Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's the weekend!

sunnyday

Loads of dancing needed, we have our beach morning on Monday!!

Ohwwwwww :( :angry:

no fair!

I wanna come <_<

Digbey and Finley and Roko (yes I have a third dog staying this week!!!! ARGGHHH) LOVE the beach ..they would keep all the children entertained :rolleyes: .....as long as they could have a sausage at the end! :1b

• Like 2

Do I get a sausage at the end, after all I am hula dancing and I look especially fetching with my wetsuit on under my hula outfit

So what exactly are you doing in a wetsuit in July !!!!!!

My challenge (from my neighbour (male of the species) who did NOT complete the challenge I hasten to add) was to swim once a month in the sea - bathers only NO wetsuits - the challenge was from April 2015 to March of this year. Thankfully it was one of the warmest winters on record although I will say that February was somewhat chilly with the sea temperature being just under 8 degrees !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

My challenge (from my neighbour (male of the species) who did NOT complete the challenge I hasten to add) was to swim once a month in the sea - bathers only NO wetsuits - the challenge was from April 2015 to March of this year. Thankfully it was one of the warmest winters on record although I will say that February was somewhat chilly with the sea temperature being just under 8 degrees !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o:o:o There is nothing on earth that would make me ever consider doing such a thing - brrrr - I don't do cold and I certainly don't do 'wet cold'

• Like 1

Cait insisted. She lent me hers, just in case I was required to hula down on the beach.

Now I feel very guilty about the way in which we used to mock dear Cait in her wetsuit and flippers - little did we know that we would ever need them for a Kentish summer :o

Also terribly worried - d'you think we might end up with webbed feet just like hers :blink: hmmm wonder if that little problem has sorted itself out since her move :blink:

• Like 1

I had lunch with my old Deputy, miss her a lot. Got a parking ticket we were that long chin wagging :o:o:o However, in my defence, I had wanted to pay by "parking app" but couldn't get a signal and had to rummage about for change for the machine, but still ....... just to see her was worth it.

Oh flip - that was an expensive lunch then :(

So absolutely no further on with the old TDL........

Yesterday afternoon my youngest granddaughter showed up for a visit - she is one now and OK I might be just a little biased but goodness she is cute :1b

Today I have been engaged in grass cutting and tennis watching - the grass cutting took twice as long as usual as it was really far too wet.......

Tennis was great though :rolleyes: much as I really like Novak I was secretly thrilled to 'get him out of the way' - clears the path a little for Andy! ::1a

Oh and I might have spent so long chatting on the phone with a dear friend that the battery ran out! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Far too late in the day now to even think about the TDL oh well there's always tomorrow.......or next week :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Now I feel very guilty about the way in which we used to mock dear Cait in her wetsuit and flippers - little did we know that we would ever need them for a Kentish summer :o

Also terribly worried - d'you think we might end up with webbed feet just like hers :blink: hmmm wonder if that little problem has sorted itself out since her move :blink:

Cant quite remember when it didn't rain at all during 24 hours - think we must resign ourselves to the webbed footed look. Must ask Cait for some advice on that - frankly I'm more concerned about the waddling, I don't have the posterior for waddling, might send out shock waves.

• Like 1

Oh flip - that was an expensive lunch then :(

Yes, an extra £25. if I can bring myself to pay it promptly or £50. if I dont!!!!! The more I think about it the crosser I get that I couldn't get a signal to pay by phone - I would have had a text reminder to either top up for an extra hour or 5 mins to get back to the car. Don't think I have a leg to stand on though.

Eh?

Are you making them from scratch or ironing a transfer on or what?

I need to know! :lol:

I iron on a transfer of a photo I have taken of all the leavers and then the staff all write messages on the back of the t shirt. It isn't without difficulty I might add - I always cock one or two up! Every year I say I'm not doing that again, but hey. I've also put their Learning Journeys into cloth bags and transferred a message onto those, it was cheaper than buying decorated carrier bags which I normally do. Got the bags cheap in Hobbycraft and the transfer sheets cheap in Tescos.

• Like 3

Arrived at beach in fog and rain which had cleared by the time children arrived! Couple dodgy moments throughout the morning, but hey ho children were soaking wet by that time from the rock pools anyway. Left the beach in blazing sunshine! Great morning, now going to take the dog to the beach as he knows that I went without him!! Great dancing forum friends!

• Like 4

Well just been to see Simply Red in Thetford Forest and not a single drop of rain. Excellent evening!! The dancing obviously worked and even carried over to the weekend. Many thanks.

Love Simply Red, in fact, I think they were entirely responsible for my third lovely son!

• Like 2

Love Simply Red, in fact, I think they were entirely responsible for my third lovely son!

:o Are you saying........no you can't be........are you saying that your third son is Mick Hucknall's love child :blink: :P :lol: :lol:

• Like 5