Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Are You Guilty Of The Following?

Me too if we're being honest, but I do know when I'm saying something daft.

I know a 2 women who are guilty of all of them. I shudder at the memories.

I learnt to be careful of what I said when my children were small and I would say no to something and then wonder why I'd said no. I often admitted to them I was wrong and on second thoughts they could do whatever it was they'd asked. I tried to remember that when I worked with other peoples children.

Hands up to at least the volcano - love the quotes. Very 'eye opening' - certainly worth sharing with staff team. Thanks for sharing link.

Guest Spiral

I'm sure I'm guilty too :huh: :ph34r:

.....But, I'm also guilty of being the one that tries to allow the children to explore & make a huge mess, nobody's perrfictt! :PxD:P

Yes me too in the past....................However over the years through training, research and peer observation I have really had my 'eyes opened'. This is an area I have been working on with staff and this is an excellent example to show them.

Guest pamgreen

The same guy has a wonderful article about boys. He is also a friend of Alistair from ABC does blog.

The same guy has a wonderful article about boys. He is also a friend of Alistair from ABC does blog.

i think you'll find that guy is a gal! ...she also has links with one of my favourite suppliers " mindstretchers"

humm 350 views and only a few have replied....i think there are some practitioners not owning up out there! :oxD :lol: xD Having started working in early years some 13 years ago i think i've probably been guilty of most of this at some time...especially the volcano! and have to say i have done fluffy sheep and bunny tails too :o but in my defence i also remember doing it at school and dont ever do it now :blink: I often find myself asking now "why don't i want the children to do that? rather than say no and think later only by doing this do we truly have an 'enabling' environment rather then a disabling one. This blog is great...i have posted about her thoughts on sand and water too in another thread.

panders i am very jealous....they seem to rarely hold trainings in the south...such a shame. Did you do the floor book one?

Oh no, completely guilty of putting blue powder paint in the water tray this morning! It was because it was pretty and hid the items that were in the water so the children had to fish for them though not because I tell children that the sea is blue (although I'd love to be looking at some blue sea and a white beach and sunshine right now......).

great blog , yes there are areas that are true and if being totally honest , the sheep bit is about craft and creativity and its improvising or using something similar to portray a sheep , depends on how you do it and explain . life would be sad without a few cotton wool sheep !! haha or should that be baa baa :P

• Like 1

great blog , yes there are areas that are true and if being totally honest , the sheep bit is about craft and creativity and its improvising or using something similar to portray a sheep , depends on how you do it and explain . life would be sad without a few cotton wool sheep !! haha or should that be baa baa :P

I do agree with this - OK so not a whole cohort of cotton wool sheep.............. but children do need to learn about 'representation' too! The creative/artistic world would be a sad place no-one ever learnt about 'mixed media'!!!

Same with science - bicarb and vinegar needs to be explored!!!!!!....... it's extending the imagination to call it a volcano- as long as you talk about real ones, have a few pictures etc.....

....off to Ikea now to see if they still do the 'cotton plants' to put on display table.... :D ::1a :D

xxx

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)