Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Hand Gel

Hi

I would like to start using hand gel for parents and children when they enter the setting, like you do when you come into the doctors surgery. I was wondering if anyone already did this in their setting and if so could they recommend a supplier. I am looking to keep the cost as low as possible!

Thanks

30 children coming in from outside,30 hats,30 coats,60 gloves,2 sinks and dinner on the table waiting means we can get their hands all clean in a few minutes instead of waiting while 3 go into toilet at a time to wash their hands....normal times they wash their hands with soap and water....is non alcohol....

Hi

Currently undertaking ITERS quality assessment. Under health it has been shown that good hygiene practices reduces infection in settings. One aspect of this is for a hand gel to be in the entrance hall the same as when you enter the doctors surgery.

I have to say I was sceptical but the results are and well worth the effort. If it means less bugs going around and less sick children and staff count me in!

We use baby wipes for hand washing before snack and lunch , antibacterial suppresses immunity and IMO a bit of dirt don't hurt!

Good teaching of personal hygiene , coughing into elbows not hands ,unfortunately a lot of this gets lost at school as I have been horrified when going into infants toilets .

But each to their own , we practise good hygiene but won't be going down the spray before you stay route .

• Like 1

Soap and warm water for us. We do have some alcohol free hand gel but mainly for one adult <_< . We have used it when children are mastering that last skill of toileting training (bottom wiping! :wacko: ) Quick squirt once they have washed their own hands. :ph34r::ph34r:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)