Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Resources (aprons/gloves etc)

Hi Guys,

This seems a really odd question but i was wondering where everyone ordered there aprons/ gloves from from snack and nappy changing?

. I've ordered from a few different suppliers since we opened in feb but i've found some of the isposable ones on a roll are really thin (so you get breakages) and others are really expensive.

We use Gompels too.

I noticed that you said gloves/aprons for snack too? We do not use any gloves or aprons when handling snack. I was on a course to do with compliance, one of the people giving a talk was from environmental health and he said that they prefer people not to use them, all they need to do is wash their hands. He said that using gloves just makes people lazy, i did question the fact that we are changing nappies etc but he said that as we wear gloves and aprons for that then it didn't matter, all we need to do is make sure we always wash our hands before handling food.

• Like 1

We use Gompels too.

I noticed that you said gloves/aprons for snack too? We do not use any gloves or aprons when handling snack. I was on a course to do with compliance, one of the people giving a talk was from environmental health and he said that they prefer people not to use them, all they need to do is wash their hands. He said that using gloves just makes people lazy, i did question the fact that we are changing nappies etc but he said that as we wear gloves and aprons for that then it didn't matter, all we need to do is make sure we always wash our hands before handling food.

We don't use gloves for snack but we do use aprons as we are always getting craft, sand etc on tops so don't want it to drop on the food :)

• Like 1

we dont use gloves for food prep - but do nappies , cleaning sick etc we do ( also have a type 1 diabetic -so get through quite a few )

I found a great supplier at my local car boot sale - in the summer i bought enough boxes to last for months for about £1 each lol !

• 2 weeks later...

I did hear that from somewhere a long time ago wildflowers. I cant remember where now and must admit we dont do it. I would rather not and just wash my hands after. We get through so many pairs a day i cant beginthink of how many we would if we put gloves on for every nose wipe. I can think of quite a few of ours that if they had to wait for us to put gloves on would just 'cuff' it!

• Like 1