Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Half-term break....

sunnyday

I'm attempting to do the planning for the first week back. We're looking at traditional stories after none of the children knew who little red riding hood was. Gimgerbreadman and jack and the bean stalk. I'm telling you all this because I havent planned for 10 years?? So I'll be asking for help! Plus, the planning sheet they use doesnt have much info on so I'm revamping it. That's going to go down really well with at least one member of staff, mrs letsneverchangeanything.

• Like 5

• Updating learning journeys/next steps.
  • Planning for first week back.
  • Counting Sainsburys vouchers.
  • Updating welcome pack.
  • Making a role play pirate ship.

Oh and when I get all that done, am emptying my mother in laws house as she has moved into a nursing home. My husband and brother in law are useless and very disorganised, so guess who is sorting it all!! If anyone has ever visited Cornwall, they may have heard the expression "I will do it dreckly" this can mean anything from now until five years time! :o and I really think it needs to be done quicker than that!! Oh why oh why did I marry a Cornish man? :wub:

Hopefully then will have a couple of days break and get in the veg garden (which is still covered in lobster pots)

Hope everyone has a great busy break!!

• Like 2

Garden Show was fab. - as predicted some serious spending took place! :1b

One of our purchases is one of those 'Hawk kite' efforts that you fly from a huge pole thingy - bought in an attempt to keep the pigeons off our crops (next step a gun :ph34r: ) ..........so anyway wasn't too convinced but I couldn't really shoot anything - so it's up and guess how many pigeons are in the garden..........

none, zero, - yay - success! :D

Hope they don't get used to it :blink:

• Like 1

Garden Show was fab. - as predicted some serious spending took place! :1b

One of our purchases is one of those 'Hawk kite' efforts that you fly from a huge pole thingy - bought in an attempt to keep the pigeons off our crops (next step a gun :ph34r: ) ..........so anyway wasn't too convinced but I couldn't really shoot anything - so it's up and guess how many pigeons are in the garden..........

none, zero, - yay - success! :D

Hope they don't get used to it :blink:

You mean you don't run up and down the rows waving your sun bonnet and shouting?! ;-) (that's what Laura Ingalls did in the little house books!)

I have caught up on cleaning and laundry, rediscovered the dining table ready for planning tomorrow and am now sat nursing a very runny nose and tickly throat - I haven't been poorly in ages - I'm not quite sure what to do with myself!

You mean you don't run up and down the rows waving your sun bonnet and shouting?! ;-) (that's what Laura Ingalls did in the little house books!)

I have caught up on cleaning and laundry, rediscovered the dining table ready for planning tomorrow and am now sat nursing a very runny nose and tickly throat - I haven't been poorly in ages - I'm not quite sure what to do with myself!

Ah that's where I've been going wrong........well if they get used to the hawk thingy - I will try that before resorting to a gun.......I had been considering a starting pistol - but knew that I would probably just frighten myself with it :blink:

Get well soon! :1b

sat nursing a very runny nose and tickly throat - I haven't been poorly in ages - I'm not quite sure what to do with myself!

Oh no! I've passed it on! Cyber-buddy I'm sorry!!!

• Like 1

Oh no! I've passed it on! Cyber-buddy I'm sorry!!!

Don't worry I'm blaming our school administrator. I was going to do some sewing on my quilt today but I don't want to risk dripping on it. Instead I've just got a raspberry and apple crumble out the freezer to eat with custard as a treat.

• Like 1

Hope you are all having a great week and the poorly ones are feeling better.

I am not doing much different to anyone else, I was rather chuffed with myself when I finished my observations saturday night! ( what an exciting life huh!)

Tomorrow I am helping my 13 yr old to tidy his room, I have convinced him to move the 8 large boxes of tomica traintrack to nannas spare room, which means he can have a new book shelf and wont have to fill his bed and floor with so many books. I am hoping that as he is decideing to move on, he will let me take his wooden one to Nursery.

Oh those were the days, picking up train track and books. Just took 23 yr old cup of tea, amongst other things, his floor has damp towels, girlfriends bra and a collection of crockery.

• Like 3

Oh those were the days, picking up train track and books. Just took 23 yr old cup of tea, amongst other things, his floor has damp towels, girlfriends bra and a collection of crockery.

:P:P:o

Have given up on my daughters bedroom....can't get in the door!! :ph34r:

• Like 1

Any bowls, cups with interesting mould growing in them?

I must not just let the day drift by me - can see this happening - horrible, relentless drizzle will prevent much garden action, can't summon up much enthusiasm for housework and/or paperwork.........

Have promised to prepare a nice lunch for my mum - so there's something to aim for! :1b

Know what you mean Sunnyday. I had to get up and dressed to go to the dentist at 9am otherwise I'm pretty sure I'd still be in pjs! Now I'm up I'm hoping I might be motivated enough to do some of the boring stuff! I spent all of yesterday afternoon curled up on the sofa in front of the fire, drifting in and out of sleep (very confusing when it's Inspector Morse on the telly) and still managed to sleep for a bit more than 9 hours last night. Today I'm just left feeling a bit wheezy and spluttery but I can live with that!

What are you planning for your nice lunch? I don't know about you but it's soup weather up here!

One of mum's favourites Prawn salad :1b + some nice bread just delivered courtesy of Sainsburys

She's not especially keen on any pudding/dessert - but I bought her some rather nice fudge from the Garden Show - that will go down well! :1b

I reckon when you have got to her age (92) you can probably eat whatever you like! :1b

• Like 2

Glad I'm not the only one lacking motivation. The weather is awful down here. Why do we feel guilty if we are not rushing around being busy? We've earned this break!! Think of all the early mornings/late nights we put in, unpaid!

• Like 1

Glad I'm not the only one lacking motivation. The weather is awful down here. Why do we feel guilty if we are not rushing around being busy? We've earned this break!! Think of all the early mornings/late nights we put in, unpaid!

Guest sn0wdr0p

Ooh Froglet, Little House on the Prairie - I loved that when I was a little girl. When it was on TV my sisters and I were allowed to eat dinner in the lounge. It was a weekly treat that we really looked forward to. It was an absolute rule that we eat in the dining room so this felt very naughty. Fortunately my Dad worked away for 6 months of the year so he was not subjected to it.

I wish it would just be a pretend hawk in my garden Sunnyday. My husband is currently building a 10ft mews for the Harris Hawk he is getting in September. Our boys think it is wonderful and are currently nagging for owls as well as they spent Sunday at the local Falconry club display showing them to visitors. My 13 year old son has told me that they are real "babe magnets". On the plus side though we are getting a visit from the owls to my setting and I have a brilliant OWL week planned.

I wish it would just be a pretend hawk in my garden Sunnyday. My husband is currently building a 10ft mews for the Harris Hawk he is getting in September. Our boys think it is wonderful and are currently nagging for owls as well as they spent Sunday at the local Falconry club display showing them to visitors. My 13 year old son has told me that they are real "babe magnets". On the plus side though we are getting a visit from the owls to my setting and I have a brilliant OWL week planned.

Wow! How fantastic!

My hawk (pretend one) now has a name..........Chesney...........think about it! xD

• Like 5

Ooh Froglet, Little House on the Prairie - I loved that when I was a little girl. When it was on TV my sisters and I were allowed to eat dinner in the lounge. It was a weekly treat that we really looked forward to. It was an absolute rule that we eat in the dining room so this felt very naughty. Fortunately my Dad worked away for 6 months of the year so he was not subjected to it.

I have all the Little House books and once made my doll a straw hat(out of wool!) following the instructions in Liitle House in the Big Woods! Always wanted to live in a log cabin and was very excited when a friend learned how to build them. How exciting about the owls/hawk. Love the idea of them being a babe magnet!

Sunnyday great name! ;-)

We have had the most beautiful day here today (most unexpected) Well mother in laws flat nearly empty, very sad as we took nearly a lifetime of belongings to the charity shop today. Few more bits of furniture to find homes for, then its done. Going to have a day in school tomorrow and then am determined to have the rest of the week to myself!!

Hope all you poorly people are feeling better.