Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

OFSTED

Rea

They came today! :ph34r:

She's coming back on Monday too (Friday is half day) to talk about Management and leadership.

Management means me and committee, of which we have 3? 4? members, so now I've just re-recruited 2 people who have relevant CRB/DBS and EY2s but who left a while back. Cheeky but necessary! :rolleyes:

Leadership will be the new manager who has already been told by Mrs O that she shouldnt be working with the children but observing and monitoring staff!! :angry:

TA friend is making playdough for us to use in an activity which the 2 Yr R teachers have told us to do using their Lesson plan and learning objectives. :D

We cant fail. ;)

But if we do, we'll be joining the rather less than exclusive club of settings within a 5 mile radius of us who, since September have received inadequate or requires improvement. Looks like theres a pattern :blink:

Thanks Rafa :1b

Did I read somewhere that supervisions werent going o be necessary anymore? If so could someone point me to it please, this inspector has a bi of a bee in her bonnet about them from what I can see on other reports she's been involved in.

From one of those learn explore debate events, supervisions are definitely staying on the agenda even with the next new framework, due September.

So I would gave your records handy and be willing to talk about how effective they are

Good luck. Must be a real pain having to split it over the weekend

• Like 1

Well, not really a pain mundia, it means I can 'make' some minutes of ALL the committee meetings we've had! :rolleyes:

Whats this about another NEW framework??! :blink:

Not new really, Rea, as it's been on the agenda for a while. There will be a common inspection framework for early years, school, and further ed from September. Each will have its own handbook guidance but the 4 judgements will have the same titles. Further details due out soon, and pilots taking place over the coming months.

• Like 1

HI Rea, Sending good vibes for Monday hope it turns out well. We have had 3 inspections in our area very recently, two goods and an outstanding, so hoping that works for us too!

Heard about the new inspection framework at a meeting for EYPP today. There is a consultation doc out there to look at if you get a spare few hours!

• Like 1

Good luck!

We were last week, why are they splitting it over 2 days? Our inspector was with us for 3.5 hours on a Friday.

Supervisions were most definitely part of my inspection, as was our SEF - although committee run she didn't ask to see any minutes etc only their CRB/DBS evidence.

• Like 1

She said the Management and leadership part takes longer than Ofsted allow for!! I dunno :huh:

Our SEF is somewhere in the internet. They still havent sent the token for the new manager to access it and even had Mrs A as manager. Mrs A had left, then Mrs M had come, received token, then Mrs M left and Mrs S took over. :rolleyes:

My criteria for inspections is on another thread but in case you dont see it, this is it..

Parents happy? Tick

Children happy? Tick

Staff happy? Tick

Ofsted happy? See above

• Like 3

does seem strange splitting it across the weekend (or maybe it happens more than we hear) but at least you have the weekend to re-group your thoughts, and just clarify in your own mind where things are and what you want to ensure you tell them..and not wish you'd said something or showed them something when they've gone ...that's always me :/

Our committee were called for not having a clear understanding of their roles and responsibilities regarding the development of the setting, when in fact they were probably the best committee I've had over many years, pro-active with out taking over, carrying out appraisals, being involved with supervisions, having all their minutes in place and even attending training yet still it wasn't enough :(

good luck for monday

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Like 2

Leadership will be the new manager who has already been told by Mrs O that she shouldnt be working with the children but observing and monitoring staff!! :angry:

WHAT :o Not exclusively surely?

Well, not really a pain mundia, it means I can 'make' some minutes of ALL the committee meetings we've had! :rolleyes:

Rea - this gave me a much needed laugh out loud moment - go for it - happy 'minute making'! xD

Will be thinking of you on Monday and sending my very best positive vibes to you :1b

• Like 2

WHAT :o Not exclusively surely?

Rea - this gave me a much needed laugh out loud moment - go for it - happy 'minute making'! xD

Will be thinking of you on Monday and sending my very best positive vibes to you :1b

Yes Sunnyday, she really did try to dictate how our staff are deployed and change our job description at the same time. A feedback Monday I'll be sure to let her know how things work round here.

When manager asked if she would like me bought in O said 'I thought that would have been the first thing you'd have done!'

Lucky I dont work full time somewhere else then isnt it??

My paperwork is fab, newly printed with dog ears and coffee stains :rolleyes:

I dont often tell lies but when I do, they're to save other people (in this case staff jobs) and they are always fabulous :D

• Like 3

Yes Sunnyday, she really did try to dictate how our staff are deployed and change our job description at the same time. A feedback Monday I'll be sure to let her know how things work round here.

:( Well I really don't go much on that - I spend loads of time working directly with the children and intend to continue to do so.......

Ofsted inspections are supposed to be carried out over 6 hours. We are only open one full day per week and that is always the day they come. I can only imagine if you aren't open full days then they come over 2 days. Friday as the first day is MOST unfortunate!

• Like 1

Rea, I know you from way back just be yourself and you'll charm the birds out of the trees!

Thinking of you but know your capabilities. Nothing to worry about. X

All over! Today she was lovely, smiled a lot, talked about the positives, praised and joined in. Lesson plan borrowed from YrR teachers was good, dough was good, whole area was fab. I've volunteered to clean the Reception outdoor area as a thank you.

Overall I'm pretty pleased. I trawled the Ofsted reports within a 5 mile radius of us and not one since September has received a good or above, so I'm happy.

Points were haring information re: planning with childminders, informing Ofsted more robustly of changes to Committee and more monitoring of staff. Couldnt argue with any of it.

The only fly in the ointment was the really rude church hall woman who has never in 20 years been pleasant. She came in during feedback banging about, dragging tables and being extremely rude. Luckily Ofsted giggled with the rest of us at the immature behaviour but I ended up telling her off so within the next few months I have a feeling our rent will rise or we'll find a restriction to our useage :(

Next week we're meeting to discuss ways of operating without a committee so thats points more or less taken care of!

:D:D:D:D

• Like 5