Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Year Festivities and Thoughts

Cait

So, the old year is passing into memory, and a new one is opening up before us. I'm just about to start another five year diary, and realise with some alarm that this is my eighth! How did that happen!!??

The last one hasn't had so many joyous entries in and has been hard to re-read as I've been adding to it, so my promise to myself is to make this next one a much happier one, and try to find the happiness in each day.

Has anyone else made any promises to themselves?

• Like 3

No particular festivities planned. I intend to tidy a little this afternoon and start the year as I mean to go on! As for promises to myself Cait - I can't settle on anything but I think yours is a lovely one. I feel a little as if I should make some big, significant changes but I don't know what!

Happy New Year to you all! Thank you for your support, encouragement and listening ears over the last one and I hope I can offer some of that to the rest of you in the next. I hope that 2015 has many moments of joy, peace, excitement, pride, fun and happiness for you all!

• Like 2

I want to learn how to do something that isn't work related at all - I would like to learn how to sew!

My promise to myself and family is to NOT let playgroup keeping ruling my life - not sure how I'm going to achieve it though!

What sort of sewing do you have in mind? Embroidery? Sewing to make clothes?

I want to learn how to do something that isn't work related at all - I would like to learn how to sew!

h!

Ha!!! Now my promise to myself was/is to actually set up a sewing class- I've been saying I would do it for years :-)

Good thread Cait :-) I think it's always good to be a bit self reflective in our person lives.

Also like thumper, I'm going to make sure the pre-school is further down my list of priories this year. Difficult but I'm now feeling everyone is now taking all our goodwill and work for free a bit for granted (low funding=low pay, tonnes of paperwork, jumping through hoops yadda yadda yadda)

Xxx

• Like 1

Happy New Year, quiet time at home in front of the fire this year, very different to last year...

post-3735-0-57875600-1420045807_thumb.jpg

sitting overlooking Perth NYE

and looking to the next year - a few things to think about that can be achieved

post-3735-0-37944100-1420045917_thumb.jpg

Edited by Inge
  • Like 4

What sort of sewing do you have in mind? Embroidery? Sewing to make clothes?

I had a sewing machine as a wedding gift which was over 10 years ago and I'm ashamed to say I don't even know how to use it

Sewing to make clothes would be amazing but think I might have to settle on how to even thread the machine and once I can do that who knows - a cushion cover?! :P

• Like 2