Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New premises

Hi all

We have finally found a new building to move to in September. We are hoping this will attract more children as its a lot more local. I have sent a eyo and ey2 form to ofsted and told the man at the church that we would like to move there. I have also told the 5 parents that have their child's names down for September.

What else do I need to do?

I am worried we are not going to be ofsted registered in time as I only submitted the forms on Friday and although she said we would be it depends on any hold ups. We have to completely revamp the garden as this is the current state of it!

post-35585-0-96178600-1433100734_thumb.jpg

Any advice is most welcome :1b

Very exciting times for you I'm sure. Do get something in writing with the church. Whether it be a lease or contract detailing everything you can and more importantly any things you cannot do.

Contact your LA development officer who should be able to advise too.

Get some flyers out there, maybe a banner showing you will be there soon.

Remember to let your insurance, companies house, charity commission and any other governing bodies know your change of address too.

As for the garden, try B&Q as I'm sure they support local groups with DIY projects.

What about asking your community for help too.:)

Wishing you every success. :)

• Like 1

Thank you Fredbear I will get onto the LA development officer in the morning and will ring the insurance. The church leader is currently writing up a year contract and is going to email it to me this week.

Banners, signs and leaflets are on order and we are holding a huge family fun day at our current premises on 13th June so we are going to make a big announcement then too.

Its very exciting but a worrying time too. We currently only have 5 children on roll for September so fingers crossed the move will get us lots more :1b

We had the issue of not being registered in time! there were delays and ofsted couldn't come in when we needed them to so we ended up opening for less than 2.5 hours a day ...which was fine....the parents were happy to have something!!! Just keep everyone informed all the way through ;)

• Like 1

A quick update.... I got a phone call yesterday to say they are ready to do our registration inspection, I only submitted the application on Friday! He said there will be a 6 week turnaround from now until the certificate arrives unless there is a problem at the inspection. They said it quicker because I am already the registered person for our current preschool and so it's only the address that's changing. The only problem we have is that the new room needs to be set up ready for the children in order for them to register it! This means taking a lot of our resources and equipment over to the new room for one day and then taking it back again to use until the end of term!

Getting exciting now!

• Like 5

Hi Klc 106

Just to say( unless thing have changed) when we had to move to another venue last Sept (small village hall) and had our registration inspection we didn't set up. We just sat in the empty room at a table with the lady and went through the Early Years Register: preparing for your registration visit doc. Wanted to look at staff qualifications, policies, LJ and asked the chair about safeguarding. Then she walked around looking at the toilet area, kitchen area and outside play area. She made a few helpful suggestions and in the end was satisfied. Said she would write out and submit her report, which would be looked at by others and a decision made. More or less said there and then we had passed, but we would have to wait until we received our certificate in the post before we could officially open. Took about 2 weeks I think?

Good Luck

Manor

• Like 1

A quick update.... I got a phone call yesterday to say they are ready to do our registration inspection, I only submitted the application on Friday! He said there will be a 6 week turnaround from now until the certificate arrives unless there is a problem at the inspection. They said it quicker because I am already the registered person for our current preschool and so it's only the address that's changing. The only problem we have is that the new room needs to be set up ready for the children in order for them to register it! This means taking a lot of our resources and equipment over to the new room for one day and then taking it back again to use until the end of term!

Getting exciting now!

That's interesting about you being the registered person - it's the same situation as per my other thread. Everything staying the same apart from the premises. Although we might actually be staying put now!!

• Like 1

Just looking through the comments above and want to share our problems opening a new setting last year.

We also had to be "up and running" before Ofsted would register us.. an empty room was not an option!! So not only did we have to negotiate on the 5 year lease - and make amendments at a huge expense to this lease arrangements, we had to spend a lot of money preparing our new Nursery BEFORE we could even get a registration from Ofsted!! A huge risk actually due to us being evicted from our previous setting due to greedy landlords!! So we NEEDED to be open within a timescale also!!

We managed to do it, but it seems Ofsted can make it difficult for some settings to even open! Yet i read comments above showing this is not the case for everybody!

Anyways GOOD LUCK and i hope all goes well.

• Like 1

Have experienced both, a premises inspection on a building site (practically) all good, but more recently told we have to show we are open ready so will be moving equipment, setting it up, then packing away until September. Ridiculous the inconsistencies!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So today I got a phone call and our registration inspection is on 6th July! I asked the inspector on the phone if the room has to be set up as if children were due in and she said showing her pics of our current setting and any plans we've made will be more than sufficient as she understands it would be awful trying to move everything for just one day!

Getting rather excited and nervous at the same time now!!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck. Really hope the move will kick things off for you.

I'm at the end of the first year in a three year contract and after everything going swimmingly so far have not gotten into hot water with the church. When they sent me draft terms these said I'd only need to clear hall for evenings it was being used. This then got dropped from the draft contract. I was arguing back and forth and then Father said to move things forward he would enter into a private agreement with me that I only had to clear hall when it was being used. So I naively signed contract. Now he says to me he can't do that and he's been advised by the diocese to stick to the lease - which I only signed because of his deal. I feel really duped!

Now wondering how I can get out of the contract. They have a building project planned (that was supposed to be completed by Easter 2014) which has run into problems so we have been using the garden - next to the building site with a temporary fence since around November. They have said that when work recommences that we will have no outside area to use. I'm hoping this will allow me to break contract.

So my advice to you is - if you haven't aIready done so is make sure your contract covers every eventuality.

Hope all goes well tomorrow!

Edited by MarshaD
  • Like 1