Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 07/11/2023 at 11:42, SueFinanceManager said:

Ok ..... I must be going soft in my old but go for it .... fill your Merry little Christmas stockings with talk of all things Christmas! 

💗🎄🎅

Goodness me, what on earth is going on? Sue, I cannot believe you have caved under pressure from this lot to allow mention of c*******s in November! I’m logging out dissatisfied, disappointed and appalled!! Xxx

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Good morning - 'tis Friday!

Have we all settled down now? 🤦‍♀️😂

My beautiful youngest grandson turned 6 on Wednesday - how did that happen - lovely little family celebration for him on the day and then he has his party with friends after school today!

Big week coming up for Mr S - Monday he goes up to London for some more tests and then next Friday he has a video call with the surgeon - please keep everything crossed for him.

My poor sister is still in hospital in Brighton - she was hoping to be transferred to our local hospital but sadly there seems to be another infection - I am so worried for her it would be so cruel if after all her ops they have to amputate.

Anyway that's enough about the poorly people - hope my Friday Friends are all good and that the weekend is kind to all x

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 10/11/2023 at 08:33, sunnyday said:

Have we all settled down now? 🤦‍♀️😂

My beautiful youngest grandson turned 6 on Wednesday - how did that happen - lovely little family celebration for him on the day and then he has his party with friends after school today!

Big week coming up for Mr S - Monday he goes up to London for some more tests and then next Friday he has a video call with the surgeon - please keep everything crossed for him.

My poor sister is still in hospital in Brighton - she was hoping to be transferred to our local hospital but sadly there seems to be another infection - I am so worried for her it would be so cruel if after all her ops they have to amputate.

Anyway that's enough about the poorly people - hope my Friday Friends are all good and that the weekend is kind to all x

It ceratinly is Friday AGAIN!!

Fingers crossed for Mr S, and I really hope your sister is sorted out soon.  Not sure of the 'lay-of-the-land' for you,  but at least getting her to a hospital close to family and friends would make everyone feel better including your sister I would imagine- so fingers crossed for that too.

Time does go so fast though, I cant believe my GD will be 4 soon... and then off to school in Sept!🙀  

• Like 1

Will certainly be keeping everything crossed for Mr S and for your poor sister.

Another week has come and gone, I really don’t know how the time passes so quickly from one week to the next. Nothing exciting planned here for the weekend apart from getting to grips with an air fryer that has just been delivered. I’m sceptical, but everyone assures me I will love it and never look back!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend and the weather stays dry for the remberance services taking place. Xx

• Like 1

On 10/11/2023 at 16:08, zigzag said:

Another week has come and gone, I really don’t know how the time passes so quickly from one week to the next. Nothing exciting planned here for the weekend apart from getting to grips with an air fryer that has just been delivered. I’m sceptical, but everyone assures me I will love it and never look back!

Oooh - I would love to know how you get on with the air fryer 

Crumbs I seem to have lost a whole week, how has that happened 🤷‍♀️and now all this Christmouse talk, I’ll have to dust my outfit down soon🎄 

All the end of term stuff seems to be hurtling at me like a high speed train 😳

Have a good weekend all, hope the air fryer experience is a good one, and if not you can put it in the ‘why did I think I wanted that’ cupboard along with the bread maker, sandwich toaster, Forman grill, coffee machine and that thing from pampered chef for chopping stuff up……or is that just me 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/11/2023 at 16:08, zigzag said:

Nothing exciting planned here for the weekend apart from getting to grips with an air fryer that has just been delivered. I’m sceptical, but everyone assures me I will love it and never look back!

On 10/11/2023 at 17:11, Mouseketeer said:

Have a good weekend all, hope the air fryer experience is a good one, and if not you can put it in the ‘why did I think I wanted that’ cupboard along with the bread maker, sandwich toaster, Forman grill, coffee machine and that thing from pampered chef for chopping stuff up……or is that just me 🤣

I have to say my air fryer is the one item that has stayed out!  It get used at least every other day, they do take getting used to though - and they may not be for people who like to cook everthing from scratch.  Mine is only a cheap one, although i am seriously thinking of upgrading if/when this cheap one dies!

(note: I also have a soup maker I love too! )

• Like 2

On 11/11/2023 at 11:35, sunnyday said:

Just back from service at our village war memorial - nice to see a few more people attending this year - as ever, I find the act of remembrance so moving and even more so this year with such unrest in the world...

We will be attending the service in our village tomorrow. My son is part of the parade and I must admit to being a proud Mum seeing him in his smart Coastguard uniform. Tomorrow he will also be wearing my darling Dads Korean War medals. My Dad always used to wear them on remberance Sunday so I know he will be looking down very proudly.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

On 11/11/2023 at 16:17, zigzag said:

We will be attending the service in our village tomorrow. My son is part of the parade and I must admit to being a proud Mum seeing him in his smart Coastguard uniform. Tomorrow he will also be wearing my darling Dads Korean War medals. My Dad always used to wear them on remberance Sunday so I know he will be looking down very proudly.

That is very special x

• Love 1

...I'm back - but not with the good news that I was hoping to share about Mr S - still nothing 'set in stone' - more tests needed next week - he has to go up again on Wednesday...

My current mantra 'it is what it is'

Hope that everyone has had a good week and that the weekend is kind to all x

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 17/11/2023 at 12:05, sunnyday said:

...I'm back - but not with the good news that I was hoping to share about Mr S - still nothing 'set in stone' - more tests needed next week - he has to go up again on Wednesday...

My current mantra 'it is what it is'

Hope that everyone has had a good week and that the weekend is kind to all x

So sorry to hear you didn't get the news you were hoping for.  Fingers crossed it still may come - maybe taking longer than youwished for xx

• Like 1

On 24/11/2023 at 07:56, sunnyday said:

I have big news - Mr S is going into hospital on Tuesday and will be having his operation on Wednesday 

It is all becoming very real now...

Hope everyone is okay and that the weekend is kind to all x

Great News

Another week flown by... I'm off on a short break next week.

Next Friday will be the !st Dec!!!!! Can you believe it 🙀

• Like 1

On 24/11/2023 at 15:33, louby loo said:

Great News

Another week flown by... I'm off on a short break next week.

Next Friday will be the !st Dec!!!!! Can you believe it 🙀

Ooh where are you going Louby?

I forgot to say that I have two granddogs here for the weekend - choc lab and golden retriever - lovely boys ❤️

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Great news Sunnyday, so pleased to hear it!

I’m having a chilled hour catching up on Bake Off before a manic day of schoolwork as tomorrow I’m spending the day with my sister and her family - they’re taking me to see The Nutcracker as my birthdays present!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I have big news - Mr S is going into hospital on Tuesday and will be having his operation on Wednesday 

thinking of you both xxxxxxxxx

• Like 1

Sunnyday that is great news. Will be thinking of you both and hope it goes well. Xxx

• Like 1

On 29/11/2023 at 14:11, sunnyday said:

Just to say...

Mr S is through the op and in recovery, will be moved to HDU shortly as expected, thank you so much for all of your good wishes x

Fantastic news. Will keep you both in my thoughts xx 

• Like 1