Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

One of those days

SazzJ

I'm having mixed up days too. Very tired (me and the children!) made worse by a governors meeting last night which didn't finish until quarter to 9. Some staff 'issues' right now and a class full of the worse 'tale tellers' I've had in some time. I'm on the point of saying "I don't care!" the next time someone brings one to me. Don't worry - I haven't and wouldn't but my patience is wearing very thin!

However, we've just finished our last nativity performance. My class have all been brilliant and I am thoroughly enjoying being with them and the excited little stories of "I've got a Christmas calendar at home.." etc.

SazzJ I'm sorry you've had a rough day. Hope tomorrow is better.

Oh my, anyone just had one of those days?

Ready to scream didn't even come close to the day I have had lol

Yep right there with you SazzJ it has been amazingly stressful today and in an unexpected way, but then to be honest has been amazingly stressful term with it getting gradually worse since half term. Oh well roll on next Wednesday :P

I am so glad tomorrow is Wednesday!

Oh 2 year olds having tantrums, 3 years olds having break downs because he doesn't want to share topped by a 4 year old who replies with why to everything and who although has an excellent grasps of rules and the right and wrong thing to do (quick to tell others off) doesn't think any of them apply to him! Staff think he just likes to wind me up but I honestly find myself saying his name in my sleep lol. Christmas hols nearly here lol

Add to that stress with Ofsted and old directors not informing them of changes (old chair) causing chaos and finding my registration is not valid but them making it difficult and causing more chaos means myself and colleague not listed as new directors hence Ofsted not able to register us.

Oh and usual staffing issues.

So glad I am off Friday lol

Well SazzJ - hope your day was better. Mine was definitely 'one of those days' today! Still am going out for a meal tonight so I'm going to try and forget it!

Have a lovely time Helen! :1b

How was your day SazzJ - as Helen said - hope it was better........

Think we all need a break - children too - my pre-school sounds more like a hospital ward - cough, cough and then a bit more coughing :(

• Like 1

Have a lovely time Helen! :1b

How was your day SazzJ - as Helen said - hope it was better........

Think we all need a break - children too - my pre-school sounds more like a hospital ward - cough, cough and then a bit more coughing :(

I was struggling on to the end of term but some bug got me yesterday!...feeling much better today though...beginning to feel it was just exhaustion

I was struggling on to the end of term but some bug got me yesterday!...feeling much better today though...beginning to feel it was just exhaustion

I have a little one who was a bit wheezy and spluttery this afternoon so we tucked her up on the sofa in the reading corner. Later I went to read a story to her and one of the boys came over saying "I'm tired too." I suggested he sat and listened to the story too which he did. As the story ended he put his arm round the little girl's shoulders and pulled her head onto his shoulder to look after her. I have such a sweet photo of the pair of them!

I am having serious attacks of the sneezes and snuffles seem to be on their way. However, as I overheard one little girl counting my sneezes then saying "3 this morning and 3 now, that makes 6 sneezes today!" I'm looking on it as a great opportunity for collecting evidence for the Number ELG! ;)xD

• Like 7

AAh thanks Helen. We took some of the children and delivered our home made xmas cards to the local shops who support us this afternoon...it's become a bit of a tradition that we have to sing to them whilst we're there! Always makes you feel better when you make so many people smile! :wub:

• Like 3

So this morning we had children coming in in dribs and drabs as we were meeting most of them in the church for the school nativity. So of course, in walks our lovely Ofsted inspector! She was brilliant and took it all in her stride, had been on the website and knew the party was next week, so came today! The rooms were all higgledy piggledy as we've had builders in every night as soon as the children leave. They've been fitting a suspended ceiling and some heating. She was totally brilliant about it all - even that we can't go out as the shed has blown over and it on it's side in the garden! So the children and the rest of the staff went to church and she and I got on with the paperwork side of things.

It was lovely, actually, very relaxed feeling and informal, she shared a lot of laughs with us and gave us lovely feedback at the end. We are very happy with the result.

Edited by Cait
  • Like 12

Cait thats fantastic news, well done to you and your team. How lucky you are to have it over with before Christmas!! How long had you been waiting?? :1b I really envy you!! CONGRATULATIONS.

Er 2009 was last one!

Us too, we are desperate to be done again, just so we can relax a bit. And by that I do not mean letting standards slip but just not to always have it in the back of your head, Is it today?? Two men came to check the fire exstinguishers today and when I saw them at the door with lanyards on, my heart went into overtime. :blink:

Cait where the children away for the whole session? if so how can she/he make a proper judgement. What evidence did she look at? Just really curious.

Oh sounds like a fab inspection Cait.

Oh it got a little better but not much.

Totally stuck/ran out of ideas of what to do with a 4 year old who struggles to apply the rules of setting such as no running in the play rooms to himself but happy to pull others up about it!