Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

4 hours ago, Cait said:

Not really, unfortunately.  One of the carers rang her GP yesterday and they said that they’ll come as soon as they are able to.  It’s just yet another demonstration of poor organisation.  We keep reassuring her that she won’t be forgotten, but when everyone else was done last week, it really looked as though she had been!  She’ll be making the local news soon perhaps as the last 87 year old to be done! 

there was a report on TV to say any over 70 that hadn't been vaccinated should contact and book an appointment with the NHS if that's any help? 

Until now the NHS has asked people to wait until they are contacted to help ensure that those who are most vulnerable are protected first – and that remains the case for most people.

However, to ensure absolutely everyone is offered the vaccine, people aged 70 and over can now contact the NHS so they can be vaccinated by the middle of this month.

The easiest way to arrange a vaccination is through the national booking service which can be accessed at www.nhs.uk/covid-vaccination.

The system allows patients to choose a time slot and location that suits them.

Anyone unable to book online can call 119 free of charge, anytime between 7am and 11pm seven days a week.

Edited by blondie
  • Like 1

I suspect this is going to be patchy depending upon where one lives my OH said it was a very slick operation from beginning to end at the vaccine centre today.  Against my wishes, he tried to give up his place for me to go, the surgery wasn't having any of it.   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Panders said:

I suspect this is going to be patchy depending upon where one lives my OH said it was a very slick operation from beginning to end at the vaccine centre today.  Against my wishes, he tried to give up his place for me to go, the surgery wasn't having any of it.   

Oh Mr Panders ❤️ 

Which vaccine did he have?

1 hour ago, zigzag said:

My Dad is 89 and housebound and the nurses from the surgery came to the house to give him his vaccine.

The problem seems to be that her practice is still waiting for authorisation to carry the vaccine.   (No, I don’t understand that either, it’s a really big practice)

7 minutes ago, Cait said:

The problem seems to be that her practice is still waiting for authorisation to carry the vaccine.   (No, I don’t understand that either, it’s a really big practice)

Yes, I've been thinking about this - my MIL is 89 she is thankfully still mobile, Mr S had to take her to a vaccination hub about 12 miles away as her GP is not carrying out vaccination, my guess is that if she was housebound she would still be waiting.....

1 hour ago, Panders said:

Pfizer - goes back in April.   Has anyone else been made aware that women show more side effects to vaccines than men?

Well Andy got offered his today by txt, and is now booked for tomorrow afternoon!

My 83 yr old staff member had her yesterday, we asked if any side effects and she said none :).... although that said she could have a leg hanging off and still say she's fine!!!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

Well Andy got offered his today by txt, and is now booked for tomorrow afternoon!

My 83 yr old staff member had her yesterday, we asked if any side effects and she said none :).... although that said she could have a leg hanging off and still say she's fine!!!

Oh my goodness..... I've just aged the poor woman by 10 years!!!!    She 73!!! 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Panders said:

Pfizer - goes back in April.   Has anyone else been made aware that women show more side effects to vaccines than men?

I haven't heard this but i am hearing of reactions to the Oxford jab. My son is a police officer and they are not getting any sort of priority in the vaccination list - (even though he is coughed or spat at with great regularity followed by the comment 'I've got COVID'). A local vaccine centre had spare vaccines due to cancellation or people not turning up, they phoned the police control room and offered them to officers rather than waste the vaccine. My son was one of the lucky ones but he has been really poorly - now day 3 post jab and starting to feel vaguely human. I personally know of 11 people who have had pfitzer jab and between them only 1 slightly sore arm and no other symptoms. 3 people including my son who had Oxford jab and all been quite unwell for a few days.

• Sad 1

My Mum had the Pfizer jab and was absolutely fine, no side effects.  My son (aged 20) had the Oxford jab and was really unwell for a week. I put this down to him having had glandular fever in the past and his rubbish immune system but on his return to work a big proportion of the care home staff and residents had side effects.  We were then so worried about Dad having this jab in his frail state, but he had no side effects whatsoever.

I think it’s awful that the police force have no had their jabs working on the front line like they do, I was shocked to hear this the other day.  I am hoping that the Coastguards receive theirs sooner rather than later, as my son has to be in close contact with anyone that they rescue.

52 minutes ago, zigzag said:

My Mum had the Pfizer jab and was absolutely fine, no side effects.  My son (aged 20) had the Oxford jab and was really unwell for a week. I put this down to him having had glandular fever in the past and his rubbish immune system but on his return to work a big proportion of the care home staff and residents had side effects.  We were then so worried about Dad having this jab in his frail state, but he had no side effects whatsoever.

I think it’s awful that the police force have no had their jabs working on the front line like they do, I was shocked to hear this the other day.  I am hoping that the Coastguards receive theirs sooner rather than later, as my son has to be in close contact with anyone that they rescue.

So sorry to hear you son had such a nasty reaction. Fingers crossed for all the coastguards out there that they get vaccinated ASAP.

13 hours ago, Panders said:

I hadn't heard that either. Funnily enough- I had a 'heavy' arm for a couple of days and by the evening of the following day really felt quite rough. However a good nights sleep, couple of paracetamol and I felt fine after 12 hours of sleep! My husband was fine- not even a sore arm. However I was like this after the flu jab- in fact worse. Really sore arm, large red hot lump at the site & extremely achy for 2/3 days. He was fine- he says its because my immune system is really good & therefore fights it all like mad, whereas his is rubbish and just accepts anything!😀😀

• Like 2

It's Friday!

Really interesting to read the comments about the Oxford vaccines - I had reached the same conclusion myself - Mr S had a bad reaction as did everyone else that I know who had that jab (apart from my deputy's husband who has no side effects at all) all family and friends who got the Pfizer one sailed through....

Hoping that I might 'get the call' soon 🤞

Well it's certainly is Friday not even midday - but it been a long day already!

We did not open today as I decided it's just far  too cold in hall, not one parent moaned (mind you only 4 anyway) 

Just relaxing and watching This Is Us, and I get the dreaded phone call from daughter in tears .... the baby (well one year old) has cut her finger and it won't stop bleeding- daughter totally distraught.

Quick over the phone assessment and I work out it's not an A&E job.  I say I'll be straight over, she lives a bout 15-20 away, one junction up the motorway so if can be quicker is road clear.. get there and my daughter is covered in blood.... grandchild happily watching TV on mum's lap-  tissue covering the cut.  I remove the tissue and look for the cut - it's tiny!!  to be honest not even sure if it warranted a plaster. I dressed it anyway, and my daughter just hugged me crying.  I think her mental health is really at straining point now 😢. My daughter is the 'go to person' in emergencies and I really was expecting far worse.  

Anyway- sod the virus I stayed there, we cuddled 🙀!!!!  We sat snuggled up and watched This is Us together while the baby played :):):)

Andy has his jab yesterday and seems ok today. 🤞

• Like 2

I've been very fortunate - I have been in the bubble with my son and his partner for childcare to their 1 year old daughter.   We have all been excessively careful where we go, who we might possibly mix with, we all do click and collect shopping etc.    I have not been denied cuddles.    My older 2 grand daughters we haven't seen very much of, their mum is in a risky category so it's an end of the garden job or  facetime with them.    You undoubtedly did the right thing Louby Lou.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Panders said:

I have just had a text from a friend who tells me that  "today's date is both a palindrome and an ambigram.  Which mean you can read the date from left to right and right to left and also upside down!    12022021

I love things like that!

50 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Happy half term to all to all you term timers...though we all know it’s just a weeks free work mostly I hope you all manage some down time.

Who’s been following the vaccinations for EY staff fiasco? Has anyone tried to book? 

EYA sent a load of stuff about this yesterday....seems it appears to be a mistake that we were included !😬

Looks like lots booked, some have been turned away and some say they got them no problem today, I haven’t bothered trying to book one but do wish you could add your name to a list if they have any that will be wasted at the end of the day, I know of a few random people having them who have been in the right place at the right time....we are little than 5 mins from a vaccination hub but more than an hour from a test station 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Mouseketeer

1 hour ago, Mouseketeer said:

Happy half term to all to all you term timers...though we all know it’s just a weeks free work mostly I hope you all manage some down time.

Who’s been following the vaccinations for EY staff fiasco? Has anyone tried to book? 

I'm not far off the age group, and I keep thinking 'do it. do it'. quickly followed by 'don't be silly,  it's a mistake - wait your turn!' 

• Like 1

On 31/01/2021 at 21:06, Panders said:
  • Well this evening I watched The Light Between Two Oceans on BBC iplayer films.    Beautifully filmed, great story, Michael Fassbender and Alicia Vikander, thoroughly recommend it.

I watched this last night.  I wasn't sure when it first started, but glad I continued, such a moving film.

I'm doing well with my TV watching. I'm now watching Firefly Lane.