Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

2 hours ago, Cait said:

How on earth is it Friday again already!  This is ridiculous! 

I am with you Cait!

Just wanted to send a virtual hug to those who aren't feeling too good, have poorly laptops or other things troubling them.

I have had a pretty good week - the weekend was deliberately just 'chilling' then on Monday I went in to school and had a really productive day.  Tuesday I was at home but also had a productive day on school work.  Wednesday and Thursday and so far today not so much!  I have just focused on being cosy - I've crocheted a fox for my autumn window display and am now working on a couple of pumpkins.  I really must do some more work as I want a school free week next week but I need to give myself a good talking to first!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

well what a week that was......I had a "significant" birthday, the children are still feral, the staff are exhausted, the parents seem to have more problems with conforming to boundaries than the children....all in all a well earned half term break....Hoorah!  Time to recharge the batteries and prepare for the festive season.   Biggest bain of our lives at the moment.....people emailing me "questionnaires" about what is the most stressful thing we are dealing with at the moment....."well my dears it will be all those civil servants emailing me asking what the biggest stress is at the moment"......still good news is as its Oct half term I also get to bake the Crimbo cake and that means I can open the sherry...cheers! ......ps do you think we've been working too hard?   #asking for afriend!😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, enuffsenuf said:

well what a week that was......I had a "significant" birthday, the children are still feral, the staff are exhausted, the parents seem to have more problems with conforming to boundaries than the children....all in all a well earned half term break....Hoorah!  Time to recharge the batteries and prepare for the festive season.   Biggest bain of our lives at the moment.....people emailing me "questionnaires" about what is the most stressful thing we are dealing with at the moment....."well my dears it will be all those civil servants emailing me asking what the biggest stress is at the moment"......still good news is as its Oct half term I also get to bake the Crimbo cake and that means I can open the sherry...cheers! ......ps do you think we've been working too hard?   #asking for afriend!😜

Definitely time for a rest and belated happy birthday!

I think everyone has already covered everything I was going to say!

We made it to half-term - yay! :lol:

I am now worrying about why I haven't got a long TDL - what have I forgotten/ would should I be doing? 🤷‍♀️

I have loads of 'domestic' jobs that I would like to get done this week, but I will just see how it goes, certainly not going to put myself under any pressure!

Oh and a belated Happy Birthday enuff

• Like 3

I have never felt so shattered this early in the year 😳 I guess it could be an age thing, but all the staff seem to feel the same. I'm guessing it the constantly being on a high state of alert.

I've given up on a TDL this half term. Update the registers and that's about it I'm afraid.

Sending postive vibes for those full yearers - you have my utmost admiration this year! 🏆

• Like 3

15 hours ago, louby loo said:

I have never felt so shattered this early in the year 😳 I guess it could be an age thing, but all the staff seem to feel the same. I'm guessing it the constantly being on a high state of alert.

I've given up on a TDL this half term. Update the registers and that's about it I'm afraid.

Sending postive vibes for those full yearers - you have my utmost admiration this year! 🏆

I think it’s been mentally exhausting (and age in my case too on the physical side), I find myself questioning every decision I make over and over which is different from the ‘I’ve made the decision, these are the reasons and if it doesn’t work out I’ll put my hand up and say that was the wrong call’ attitude I usually adopt, I guess because the stakes are higher.

I also have a TDL a mile long for half term catch up but most won’t happen as I have to put the building back to normal first, which is a daunting thought 🥺

Try and get some ‘you’ time everyone on HT this week, easier said than done I know and as you say loony (oops Louby) hats of to those of you working through  🏅 

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Mouseketeer said:

I think it’s been mentally exhausting (and age in my case too on the physical side), I find myself questioning every decision I make over and over which is different from the ‘I’ve made the decision, these are the reasons and if it doesn’t work out I’ll put my hand up and say that was the wrong call’ attitude I usually adopt, I guess because the stakes are higher

So well put Mousie - the sense of responsibility is too much really

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 17/10/2020 at 13:31, sunnyday said:

I am ashamed to say that I made an enormous fuss about it - my gag reflex is ridiculous...……..and then I struggled to make up the box!

However, I do feel that it is our 'moral duty' to participate in research so would do it again in a heartbeat if asked

absolutely, although I would prefer a saliva test 😆

• Like 1

On 22/10/2020 at 17:53, Panders said:

I've had a week so far when few things have gone right, a sense of foreboding hovering and now water has got into my laptopo.O.  It's in a box surrounded by rice in the airing cupboard, I'm not hopeful.  Shame it's only 3 years old.

yAY!   All better now. Started it up this morning and working perfectly - better than I am 😆

• Like 3

I guess I am feeling better Sunnyday - such a relief the old lappie is back to normal - son is very happy too - kept saying he would get me a new one as "technically" it was his fault, he dropped a bottle of water on the countertop - but really although I use the lappie in the kitchen quite a bit, it's not really the place for it to be.   We would definitely had words about it if he had tried to get me a new one😆

The ID fraud is however still ongoing and as much as we try to support Mr. Panders that all will be well, he's still suffering.😞.  He has and is doing all he can to combat any fallout, but it's not knowing where it may come from next and hoping that companies where his details are being used by fraudsters have themselves good crime detection in place.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Panders said:

The ID fraud is however still ongoing and as much as we try to support Mr. Panders that all will be well, he's still suffering.😞.  He has and is doing all he can to combat any fallout, but it's not knowing where it may come from next and hoping that companies where his details are being used by fraudsters have themselves good crime detection in place.

This must be incredibly stressful for you both

Fell in love with a toy I saw on Instagram this morning. Thought can’t really justify that at the moment. So decided to make up 100 lucky squares and offer two prizes of boozy homemade Xmas puddings. (I make an amazing pudding!) Put this out on the pre-school messenger page and the village FB page. Have already sold 86 squares AND someone has donated an additional £50!  Love our village.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Fell in love with a toy I saw on Instagram this morning. Thought can’t really justify that at the moment. So decided to make up 100 lucky squares and offer two prizes of boozy homemade Xmas puddings. (I make an amazing pudding!) Put this out on the pre-school messenger page and the village FB page. Have already sold 86 squares AND someone has donated an additional £50!  Love our village.

Result!

Fantastic - well done you - so what toy is it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Result!

Fantastic - well done you - so what toy is it?

Saw it in action and thought my children would love that.  I love the flexibility of it and it will make a great addition to our construction and small world areas.

9F550189-1AF3-40FC-96DC-8E7151B7B97D.jpeg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Panders said:

sounds like we need this recipe too😂

More than happy to share, it’s an old family recipe that my Mum and Nana used.  Made one last year for an auction in the village and the lady who won it contacted me this year and pleaded with me to make another for her.  She makes decoupaged items so we have a barter system going!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, zigzag said:

More than happy to share, it’s an old family recipe that my Mum and Nana used.  Made one last year for an auction in the village and the lady who won it contacted me this year and pleaded with me to make another for her.  She makes decoupaged items so we have a barter system going!

I think I would like to live in your village...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, zigzag said:

Saw it in action and thought my children would love that.  I love the flexibility of it and it will make a great addition to our construction and small world areas.

9F550189-1AF3-40FC-96DC-8E7151B7B97D.jpeg

We had something similar - it was made from carpet tiles sort of stuff with jigsaw ends like Brio.   The children did like to use it, - we used to make cardboard box buildings etc. to go round it.   We talked about road safety etc.  have a great time with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zigzag said:

what a beautiful village you live in where everybody has time for everyone it seems.

A recipe would be great to see as I usually buy mine  (I know) but would love to make my own. xx

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zigzag said:

Great idea, it looks like a good resource, we are planning a big online raffle as we can’t do usual fundraising events this half term but have to sort the council licence out first to sell tickets so hopefully that will be just a quick submit the application, pay the fee and away we go 🙂 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

Great idea, it looks like a good resource, we are planning a big online raffle as we can’t do usual fundraising events this half term but have to sort the council licence out first to sell tickets so hopefully that will be just a quick submit the application, pay the fee and away we go 🙂 

spent much of this week sorting our raffle too (no xmas fair this year!). Our council allow us to do most stuff online so very quick. Raffle ticket printers also very quick ...slightly worried about asking for donations but most have been super so far.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

spent much of this week sorting our raffle too (no xmas fair this year!). Our council allow us to do most stuff online so very quick. Raffle ticket printers also very quick ...slightly worried about asking for donations but most have been super so far.

That’s good to hear, are you selling raffle tickets via a platform like PayPal? 

O I need a little moan - DIL said yesterday "we are going to do a little Halloween lunch on Saturday, we would love you to come", I wasn't sure that we could really and said that I would ask Mr S what he thought......we have been mixing with son, DIL and our two youngest grandchildren, but oldest grandson is down from Uni for a few days, obviously I really want to see him, but it feels risky for Mr S...….anyway, having established that DIL's mum wouldn't be there (she is lovely, I am really fond of her, but now is not the time to be mixing indoors), we threw caution to the wind and said "yes, thank you we will be there"

I was so looking forward to this, I haven't been anywhere all week (hardly been anywhere for months)

Just had an email from DIL to say "I'm so sorry, mum has just said, completely out of the blue, that she would like to come up on Saturday, and how good it would be to see you two"

So that's it, we can't go now

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

O I need a little moan - DIL said yesterday "we are going to do a little Halloween lunch on Saturday, we would love you to come", I wasn't sure that we could really and said that I would ask Mr S what he thought......we have been mixing with son, DIL and our two youngest grandchildren, but oldest grandson is down from Uni for a few days, obviously I really want to see him, but it feels risky for Mr S...….anyway, having established that DIL's mum wouldn't be there (she is lovely, I am really fond of her, but now is not the time to be mixing indoors), we threw caution to the wind and said "yes, thank you we will be there"

I was so looking forward to this, I haven't been anywhere all week (hardly been anywhere for months)

Just had an email from DIL to say "I'm so sorry, mum has just said, completely out of the blue, that she would like to come up on Saturday, and how good it would be to see you two"

So that's it, we can't go now

Ah sorry Sunnyday. It’s so hard isn’t it at the moment.  I have no words of wisdom or comfort to be able to give you but just wanted to at least respond.  Sending you a sanitised virtual hug.  😘