Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

30 providers withdraw from 30-hours pilot

Inge

WOW .....how stupid of York council to have top sliced it that much.....if the government are providing £4.88 of course!!!

Yeah right.....not sure Dave's got that much loose change in his pocket!!....and thats inc EYPP???? less we should forget!

Oh let's hope many more pull out - perhaps this could be the beginning of us all pulling out of offering the 15 hours too unless funding rates are increased to realistic levels

• Like 8

A coordinated withdrawal from the 15 hours plus settings refusing to engage with the 30 hours set up could force the government to rethink matters.

Junior doctors, parents withdrawing children from SATs and next, Early Years providers taking a stand. I hope this is the beginnig of the country telling the government what they think of their policies.

• Like 11

re comment from Finlay's maid:

I am led to believe York did not top slice - that is what they have been given by government and as I understand it the other EI areas have been given the same , where they are created 30 hour places. I also understand the rate is for the additional 15 hours only.

It has been stated many times,here and in other forums, the quoted £4.88 is a national average which includes London weighting areas.

As an example of this, government say the current national average for 2YO's is £5.10 - our LA gets (and gives) £4.95. London LA's get in excess of £6.

As you will know the proposed new national formula will dictate what each area will get and LA's will not be allowed to top slice (and not all do believe it or not) - this will then be the proof of the funding rate as set by government not individual LA's

re comment from Finlay's maid:

I am led to believe York did not top slice - that is what they have been given by government and as I understand it the other EI areas have been given the same , where they are created 30 hour places. I also understand the rate is for the additional 15 hours only.

It has been stated many times,here and in other forums, the quoted £4.88 is a national average which includes London weighting areas.

As an example of this, government say the current national average for 2YO's is £5.10 - our LA gets (and gives) £4.95. London LA's get in excess of £6.

As you will know the proposed new national formula will dictate what each area will get and LA's will not be allowed to top slice (and not all do believe it or not) - this will then be the proof of the funding rate as set by government not individual LA's

interesting are any users on here doing the 30 hour trial and can give us their funding rate..it would be great to know...or can we get this information from other sources. I really can't see why, if you are trying to sell an idea, that under funding it to this extent would work ...either on the part of the lea or the DFE .

PS Finley is a finley not a FINLAY....he gets very grumpy if you get it wrong! :P ::1a

• Like 1

With our LA being one of the few that actually do pay a (in comparison to what i have seen) decent funding rate, I was wondering what all the fuss was about. I have now come to realise the variations in funding amounts per LA!!! It is ridiculous and I actually wonder how much is being sliced off in some areas?!

The rate we get being a full time PVA - includes a average base rate, but with many supplements for opening over 10 hours per day and 50weeks per year, and for deprivation and also for employing a QTS - so naturally the 30 hours funding is very much welcomed if at this same rate. Although the more I think about it, I have come to realise 30 hours will not mean double the funding! it will mean doubling the base rate.. thus lowering the overall rate.

So yes it is therefor a much needed cause to increase the funding base rates.. and especially for the settings that are already getting a terrible deal!! :(

So let's do this!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So you withdraw from offering "free" provision and the rate goes up - umm now there's an idea. Whilst this is a better rate than initially offered for York providers I doubt it covers their costs however.

Also this one has popped up showing how having the 30 hours with these qualifying criteria may widen the gap by reducing the number of spaces available to funded 2 year olds and those 3 and 4 year olds who only qualify for 15 hours.

Now I'm sure that this net reduction of available places that the 30 hours would cause was mentioned on here many moons ago!!!!

http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/nursery-world/news/1157483/30-hours-childcare-risks-widening-the-gap-in-the-early-years

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)