Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New allergy labelling

woodlands1997

I am still not clear about the parties and individual birthdays when parents bring in cakes from home - I am in a maintained nursery (so not a charity) - can somebody advise?

Thank you!

I am still not clear about the parties and individual birthdays when parents bring in cakes from home - I am in a maintained nursery (so not a charity) - can somebody advise?

Thank you!

any birthday treats are given to parents at pick up....then they can decide !

Thanks for the link Carol will take a look later. Just wondering if its easier just to give fruit to

the children.

Schools only give fruit and milk at snack time BUT we were pulled up by Ofsted because of the fact that some children weren't eating it and had nothing and therefore we weren't giving them enough choice :(

This was many moons ago though, in fact it was when it was 2.5hrs for a session, our argument was that in 2.5hrs they wouldn't starve but the inspector didn't agree as she said some children may not have had breakfast

I'm not sure if they would take the same stance anymore?

But what about Christmas parties and end of year/leavers parties (for non-charities), Finleysmaid?

trying to find the info for this but struggling to answer the question.....try emailing your EHO they should be able to email you an answer back.then you can come and tell the rest of us!! ;)

We provide the party food for the children so that we have some "quality" control (enough said!!!).

I have used the word document templates with the pictures and tick boxes for our weekly menus and have a laminated blank for cookery events and another laminated blank for party type events so that we can just tick the relevant boxes and put the sheet out for parents to see!

I have also used the table layout document as an audit document for everything that we are likely to provide so that we have an audit sheet.

We provide meals using a three weekly rotational menu so as long as I buy from the same supplier we should be OK as long as we check that they haven't changed their ingredients fairly regularly.

But what about Christmas parties and end of year/leavers parties (for non-charities), Finleysmaid?

Hi!

The cooks from the school we are attached to have recently been on training. They have advised that any food brought in by parents for party days, fetes etc is fine.

We only have to record the food we as a setting provide for snack or lunches. Bizarre!

• 1 month later...

Can anyone tell me if they have seen this type of labelling in any food establishment. Now I can't say that I have checked them all out but I haven't send one poster or sign yet at cafe's, restaurants,

food stalls. and I have been looking.

The only thing I have seen is at my local gym and all it says is ask staff if you have allergies. Which is hardly the point as anyone with allergies would ask. I don't dare ask which products have peanuts though as I know they will just end up reading the labels the same as I would do.

Well I know one food stall (snack-wagon thing) near me has one- because my husband very kindly volunteered me to do it for them :blink:

And the reason he volunteered me? - he asked the man why he didn't have it on display...... (having listened to me moaning and making posters etc a few days before)......the burger man didn't really seem to know much about it!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)