Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Yippee it's snowing

Panders

Here in the Far East (well, Suffolk) it's freezing, blowing a gale and raining. Even our nursery hens didn't want to come out this morning.

Oooh - you have 'nursery hens' - how wonderful..........I have hen envy now.......

Flippin' freezing here too - a day for some (well just a little bit) paperwork catch up and then book and TV with the wood-burner methinks :1b

• Like 1

but later it is out to the seafront for fireworks and a walk around town to see the lights.. need to wrap up lots - dug out the woolly hats and scarves..

Oh sounds lovely - I do like a 'wild' seafront! :1b

Have cleaned behind my fridge - just thought I'd share that - it being an extraordinary event! xD

• Like 3

Oh sounds lovely - I do like a 'wild' seafront! :1b

Have cleaned behind my fridge - just thought I'd share that - it being an extraordinary event! xD

Is that why Inge's got fireworks?! ;) Am beginning to wish I'd never mentioned chocolate cake now - I really want to make one. Either that or scones with jam and cream. Or both... :ph34r:

• Like 2

I really haven't - I've been a good girl and sat at my dining table, doing the planning (and dreaming of cake!!) I would have done if I'd known though!

ok - I believe you - JM made scones for Carol Kirkwood, weather presenter, he put butter on, jam on (which he had just knocked up of course) and whipped double cream -if that lad isn't a heart attack in the making I don't know who is!

Bitterly cold now..

Fireworks are the ones for 5th November, but delayed,as always, they are dependant on the tide as they are placed on the beach..

and always after the Carnival which is in November for Bonfire celebrations as well .. didn't go that night it was absolutely pouring down, and all got very wet!

Has to be clotted cream with scones..

And in the midlands there is a clear blue sky and bright sunshine - very cold and blustery wind howling down the chimney though! Think it's going to be a spiced warm apple juice kind of day - any excuse!! ;)

Oooh, better hide my Whiskey and Stones Ginger wine then (my choice of winter warmer)!!..... I feel a New Year resoloution coming on! But I have been out in the Leicestershire countryside to blow away a few cobwebs.......very cold, I also feel winter coming on!

What is that? I don't understand what that means. Clean behind the fridge? I'm flummoxed! :blink: :D

Usually an extreme form of procrastination/displacement activity to be carried out only when avoiding things like exam revision/policy writing. Normally only undertaken once you have caught up on all the ironing, dusting and hoovering, written out your birthday cards for the next 3 months and 'decluttered' every wardrobe, drawer and cupboard you possess. I am a little worried about Sunnyday - methinks she had SEF writing on her TDL! ;)

• Like 5

Usually an extreme form of procrastination/displacement activity to be carried out only when avoiding things like exam revision/policy writing. Normally only undertaken once you have caught up on all the ironing, dusting and hoovering, written out your birthday cards for the next 3 months and 'decluttered' every wardrobe, drawer and cupboard you possess. I am a little worried about Sunnyday - methinks she had SEF writing on her TDL! ;)

Oooh - the very nerve of this post :o my SEF is well and truly up to date - so there!

But having said that - yes, pure procrastination - I had a letter to write for one of the village organisations that i am involved in - didn't feel at all 'inspired' and thought I would just do some very 'deep' cleaning instead - you know me too well young froglet xD

• Like 3

Actually - I am seriously amazed that the fridge was still working with the amount of grunge that I uncovered - well that's it done for the next ten years :ph34r:xDxDxD

See that's the sort of thing I would procrastinate over rather than use it as a 'procrastination task'! :1b

• Like 2

Oooh - the very nerve of this post :o my SEF is well and truly up to date - so there!

But having said that - yes, pure procrastination - I had a letter to write for one of the village organisations that i am involved in - didn't feel at all 'inspired' and thought I would just do some very 'deep' cleaning instead - you know me too well young froglet xD

That's precisely why I was worried about you - I was sure you'd updated your SEF recently and couldn't think of another obvious reason for braving behind the fridge! All is now clear!

• Like 2