Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I'm off to Australia!

sunnyday

I'm not really :1b

But my goodness I'm giving it serious consideration just to escape this (bleep!) weather :ph34r:

Had enough now - might have mentioned before that I don't 'do' cold or snow or ice or gale force wind :oxD :lol: xD

Might just drive up to Gatwick (well always supposing the road has been gritted :blink: ) complete with my passport and credit card......anyone want to join me? :1b

• Like 4

Guest Spiral

I'm in!!! Can't afford it though, so who is paying???

Ah well, I suppose I can't have my cake and eat it - I'll just have to put my coat on and look at the cakes in the bakers window...dieting so I can't really eat one :(

Australia, here I come too!!!!

I'm coming - I'm coming - fed up with the cold weather, parents, medical professionals interferring in statemented child's support without thinking of the consequences and staff being unwell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just in case you guessed this is not the best of weeks - thank goodness it is a very short half term - at this rate I will have lost the will by the time Easter gets here

• Like 1

Crikey I'm with you, sick to death of his cold weather and aching knees! Old school chum moved there about ten years go and doesn't look back!

Edited by Cait
  • Like 2

Icy cold out, but no snow other than the few flurries in the air.. the cats enjoy chasing it! and one came in with what looked like a bad case of dandruff.. he is black so looked really funny..

as to Oz.. my son out there has had temps of 35 to 40+ C this year.. and even now it is still hot, the hottest summer there for ages... We will be there next Christmas so will get some sun then..

although I am happy in the cold with the log fire lit and a good 'ole stew in the slow cooker for dinner...

• Like 1

I'd love to join you but (a) I can't afford it and (B) 35 - 40 degrees is WAY too hot for me! I could meet you at the airport though, have a mooch round the duty free, lunch, people watching...

Edited by Beehive
  • Like 2

I wont be coming, but wish you all a lovely time. I dont mind the cold, I kept complaining on our cruise last year that I was too hot, you can always add a layer but once you're too hot you've had it!

:D

• Like 3

Indeed!

My son spent most of last year 'down under', with my two cousins I only know through Facebook. I really would love to get out there to make it a real experience, but sadly it's looking less and less likely :(

• Like 1

Oh Sunnyday I thought you were really going and got all excited for you!

My brother in law lives in Sydney in a lovely house with a swimming pool. We could all go and stay there and look after his little boy while he and his lovely wife go to work. BBQ on Bondi beach anyone?

• Like 1

Oh please come and join me in Western Australia, we have just gone into Autumn and the temp is about 26 to 30 degrees with night time of around 16. I would love to chat to ladies and gents who know what I am on about anbd understand the things I am trying to implemant. We have fab beaches, great weather and a chilled out lifestyle. You more than welcome at my house :) :)

Oh please come and join me in Western Australia, we have just gone into Autumn and the temp is about 26 to 30 degrees with night time of around 16. I would love to chat to ladies and gents who know what I am on about anbd understand the things I am trying to implemant. We have fab beaches, great weather and a chilled out lifestyle. You more than welcome at my house :) :)

Well having had a quick look at Mandurah on the old google what a lovely city you have expatinoz, I think a flying visit from us all to help out would do us all good

• Like 2

Be careful what you wish for expatinoz! xD :lol: xD

I wont be coming, but wish you all a lovely time. I dont mind the cold, I kept complaining on our cruise last year that I was too hot, you can always add a layer but once you're too hot you've had it!

:D

A lady after my own heart!

PS I didnt mention it was the weather I wanted to escape.

Oh Sunnyday I thought you were really going and got all excited for you!

My brother in law lives in Sydney in a lovely house with a swimming pool. We could all go and stay there and look after his little boy while he and his lovely wife go to work. BBQ on Bondi beach anyone?

Sorry Upsy - was just messing about! (most unusual for me :ph34r:xD )

BBQ on Bondi beach sounds just wonderful :1b

Today's weather.......cold, windy (actually slightly less so today), hailstones, snow......but. yay - the very occasional glimpse of the sun :1b

Carol Kirkwood said, with a smile, this morning......"there's a return to very cold weather at the beginning of next week" - so yes, think I might just run away xD

I've been for a walk this morning, dont forget 'there's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes!

There's nothing better than sitting on a mountain with the wind driving the rain horizontally into your face :D ::1a

North Wales, here I come xD

I am so wanting to go - this week is just getting better and better - today one small child with a broken arm decided to projectile vomit and just for added measure evacuate any other bodily contents at the other end - have you ever tried to remove sick laden clothes over a plaster cast :huh: :huh: :huh:

I am now off to wash all my clothes and myself as there is still a lingering whiff of something alongside the disinfectant and sanitiser about me (not sure how we would have coped with ratios of 1 to 13 - it took two staff to sluice down the room and another to deal with the child !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!