Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Milk Claim

Dear all,

We ordered milk from local farm shop at our nursery. We are looking to change the process to order it from the supermarket now to reduce costs. I was wondering if I can claim money back for milk from the council/government and if so, is the process trivial?

Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

We get our 'free' milk entitlement via Cool Milk - not sure if this helps? I don't know if you can claim back for milk you pay for as I've always had it direct.

Dear all,

We ordered milk from local farm shop at our nursery. We are looking to change the process to order it from the supermarket now to reduce costs. I was wondering if I can claim money back for milk from the council/government and if so, is the process trivial?

Thank you in advance.

This something you could always have done, regardless of where you buy it through the Nursery Milk Scheme.whereby they reimburse for liquid milk/infant formula supplied to children in day care under the age of 5 years. Their address is NMRU, Po BOx 504, Leicester LE94 0AE . Nursery Milk helpline 0844 991 4444 www.nurserymilk.co.uk e mail nurserymilk@MRM.co.uk

The form filling can be a bit of a pfaff, but it does allow a certain flexibility of where the milk is bought from, or delivered by you have 2 years to make your claims or you can claim each term, and on line I think you can claim monthly now too.

I buy our milk from a local shop for £1.30 for 4 pints and reclaim as above. I stopped using cool milk because of the amount per pint they charge the government (75p I think it was).

It's easy to claim the money online and they pay by BACS

Wow, I didn't know Cool Milk did this!

We've used them for a few years now and I've found it much easier than NMRU but I might think again.

We have ours delivered from the local dairy by the milkman by the way.

We did it ourselves for a similar reason, plus we only claimed for the amount we used. which was not always the full amount for every child each day, not all drank milk so we never used the full entitlement and saw no reason to ,did not want milk left at the end of a week..

• Like 1

Cool milk might charge 75p a pint, but my milkman charges me 81p a pint!!! (At home)

Trouble is he's local , in a village, and it's a service I feel needs supporting. What would happen to the older residents who can't just nip to the supermarket now our village shop has closed?

But at work it's cool milk because it's easy, except when the milk lorry breaks down on the first day back like today!

:)

• Like 2

We claim it from NMRU - it a very quick and simple process once the account is set up, the monthly claim takes five minutes and its paid by BACS within a couple of days. We have our milk delivered with the weekly shop from ASDA and we definitely save money on it.

Edited by GFCCCC

Cool milk might charge 75p a pint, but my milkman charges me 81p a pint!!! (At home)

Trouble is he's local , in a village, and it's a service I feel needs supporting. What would happen to the older residents who can't just nip to the supermarket now our village shop has closed?

But at work it's cool milk because it's easy, except when the milk lorry breaks down on the first day back like today!

:)

We use cool milk too and like conker we use our local milkman too a service I agree needs supporting