Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Early Years National Funding Formula Calculator

NickyR

So then, according to this calculator my funding rate will be going down, not up!! We are already losing out on the current rate, so I have no idea what we are going to do if it goes down and then also have to manage the 30 hours of funding too. :angry: :angry:

http://www.pre-school.org.uk/EYNFF

Feel for you NickyR. I have no idea how they can justify fees decreasing!! What on earth are they doing??? I would not offer 30 'free' hours......because you cannot afford it! Simples

• Like 2

Birmingham will be down 70p.

Just had overall rise of 62pto cover having to pay minimum wage of £7.85 in order to comply with funding conditions, and now this....goodbye folks, been nice knowing you

Birmingham will be down 70p.

Just had overall rise of 62p to cover having to pay minimum wage of £7.85 in order to comply with funding conditions, and now this....goodbye folks, been nice knowing you ?

I think it is important to remember that the PSLA calculator thing is an estimation not the actual figure that may be arrived at, as some posts appear to think it is. It is also based on a number of assumptions and uses key words like "PVI providers in your area may receive" (with may being the key word).

The figures given are estimations based on projections provided by DfE and these may go up or down, so I would say don't take what this details as being the rate you will end up with at this point.

Just for info, our local calculations come out with a figure higher than that which PSLA say providers may receive, but as with theirs ours is an estimation too. Expect real projections much later in the year.

I think it is important to remember that the PSLA calculator thing is an estimation not the actual figure that may be arrived at, as some posts appear to think it is. It is also based on a number of assumptions and uses key words like "PVI providers in your area may receive" (with may being the key word).

The figures given are estimations based on projections provided by DfE and these may go up or down, so I would say don't take what this details as being the rate you will end up with at this point.

Just for info, our local calculations come out with a figure higher than that which PSLA say providers may receive, but as with theirs ours is an estimation too. Expect real projections much later in the year.

The problem is "real projections much later in the year" will be far too late for a lot of settings to make an informed decision of what they can or can't afford to do and they will be rushed into making the wrong decisions. Our LA are hopeless at getting information out in advance so providers can plan!

• Like 3

Thank you Rebecca, this document is very useful.

I find the attached page (image) interesting..

We have a base rate .. of approx £4 per hour and then we have additional supplements. At the moment we get supplements for employing an Early Years Professional or QTS. The image does not mention anything about supplementing these professionals anymore. Also the document mentions a 10% cap on supplements. This would mean that only an additional 40p (approx) would be added.

Total £4.40 per hour. With all the supplements we get. We get more than this per hour now!

We get more due to the increase employing a QTS gives us. Also the supplement amounts are higher than the 40p

So not sure what to expect?!!

Edited by BroadOaks

When we first got EYPP to see if families qualified our parents were asked to tick a box if they qualified for FSM, however it didn't tell them what qualified them for the FSM. It hadn't dawned on anyone that unless you had someone at school already you wouldn't know.

I'm assuming the FSM will be in addition to EYPP?

Edited by lynned55

The terminology refers to eligibility for FSM but this gives you either EYPP for 3 -4 year olds or PP for children reception onwards in school. It is one amount of money, so you don't get FSM then more money for eypp. The income elements if eligible are the same, there are just some additions around looked after children and (in school) forces children. So if you have a family eligible on income grounds, they will still be eligible when they move to school.

Lynneed55, yes not all families would know this, particularly for the oldest child. So its quite important that if you have a child for which you are getting EYPP, that you discuss with parents, sharing this with the school when they move on so that school can then claim pupil premium for them.

Sadly this isn't yet seamless, but we can live in hope!

BroadOaks, yes the quality element is going, if these plans go ahead. I think plenty of people did respond about this in the consultation, but we await the response.

. The income elements if eligible are the same, there are just some additions around looked after children and (in school) forces children. So if you have a family eligible on income grounds, they will still be eligible when they move to school.

We have not found this to be true I'm afraid I currently have one family who have two children on FSM but their 3rd is with us and does not get any additional support.

Probably their circumstances have changed over time because if you look at the income criteria list they are identical.

However older children would continue to get PP under the 'ever 6' rule even if their circumstances do change as they will get it throughout their primary schooling. (Ie for 6 years). So even if their income increases they will still get it under the ever 6, but won't get it for new children because they are no longer eligible. Thats the only reason older children may get it and a younger child doesnt, that I can think of anyway (excepting an error of course). Maybe others can identify a reason I've omitted?

We have found that they don't remain eligible for EYPP during their time at pre-school because of multiple checks. One of our families was eligible for child in summer term but no longer meet the criteria so we will pobably lose EYPP for that child for Spring term and sibling will not be entitled this term. This is a family where dad does odd jobs etc and they go in and out of benefits. It's a minefield. We have learnt the hard way and we will not be spending any future money until it goes into our account - the following term! That's even if it appears on funding portal. It's a shame because these are exactly the children that EYPP is designed to help - delays with communication, PSED etc.

We have found that they don't remain eligible for EYPP during their time at pre-school because of multiple checks. One of our families was eligible for child in summer term but no longer meet the criteria so we will pobably lose EYPP for that child for Spring term and sibling will not be entitled this term. This is a family where dad does odd jobs etc and they go in and out of benefits. It's a minefield. We have learnt the hard way and we will not be spending any future money until it goes into our account - the following term! That's even if it appears on funding portal. It's a shame because these are exactly the children that EYPP is designed to help - delays with communication, PSED etc.

Yes and always being ready to jump on Government suggestions - 'as to how we could employ and afford to pay QTS': "by using Eypp payments" - was one bright idea quoted...........Ummm No! Next idea.....???

• Like 3

Yes and always being ready to jump on Government suggestions - 'as to how we could employ and afford to pay QTS': "by using Eypp payments" - was one bright idea quoted...........Ummm No! Next idea.....???

we currently only have one child who qualifies for EYPP, don't think £8 a week would cut the mustard!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)