Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

mud kitchen inspiration

Guest sn0wdr0p

My my don't they look clean.

I gave some ideas to Cosy recently for our mud kitchen which they are putting into production and going in their next catalogue. (They wanted a sketch of one of my ideas - probably not such a good idea as I cannot draw for toffee so had to get my husband to do it) Rather chuffed about it really. When they come I will try and take photos of our mud kitchen to put on the forum.

We just bring out some pots, pans and a old wok and put them by logs and bricks, together with spoons, tongs and other tools and a bucket of water with a ladle. Mud, leaves and other bits they children can find around them. The children build their own kitchen and get cooking.

• Like 1

My my don't they look clean.

I gave some ideas to Cosy recently for our mud kitchen which they are putting into production and going in their next catalogue. (They wanted a sketch of one of my ideas - probably not such a good idea as I cannot draw for toffee so had to get my husband to do it) Rather chuffed about it really. When they come I will try and take photos of our mud kitchen to put on the forum.

Wow Snowdrop you clever old thing, look forward to seeing those. I must admit the areas photographed are the recently set up look! Certainly not what it looks like after 5 minutes in ours used copious amounts of water this year, they didn't quite like the concept of mouldable mud, just gloopy or wetter, but they love the washing up at the end just as much.

Sadly, I was very pleased to have found a post war heavy kettle for the kitchen, only to find it's been 'nicked' The last in a long line of stuff that has gone, tarpaulins, spoons, even a new but empty boat shaped sand pit, I'm assuming I supply the local rough sleepers

Edited by Panders

• 3 weeks later...

We put out a request to parents and went to the local kitchen showroom and begged for a sink!

Turned to a dad who is a kitchen fitter and ....

Ta dah! One mud kitchen!

post-560-0-15097800-1408648964_thumb.jpg

post-560-0-91124400-1408648987_thumb.jpg

post-560-0-45242000-1408649012_thumb.jpg

post-560-0-20490800-1408649048_thumb.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)