Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Happy New Year

Rea

I wont be around for New Year, I'm off to Butlins at Minehead for a few days with a group of friends so I'm going to wish you all a very happy, loving, healthy, entertaining, adventurous, easygoing 2016 now.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ::1a ::1a ::1a ::1a ::1a ::1a ::1a ::1a ::1a ::1a

• Like 1

Time to start think about those New Year resolutions :blink: mine will be all about 'being more organised'! :blink: ::1a

Resolutions for 2016

1: Try and keep on top of everything!

2: To find the fun in my job again.

3: Do my best for everyone, but remember you cannot please everyone all of the time!

4: Most importantly for me, don't worry about things that may never happen.

• Like 4

Ah but that's the problem - I am super skilled at planning what I need 'to do' - just not so good at actually getting on with it! :lol:

You and me both! I think my resolution should probably be about finishing what I started and fighting against perfectionism!

• Like 1

Happy New Year everyone - here's hoping for a peaceful 2016.

New Year's Resolution to be more relaxed about the little things was severely tested this morning when Granddaughter (3y 1mnth) decided to 'help' by 'tidying up' the as yet unfinished Christmas jigsaw. Very proud that I managed to smile and hastily redirect her attention!

Froglet - hope you're properly rested and ready for your new challenge - hope it goes well.

Absolutely - and sticking to just one task at a time - I am so easily sidetracked :blink: :lol:

Yep, me too!

Happy New Year everyone - here's hoping for a peaceful 2016.

New Year's Resolution to be more relaxed about the little things was severely tested this morning when Granddaughter (3y 1mnth) decided to 'help' by 'tidying up' the as yet unfinished Christmas jigsaw. Very proud that I managed to smile and hastily redirect her attention!

Froglet - hope you're properly rested and ready for your new challenge - hope it goes well.

Thank you! Lovely of you to remember. I have taken the whole of the time since Christmas Eve off. Lots of sleep and relaxing. I'm trying not to think about it too much to be honest. I'm as ready as I can be; I know how to teach and I know I can do the leadership stuff but oh I am going to miss colleagues and friends and the comfort of familiarity so much. Am so hoping that people stay in touch... I am not good at new things!

I am though going to try to make and stick to some good resolutions about the hours I work at school (and at home doing school stuff) and staying focused on things is part of that. A new setting where no one knows the way I work currently is a good thing for that I think.

• Like 1

Good luck Froglet!!! Will you still be dropping in to see us all??

Absolutely! Couldn't do without you lot too! Actually that reminds me I do need to sort membership out as I'm moving to an LA which doesn't have a membership. I'm also technically moving out of Early Years but the school I'm going to has a big emphasis on structured play and I also hope that some of my experiences might be valuable to people on here. I have learned so much from this forum and it has been the best place for keeping me up to date with the latest EY happenings and giving me a broader perspective on EY in general. I know that will be valuable in my new role and eventually I'll probably move back to an EY environment in some form or other!

Besides - you lot are the most enthusiastic about eating my cake! ;)

• Like 4

All good wishes from me too young froglet - are you taking cake in on your first day? :1b

Thank you! As for the cake - probably not! I had been pondering the cake thing - I might have to ease up on the baking. It's a much bigger school - twice as many children and I think at least 4 times as many staff. At the moment I can make a tray of muffins or biscuits or an ordinary cake and take it in knowing that everyone will get a piece. At the new place I don't think I can - cake baking might have to be planned much more in advance. That will probably be better for both my waistline and focusing resolutions! ;):ph34r:

• Like 1

Thank you! As for the cake - probably not! I had been pondering the cake thing - I might have to ease up on the baking. It's a much bigger school - twice as many children and I think at least 4 times as many staff. At the moment I can make a tray of muffins or biscuits or an ordinary cake and take it in knowing that everyone will get a piece. At the new place I don't think I can - cake baking might have to be planned much more in advance. That will probably be better for both my waistline and focusing resolutions! ;):ph34r:

Cool - all the more for your forum friends then! ::1a

• Like 2