Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Maintained Nursery - grant funding forms

Who has the responsibility, in your school, for completing the nursery grant funding forms? The nursery teacher, nursery nurse or school admin staff?

Edited by Guest

... but if you are attached to a school and they have admin then I would ask them to do it .

Yes - we are part of the school and the nursery nurse did it until recently, when she complained, and was promised by the Head that she would no longer have to do it - guess what ... I have been emailed the forms! But nobody has said anything about it and the admin staff haven't been asked to do them - what should I do? I am tempted to just ignore the email! :ph34r:

But if you ignore the email and return of data, surely no money will come the nurseries way.:(

I do ours with my wonderful admin lady. Our parent/carers return completed agreement forms and we submit names and hours etc onto a secure portal. Agreement forms are retained by us.

Maintained nursery - we collect and check the parents' forms are fully complete then our Admin staff do the rest!

Lucky you! Should teachers be completing this task as it is an admin job?! :ph34r: :huh:

It appears that someone has been given extra hours to complete the forms ... though I still haven't been informed :mellow: ; NN to 'train' her in the new term. :rolleyes:

Problem solved (?!) thanks for your replies!

Same here Carol...it beats me why they need a dec form every term if nothing has changed, getting them back drives me nuts

I offer my parents a pen with their forms "would you like to complete it now"? :1b

Obviously this doesn't work if it's not a parent dropping off or collecting :blink:

• Like 1

Now doesn't that make sense Finleysmaid , such a waste of paper, ink and time ....even when they com back they've either left half of it blank so I have to fill in anyway, or they haven't bothered turning them over to sign :(

I might attach a ' this invoice will be payable if dec not returned by ....., 15 hrs x 14wks @ £xxxx, you do the maths' lol

In Suffolk...ours have been adapted at the front bottom,to allow 3 terms per form...providing NO changes it can be used for a whole year...works until you try to seperate i.e. the summer ones foilled in ,just to be signed apart from the new ones.Hate doing it now especially since online since Sep 14 .

I offer my parents a pen with their forms "would you like to complete it now"? :1b

Obviously this doesn't work if it's not a parent dropping off or collecting :blink:

This is what I do with our parents. "While you're here, can I just get you to fill this in?"

As a teacher in school all administration was done by the administration team. Even as DHT I didn't do administration re pupil admissions or funding. I would discuss and advise re key information, but I am always surprised at how many teachers in schools have to add this admin duty to their workload. No other teacher has to manage administrative duties re who is attending their class or how, so I wouldn't expect to have to do this.

Cx