaw puzzles and have just ordered a new one for me. I have a couple of new books to read and the cutest pair I’d crochet booties to finish. Am just planning a gentle time really.

• Like 1

On 24/05/2024 at 11:56, Cait said:

Ooh that sounds good.  Still waiting here for my husband’s ‘urgent’ phosphate infusion, ordered on 24th April.   Sigh.  
but the sun is shining again after a lot of rain - the grass is laughing at me - I can hear it growing     

That's not good. 🙁

On 24/05/2024 at 17:03, sunnyday said:

I enjoyed a very entertaining hour or so with one of my lovely daughters-in-law this morning - I had asked her to help me with an online passport renewal - the idea was that she would take a photo - honestly, about 25 photos in we finally got one that was accepted 🤦‍♀️🤣

We had fun trying to do my granddaughters!! 🤣

On 24/05/2024 at 19:16, Froglet said:

Made it!! 😉🤣🤪

Snap!   😁

• Like 3

On 24/05/2024 at 13:29, sunnyday said:

That is absolutely b***dy awful - I am cross and frustrated on your behalf - what don't they understand about 'urgent'

Here we are at long bloomin last!!  

IMG_0885.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I am seriously good at procrastination. This morning was intended to be a work one. So far I have baked some cookies, read a lot of a book, ordered a pattern to make a cardigan, browsed lots of yarn (still can’t make my mind up). 

I am now pondering making cheese scones for lunch, doing the gardening and decluttering the entire house as well as finishing the book and my current crochet project. No one really needs reports or planning do they?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 29/05/2024 at 10:49, Froglet said:

I am seriously good at procrastination. This morning was intended to be a work one. So far I have baked some cookies, read a lot of a book, ordered a pattern to make a cardigan, browsed lots of yarn (still can’t make my mind up). 

I am now pondering making cheese scones for lunch, doing the gardening and decluttering the entire house as well as finishing the book and my current crochet project. No one really needs reports or planning do they?

Sounds good to me young Froglet! 👍

Of course no one needs reports or planning 🤣

Oh and I do love a cardi

• Like 3

On 29/05/2024 at 11:14, sunnyday said:

Sounds good to me young Froglet! 👍

Of course no one needs reports or planning 🤣

Oh and I do love a cardi

I haven’t ever really made clothing (other than socks) but this is a very pretty pattern. I just can’t decide on the colour - I have 2 days whilst the yarn I want is on sale…

• Like 2

On 29/05/2024 at 10:49, Froglet said:

On 29/05/2024 at 11:14, sunnyday said:

Oh and I do love a cardi

Got to love a cardi - especailly on a day like today!!😁

I am officaily old and confused.  I am totally confused as to what day of the week it is! I usually look after GS on a Thursday, and out for day with both GC Fridays, this week looked after both Tuesday, and out today..... I now think it's Friday night 😳🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 29/05/2024 at 21:03, louby loo said:

Got to love a cardi - especailly on a day like today!!😁

I am officaily old and confused.  I am totally confused as to what day of the week it is! I usually look after GS on a Thursday, and out for day with both GC Fridays, this week looked after both Tuesday, and out today..... I now think it's Friday night 😳🤣

I think it's Thursday today louby!

Have my two littlest grandchildren coming for the day today

Well up here, it's definitely Thursday and possibly a day for not just a cardi but full thermals and a hot water bottle!  I'm tempted to put the fire on and make hot chocolate...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 30/05/2024 at 07:43, sunnyday said:

I think it's Thursday today louby!

Have my two littlest grandchildren coming for the day today

Well, I may get back on track as I now have both again too again today as mum has a migraine- she's not suffered before, but her dad (Andy) used to have horrendous ones.

And Sunnyday I do have to add my granddaughter LOVEs your avator (not sure if that's the correct word)

On 30/05/2024 at 07:50, Froglet said:

Well up here, it's definitely Thursday and possibly a day for not just a cardi but full thermals and a hot water bottle!  I'm tempted to put the fire on and make hot chocolate...

... I may have just cranked the heating a little... 🙀

• Like 1

Think we might need it here too.  Already regretting moving my winter vests to the spare room 🤣😩🥶

• Like 1

On 30/05/2024 at 11:50, louby loo said:

And Sunnyday I do have to add my granddaughter LOVEs your avator (not sure if that's the correct word)

I am so chuffed!

Have said before that I think your granddaughter is my sort of girl!

• Love 1

On 30/05/2024 at 12:48, Cait said:

Think we might need it here too.  Already regretting moving my winter vests to the spare room 🤣😩🥶

My winter vests only get put away 14th- 18th August!!! ...🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good morning -'tis Friday!

Waiting for my two littlest grandchildren to be delivered to me - wonder what we can find to do today - such a shame that the weather is so awful, tipping down here.

Have a lovely weekend x

• Like 1

On 31/05/2024 at 09:12, sunnyday said:

Good morning -'tis Friday!

Waiting for my two littlest grandchildren to be delivered to me - wonder what we can find to do today - such a shame that the weather is so awful, tipping down here.

Have a lovely weekend x

Well, the highlight of my week is - today I'm having afternoon tea with princesses. (possibly disney?- but I hope not!)  It's such a shame about the weather because it's at a lovely hotel and it did/does include outdoor activities with the mini princesses attending.

• Like 2