Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Blinkin Weather

hali

Awful isnt it. I know I said I dont mind cold weather, but my son's coming home today from Huddersfield so I'm checking the live train departures constantly, I'm worried he 'll get stuck : (

Well you know how much I love this weather (NOT :( )..........can't believe it's snowing here again this morning - trying hard to keep reminding myself that it's much, much worse 'up country'.........

hali - it's so frustrating re garden plans - Mr S is taking a break over the Easter Hols with me and we had great plans for sorting the garden and planting etc. etc, - reckon we might be decorating instead :(

Rea - hope he gets back safe and sound :1b

• Like 1

No snow down here for us southern softies xD - just blinking rain again - as for getting anything done on the garden it is like a quagmire!

Hali I see you are off to Cyprus - it looks lovely and warm there (TV showing lots of t-shirted people trying to get some euros out of the cash points) make sure you take one of those lovely old fashioned money belts like we had at school - you don't want to be bank mugged by the eurocrats! :ph34r:

• Like 3

now remember we are are in England everyone...if it's snowing this week...heaven only knows what next week will be like. The last few Easters have been baking! (in fact i've joked that easter is the new summer....cos lets face it the summers have been bl..... awful! :o :rolleyes: :angry: :(xD

• Like 1

now remember we are are in England everyone...if it's snowing this week...heaven only knows what next week will be like. The last few Easters have been baking! (in fact i've joked that easter is the new summer....cos lets face it the summers have been bl..... awful! :o :rolleyes: :angry: :(xD

Yep, Mr S has just said pretty much the same thing! :1b I'm trying hard to believe it! :blink: :1b Must stay positive, must stay positive, must..............right that's enough of that now! xD

I'm not positive. :(

If this was the forum to swear using every word your nan ever taught you when you were little (honestly she did!!) I'd use them now. Looking very likely son wont make it home today, no buses and no taxis to the train station, snow upto his knees. I feel like crying :( Havent seen him since Chrstmas, I've got his room all ready and bought food for his favourite tea. :(

I know the feeling Rea. But, to be pragmatic, it's far better that he stays where he is, safe and warm and that nothing horrible happens. I know we fell the same way that my daughter can't get across from east to our west coast. Pennine route is closed, and will be for a while. I'm just pleased that its nothing majorly important that she has to travel to. We can sit on our hands and wait for the sunshine to come, and it will. The swallows will be back with us within a month, and this weather will be just a memory.

• Like 1

I'm not positive. :(

If this was the forum to swear using every word your nan ever taught you when you were little (honestly she did!!) I'd use them now. Looking very likely son wont make it home today, no buses and no taxis to the train station, snow upto his knees. I feel like crying :( Havent seen him since Chrstmas, I've got his room all ready and bought food for his favourite tea. :(

Oh Rea - I'm so sad for you.......

• Like 1

I know the feeling Rea. But, to be pragmatic, it's far better that he stays where he is, safe and warm and that nothing horrible happens. I know we fell the same way that my daughter can't get across from east to our west coast. Pennine route is closed, and will be for a while. I'm just pleased that its nothing majorly important that she has to travel to. We can sit on our hands and wait for the sunshine to come, and it will. The swallows will be back with us within a month, and this weather will be just a memory.

A lovely positive thought Cait, thank you :1b :1b He's got to leave it until tomorrow now :(

Sunnyday, I wish your name was a reality :1b

Oh no - I remember my son making some stunningly awful meals with "what's left lying around" when he was at uni and either running out of money or eating what was left before coming home for the holidays - his first job when he came home used to be to look in the fridge to marvel at what a full fridge of edible food looked like before eating us out of house and home xD :lol:

A lovely positive thought Cait, thank you :1b :1b He's got to leave it until tomorrow now :(

Sunnyday, I wish your name was a reality :1b

Oh so do I :1b

I have been keeping a diary this year - a New Years resolution that I am actually managing to keep (well so far xD ) - so I've just been looking back at my entries - quite clearly I am totally obsessed with the weather (no surprise there :blink: xD ) - I have been writing about snow and freezing conditions almost every day since early January :( - there were a few nice days in there but not many :( - oh enough already! xD

Please don't forget to let us know when he makes it home - oh and enjoy your walk! :1b

• Like 1

Oh no - I remember my son making some stunningly awful meals with "what's left lying around" when he was at uni and either running out of money or eating what was left before coming home for the holidays - his first job when he came home used to be to look in the fridge to marvel at what a full fridge of edible food looked like before eating us out of house and home xD :lol:

Oldest son is always saying 'I can eat that, I did at Uni', not blo*dy likely mate! And washing up was only attempted when they ran out of plates, dishes, mugs, saucepans and anything else that could hold food. :o

Oh so do I :1b

I have been keeping a diary this year - a New Years resolution that I am actually managing to keep (well so far xD ) - so I've just been looking back at my entries - quite clearly I am totally obsessed with the weather (no surprise there :blink: xD ) - I have been writing about snow and freezing conditions almost every day since early January :( - there were a few nice days in there but not many :( - oh enough already! xD

Please don't forget to let us know when he makes it home - oh and enjoy your walk! :1b

I'm going to be watching the minutes until he tells us he's at the station, then I'm going to shout about it! Cant believe how sad I feel, its only one extra day for goodness sake, and as everyone has pointed out, he's warm and safe, I cant ask for more than that can I? Except that he had food!

Oh I can totally understand why you feel so sad..........I know that I would........

So how come you have to pay for a new ticket when they have cancelled trains - or have I got hold of the wrong end of the stick? Ah just read previous posts - and see he can't get to the station.......

Edited by sunnyday

Guest tinkerbell

Hope your son makes it home safe Rea.

Talking about the garden I had a parcel unable to be delivered on Thursday! husband walking the dog ,just missed the postman!

Anyway all this snow unable to get out of our village so I have 6 lupins dying in the parcel office! That will teach me to think Easter was going to be getting in the garden! I am in West Yorkshire I should learn.

Hope your son makes it home safe Rea.

Talking about the garden I had a parcel unable to be delivered on Thursday! husband walking the dog ,just missed the postman!

Anyway all this snow unable to get out of our village so I have 6 lupins dying in the parcel office! That will teach me to think Easter was going to be getting in the garden! I am in West Yorkshire I should learn.

I love lupins,not so keen on the green fly they attract though :huh: West Yorks is where son is so I hope you dont stay cut off for too long

I'm supposed to be off to the Peak District on Thursday for a long weekend. First break in AGES. Just heard on the travel news that all trans Penine routes are closed, Matlock is virtually cut off and Buxton only accessible from the East. It's not looking hopeful. Hope everyone's staying warm and dry and that you have the return of the prodigal son tomorrow Rea!

I'm supposed to be off to the Peak District on Thursday for a long weekend. First break in AGES. Just heard on the travel news that all trans Penine routes are closed, Matlock is virtually cut off and Buxton only accessible from the East. It's not looking hopeful. Hope everyone's staying warm and dry and that you have the return of the prodigal son tomorrow Rea!

:o Oh no!

Try to take heart from Cait's very positive post! :1b

Part of the sunnyday clan are caravanning over Easter.......brrrrrrrrr!

It might change, it has to change it will change.......hmmmm - trying hard to convince myself :blink: xD

• Like 1