Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Desert Island Discs

Cait

It's just been pointed out that I have arrived at 8000 posts! I don't know how that happened - obviously I have too much to say, so perhaps it's time to go to that mythical desert island with my eight records, a book and a luxury. But what should I take?

What would YOU pick?

• Like 1

Luxury item should perhaps be frivolous don't you think? Not particularly practical or needed, just wanton and decadent, and a little useless - how about a padded toilet seat a la Prince Charles, apparently he takes it everywhere with him when he goes abroad

hummm records...something i'm not going to get bored with ...perhaps something classical that i can learn to play on a set of coconut shells! books a set of survival guides (always fancied myself as a Bear grylls) luxury....i'm afraid would have to be a years supply of chocolate :rolleyes:

Anything from Caro emerald, jools Holland, rammstein or elbow with Hathaway from 'lewis" or Jonny depp. Take a hip flask and an overnight bag and enjoy x :D

Edited by Rea
  • Like 2

What would we pick for you to take or us Cait?

Well either really.

I think my records would be mainly classical music - they go on a bit longer! Jane Eyre possibly for book. Hmmm.

been thinking... not sure on music, country, maybe a bit of current music, (not rap ) classic, No Jazz... but happy with most genre...

books, one of the dragon series, Anne McCaffrey ( but would like to smuggle in my kindle with a solar charger takes up less room than a book, honest!)

Luxury item.. a huge umbrella.. i could use as shelter against sun ( I get hives from too much sun!) and rain .. could use it to collect rain in for water and lots of practical uses... But like the idea of a shipping crate..

Well, I wondered how else all that red wine could benefit you and found this list...

Red wine can be used as a facial toner and skin softener,

It can be used to clean fruit and vegetables, dye fabrics, its a disinfectant, a glass cleaner, a fly trap. It heals bruises, helps your heart, relieves dyspepsia, can be used as a meat marinade and made into jelly. It can slow the aging process, boost brain power and you can use it to power your Aston Martin.

So I'd say 2 crates would be better :D

• Like 3

Actually, would it be more sensible, in light of that, to get a juggernaut of crates full? Still one luxury? They could take the juggernaut back in case that constituted a second luxury.......

Actually, would it be more sensible, in light of that, to get a juggernaut of crates full? Still one luxury? They could take the juggernaut back in case that constituted a second luxury.......

I like your thinking there :1b I'm wondering now - as I'm not taking a book - I would like the wine + George - think that would be a brilliant combination! :1b

Well, I wondered how else all that red wine could benefit you and found this list...

Red wine can be used as a facial toner and skin softener,

It can be used to clean fruit and vegetables, dye fabrics, its a disinfectant, a glass cleaner, a fly trap. It heals bruises, helps your heart, relieves dyspepsia, can be used as a meat marinade and made into jelly. It can slow the aging process, boost brain power and you can use it to power your Aston Martin.

So I'd say 2 crates would be better :D

Blimey Rea thats worthy of an Alistair Bryce Clegg Blog! (sorry sunnyday jumped in on your thread there.)

What's her problem then :ph34r:

Hahahaha.....(hic) Edited by Rafa