Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's the weekend!

sunnyday

Cait insisted. She lent me hers, just in case I was required to hula down on the beach.

They are great for Hula-ing. I'm pleased it arrived safely. You don't have to use the snorkel and flippers if they aren't your colour!

• Like 2

Well Cait tbh I was rather taken aback when the parcel arrived that you had put the stiletto heel version of the flippers in, I thought you only used those on nights out, however, they make an excellent accessory to the ensemble, in fact, a passerby commented so,

• Like 3

They are great for Hula-ing. I'm pleased it arrived safely. You don't have to use the snorkel and flippers if they aren't your colour!

Aha - wondered where you were - now then - advice is needed about the webbed feet please - is it permanent - will it clear up when/if the weather does?

Oh and our little black and white furry friend has some further concerns - apparently she has started to waddle :o

Well Cait tbh I was rather taken aback when the parcel arrived that you had put the stiletto heel version of the flippers in, I thought you only used those on nights out, however, they make an excellent accessory to the ensemble, in fact, a passerby commented so,

Jolly good. I don't seem to need them here in Yorkshire, so feel free to hang onto them. I think you still have the wedge heel ones from last time - the lime green ones, or has Sunny got those?

Aha - wondered where you were - now then - advice is needed about the webbed feet please - is it permanent - will it clear up when/if the weather does? :o

Yes, the webs don't seem to be permanent, at all. A few weeks of dryness and they'll go. It's this strange light in the sky that's confusing me really, I seem to have to crease up my eyes all the time when I leave the house. Zebedee has done some research in the library, and apparently there's something we can buy called 'zun-glarzes' have you come across those? It's apparently a piece of coloured glass that you wear across your eyes! Magic! I'll have to give them a try. I'm also going to have to find additional uses for the wardrobe full of cagoules, wellingtons and waterproof trousers. I'll hang onto the waterproof ball gown, as that's useful in the chat room when we've had a few too many - well, I say 'we', but we all know who I mean!

• Like 4

Oh I needed the annual 'summer term madness' thread - thank you all!!

BTW While working on my TDL I thought about adding some new knitting projects. Balaclavas are always on the go but reading this I'm wondering if a knitted buoyancy aid or life ring might be a needed?

• Like 1

Haha, I thought that as soon as I posted! No, I mean on my knitted balaclava, please

Phew!! I thought you were about to uncover some kind of postcode lottery regarding special training in how to wear a buoyancy aid!!

Brim on the balaclava no problem - would you like me to add some corks in a sort of Aussie style? Might combine fly swatting with extra buoyancy?

• Like 1

Phew!! I thought you were about to uncover some kind of postcode lottery regarding special training in how to wear a buoyancy aid!!

Brim on the balaclava no problem - would you like me to add some corks in a sort of Aussie style? Might combine fly swatting with extra buoyancy?

Ooh now that's a thought! Good plan.

BTW While working on my TDL I thought about adding some new knitting projects. Balaclavas are always on the go but reading this I'm wondering if a knitted buoyancy aid or life ring might be a needed?

Did anyone else suffer the indignity of a knitted swimming costume - I can just about remember something along those lines, or maybe one of my parents had one - I definitely remember a rather snazzy ruched satin like one! Totally impracticable.

Could you put a brim on mine to keep the sun out of my eyes, please.

Sun! - Cait I'm not sure about this sun business for you - it's been a long time. Double thickness Froglet I think

Did anyone else suffer the indignity of a knitted swimming costume - I can just about remember something along those lines, or maybe one of my parents had one - I definitely remember a rather snazzy ruched satin like one! Totally impracticable.

Sun! - Cait I'm not sure about this sun business for you - it's been a long time. Double thickness Froglet I think

I too had a ruched yellow satiny ( although probably nylon) cozzie!

I think this sun is adding my brain somewhat. In fact I've got up in the night so I can see without my new dark glasses!

• Like 2

as the youngest of three I think I might have inherited my knitted cosie...but I did indeed have one and there is a photo of me somewhere on a freezing cold beach with it stretching down to my knees. Think I might have been in Scarborough !

• Like 1

Yes, the webs don't seem to be permanent, at all. A few weeks of dryness and they'll go. It's this strange light in the sky that's confusing me really, I seem to have to crease up my eyes all the time when I leave the house. Zebedee has done some research in the library, and apparently there's something we can buy called 'zun-glarzes' have you come across those? It's apparently a piece of coloured glass that you wear across your eyes! Magic! I'll have to give them a try. I'm also going to have to find additional uses for the wardrobe full of cagoules, wellingtons and waterproof trousers. I'll hang onto the waterproof ball gown, as that's useful in the chat room when we've had a few too many - well, I say 'we', but we all know who I mean!

Phew!

That's a relief - shhhh don't say it too loud but we might just have a glimpse of the golden orb here too - can't remember it's proper name now it's been so long :blink:

Hmmm - re your last sentence - no I certainly don't know who you mean :blink:

Walks away whistling and looking totally innocent.......

Edited by sunnyday

Oh yes please to the knitted buoyancy aid - purple to match my balaclava please :1b