Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas IS coming

blondie

Well, sat here and realised that FOUR WEEKS today it will be Christmas Day !!!!

Every year I promise myself that I will be better prepared but sad to say I never am.

How is everyone else doing - has anyone got cards written, presents bought and wrapped , food ordered and decs ready to go up?

i think as usual I will be one of those rushing for the last minute things i need - oh well maybe next year!!

Every year I promise myself that I will be better prepared but sad to say I never am.

How is everyone else doing - has anyone got cards written, presents bought and wrapped , food ordered and decs ready to go up?

i think as usual I will be one of those rushing for the last minute things i need - oh well maybe next year!!

I'm firmly in your camp I'm afraid, just so much to do, but I'm not one to be so organised as to buy things early and write and wrap. I would be better I think if I didn't have nursery to think about too.

• Like 4

Oh that makes me feel much better - I have been hopeless this year......it just seems to have come round far too quickly for me :blink:

I need to make a list - I always feel better once I've made a list - how long it takes me to actually tick anything off the list - well that's another matter :D

Shopping done

list of items for son bought

washing all done

suitcases dusted off

two weeks and I will be in the sun , exploring and looking forward to the beach party and bbq with family

now where is that sun cream??

Inge - have a wonderful time! :1b

Shopping done

list of items for son bought

washing all done

suitcases dusted off

two weeks and I will be in the sun , exploring and looking forward to the beach party and bbq with family

now where is that sun cream??

You are a lucky girl Inge, what a great trip for you. Just wish there was space in the case for me

Oh that makes me feel much better - I have been hopeless this year......it just seems to have come round far too quickly for me :blink:

I need to make a list - I always feel better once I've made a list - how long it takes me to actually tick anything off the list

My list gets very pedantic, so the simplest of item may go on there so it can be ticked off and make me feel better! In fact there are several lists for different areas of my life!

• Like 2

Once the youngest in our family reached 21 we decided we'd no longer buy proper presents as such.

We have a lot of emphasis on the actual day it's self with good food and wine :D and it's whole family event.

We do have a poundshop challenge though- as to who can get the best/most useful/prettiest item for around a pound- one for everyone.

I have found I enjoy Christmas so much more now :1b :1b No stress at trying to buy for the sake of buying for various relatives, as technically we all buy our own and get exactly what we want :D

......and obviously a mawhooosive tree. :D

• Like 2

Once the youngest in our family reached 21 we decided we'd no longer buy proper presents as such.

We have a lot of emphasis on the actual day it's self with good food and wine :D and it's whole family event.

We do have a poundshop challenge though- as to who can get the best/most useful/prettiest item for around a pound- one for everyone.

I have found I enjoy Christmas so much more now :1b :1b No stress at trying to buy for the sake of buying for various relatives, as technically we all buy our own and get exactly what we want :D

......and obviously a mawhooosive tree. :D

Ohhh. I have been trying to get our lot to do this for soooo long, there are a couple of resistant ones who just won't play the pound shop challenge unfortunately.

Well nursery Christmas has arrived - just got it all down from the loft - at great injury to myself I might add, for the first time in my life I went flying off the chair I was standing on to get the loft hatch open - only bruised pride than goodness OH Nearly had a heart attack at the noise though - very comforting to know he came running after all these years!,

• Like 1

Well nursery Christmas has arrived - just got it all down from the loft - at great injury to myself I might add, for the first time in my life I went flying off the chair I was standing on to get the loft hatch open - only bruised pride than goodness OH Nearly had a heart attack at the noise though - very comforting to know he came running after all these years!,

Ouch. :o hope you don't ache to much now. :(

My OH doesn't let me anywhere near the loft hatch....... I play on this :D:D:D

Daft s** doesn't know me and my daughter go up there and sort stuff when he's not around though xDxD :lol:

• Like 3

Ouch Panders - hope you are ok.

I am so not ready for Christmas. Have done nothing at all. It's going to be a bit of a weird one as my sister, her husband and children are going to Nepal to see his family and my brother and his girlfriend are going to her family home. It'll just be me, mum and dad on the day. We are having a family get together on the 4th January so I actually have a little longer to sort presents and things!

• Like 1

Ouch. :o hope you don't ache to much now. :(

My OH doesn't let me anywhere near the loft hatch....... I play on this :D:D:D

Daft s** doesn't know me and my daughter go up there and sort stuff when he's not around though xDxD :lol:

Yeh definitely o.k., just feel stuuuuupid!

re your husband not letting you up in the loft, reminded me of the Michael MacIntyre act where he talks about the loft being "man space", and he has size 8 women up there wearing all his wife's clothes she can't fit into any longer, very funny.

We are having a winter wonderland home corner with gift wrapping and tree decorating. We have made snowflakes and brought snow blankets to make it more wintery.

For our party we are inviting all the children in all day to have christmas fun including party games and after lunch we have hired a bouncy castle and we've invited parents to join us. At the end we have Peppa pig coming to hand out presents!

It doesn't sound very exciting but we only have 12 children and 7 of those are only 2yrs old

Edited by klc106
  • Like 2

Oh Panders not a good idea that balancing on a chair thingy, hope your okay.:)

Do you know that's just what I thought half a second before I fell off! What a twerp, the ladder had got stuck so I was giving it extra umph to pull it out! But hey no damage done.

Edited by Panders

Well panic mode set in yesterday when I realised there's actually a week less left than I thought and we haven't even started our play practice yet :/ as for personal nothing done on that front either.....what happened to those pre- funding days when we got to finish a week before schools ???

Klc you put me to shame ;p

Edited by mouse63

Well next week for us starts our Christmas, with a walk to our local church for a Christingle service, it's just wonderful with parents joining us too. Cooking mince pies with the children this week, singing our lovely Christmas songs, a party, a concert , making cards for a local hospital, sewing on binca and put onto Christmas calendars for parents presents, as well as a celebation of a music project we have been taking part in this term, just so fantastic.

Can you guess however hectic it all is the faces on the children is just priceless and I love it.:)

• Like 2

Panders - had you been drinking? :blink: xD No seriously - glad you're OK :1b

We have lived in this house for 30 something years and I have NEVER been in the loft - don't intend to start any time soon! :rolleyes:

Did you happen to see the local news last night with the story about the Primary school head who has completely banned the C word in her school before the start of December - I loved it - sensible lady!!! :1b

• Like 2

Did you happen to see the local news last night with the story about the Primary school head who has completely banned the C word in her school before the start of December - I loved it - sensible lady!!! :1b

I have no trouble with the 'C' word - it's all this talk of lofts that is making me twitch :blink:

After an attempted break in- We're having an alarm fitting :(:(:(

Dear Husband has taken this as a sign that we should completely clear the loft of 30 years toot - currently everything is in my conservatory Summer Room, waiting in big piles to go to various places. Added to this my brother has just informed me our parents want Christmas at out house :o this year instead of his :1b . As noted in earlier post this means everyone coming here now........ and I was just thinking I could leave all the junk and sort it out at Christmas. :D

Dug out the pre-school Christmas trees today, made me so bad tempered!! I am not a huge fan of Christmas and it just seems to have started so early this year!! I will start to enjoy it next week when we start all our Christmas activities and of course leaving work wearing half a tonne of glitter!! Must check reflection before going to the dentist after work next week!! Personally I have done nothing towards Christmas!!! I suppose the time has come to really make the effort. :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...